Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,644 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign (1388 Views)

Dino Melaye: 'APC Scatter Scatter, Everything Jaga Jaga, Put Broom In The Air' / Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme / We Are Proud Of Senator Dino Melaye - APC, Kogi Newspaper Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by themomentng: 5:11pm On May 27, 2017
Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, says Senator Dino Melaye and others asking him to resign are jokers.

Top members of All Progressives Congress (APC), in Kogi had asked Bello to resign over accusation that he engaged in double voter registration.

Dino Melaye, who led other APC members, at a news briefing in Abuja on Friday dissociated the party and people of Kogi State from the governor’s “criminal behaviour”.

Firing back, Bello through his Director General on Media, Kingsley Fanwo, called his opponents jokers, saying that the matter was overblown by opponents to score political goals.

Fanwo in a statement in Lokoja on Saturday said the governor would not resign, stressing that the “issue was straight forward enough as the Governor welcomes the decision of INEC to cancel the latter registration”.

“Resignation is completely out of the options and the Governor will continue his good work for the people of Kogi State. They and their corrupt sponsors should wait till 2019.

“The Governor will not resign. We have listened to INEC and we respect their decisions. Now is time for the Commission to fast-track the transfer of the PVC of the Governor to Kogi State from Abuja”, he stated.

Fanwo said it was unfortunate that some APC leaders had constituted themselves as opposition within the party, “simply because they have lost out in their bid to compromise the system and scam the people of Kogi State.‎”

“Ametuo has turned himself to a diaspora Chairman who doesn’t know what is happening in Kogi State. He is running from his own shadows and has joined forces with those who want to pull the APC-led government in Kogi State down.

“He and his co-travelers have not come to terms with a new Kogi State that cannot be compromised. Under Governor Yahaya Bello, it will never be business as usual,” he said.

Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by NwaObinkita: 5:14pm On May 27, 2017
I concur..

This is a banana republic

1 Like

Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 5:15pm On May 27, 2017
Impunity everywhere...

1 Like

Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by ciscoxx(m): 5:20pm On May 27, 2017
Pls sir. Just pay people their salaries.. Forget all d talk at ur back..

4 Likes

Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by perez100: 5:21pm On May 27, 2017
Buhari and Tinubu are the probem why Nigeria still remain backward. Too bad!

1 Like

Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by seunmsg(m): 5:29pm On May 27, 2017
Bello should shut up and stop pointing fingers. If he didn't engage in fraudulent double registration, nobody will call for his resignation. He should look inwards and correct all the complaints against his government. As the youngest governor in Nigeria today, he carries the hope of every young Nigerian who have been agitating for more involvement in leadership role. Unfortunately, he has not delivered so far.

6 Likes

Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by Firefire(m): 5:31pm On May 27, 2017
APC as a party is filled with rogues.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:33pm On May 27, 2017
Oga just pay salary biko, forget about double registration matter.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by yarimo(m): 5:39pm On May 27, 2017
Chai! DINO MELAYE been fooling himself from his ward up to national level.
Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by ugofr(f): 5:46pm On May 27, 2017
nobody can force you to resign, if they dares it, take down the crowd, do not go down alone.
Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by Angeleena(m): 6:00pm On May 27, 2017
confused, party.. from the top to the least person...

1 Like

Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by yaki84: 6:03pm On May 27, 2017
seunmsg:
Bello should shut up and stop pointing fingers. If he didn't engage in fraudulent double registration, nobody will call for his resignation. He should look inwards and correct all the complaints against his government. As the youngest governor in Nigeria today, he carries the hope of every young Nigerian who have been agitating for more involvement in leadership role. Unfortunately, he has not delivered so far.
person wey marry tiri olds women una still dey call am young. I taya for una.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:12pm On May 27, 2017
Only Buhari can. Osinbajo is the only sane person in this party of monumental failure called APC.
Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by pythonkid(m): 6:13pm On May 27, 2017
pl
Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by Evablizin(f): 6:18pm On May 27, 2017
Jokers indeed

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by Lanretoye(m): 6:43pm On May 27, 2017
perez100:
Buhari and Tinubu are the probem why Nigeria still remain backward. Too bad!
move on with your life bro,stop the blame game.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by PROWESX(m): 9:23pm On May 27, 2017
Bello run kogi like gotham

1 Like

Re: Gov. Bello Fires Back: Dino Melaye, APC Chairman, Others Can’t Ask Me To Resign by abu12: 9:35pm On May 27, 2017
Bello is not a register voter in kogi niether did he vote in kogi, but he become their governor. what a country.

u will ask ur self, what law is nigeria using

(1) (Reply)

CCTV Caught Nigerian Army Looting IPOB Leader’s House – Kanu’s Lawyer / The Lamentations Of A Poisonous Dwarf By FFK / INNOSON: GTB Panics, Issues Press Statement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.