Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,311 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Omotoyossi, Martins In $25,000 Bet - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Omotoyossi, Martins In $25,000 Bet (603 Views)

Kalou Pays Up $5,000 Bet With Mikel Obi After Eagles’ Victory. / Kalou Pays Mikel $5,000 Bet After Eagles Won / Obafemi Martins & Razak Omotoyossi Make $25,000 Bet Over Nigeria-benin Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omotoyossi, Martins In $25,000 Bet by woye77: 11:33am On Jan 16, 2010
There is $25 000 at stake in the African Nations Cup group clash between Nigeria and Benin Republic, after strikers Obafemi Martins and Razak Omotoyossi took a bet over the outcome.

According to Omotoyossi, the bet was made between both players soon after the draws were made.

"He is one of my best friends and he is someone I love and respect," Omotoyossi said in an interview with Nigerian newspaper The Nations. "We discuss all the time and as soon as we were grouped together he called me and said 'look we are going to win this time'.

"I said 'we (Benin Republic) are going to win. Then he said 'okay if you (Benin) win then you (Omotoyossi) will get twenty five thousand dollars' and I said okay no problem that if Nigeria win I will give him twenty five thousand dollars and we sealed it there. It’s a deal. I don’t know how it got to journalists but the deal is sealed. He is my best friend so he cannot run away."

Omotoyossi is of Nigerian parentage but represents Benin Republic, and will be leading the Squirrels' attack on Saturday. Martins, however, is yet to rejoin his team mates after a trip to Europe.

Colin Udoh
Re: Omotoyossi, Martins In $25,000 Bet by chimexoil(m): 11:58am On Jan 16, 2010
YOU CAN TRY THIS ANY WERE IN NIGERIA MAKE MONEY INVESTING NOTHING JUST GET CLIENT TO BUY ANY CRUDE OIL LIKE BONNY LIGHT CRUDE OIL,AND LOTS MORE FOCADOS AND MAKE YOUR SELF MORE THAN 10MILLION AT THE END OF EVERY SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION

CHIMEX OIL AND GAS

AGENT/FACILITATORS ON CRUDE OIL AND OTHER RELATED PRODUCTS LIKE REFINED PRODUCTS, HIRING OF VESSEL, AND LOTS MORE

Email: -
ocwest@yahoo.com
Tell: - +2348056209399
+2347035445334
Re: Omotoyossi, Martins In $25,000 Bet by chidyke77(m): 2:12pm On Jan 16, 2010
woye77:

There is $25 000 at stake in the African Nations Cup group clash between Nigeria and Benin Republic, after strikers Obafemi Martins and Razak Omotoyossi took a bet over the outcome.

According to Omotoyossi, the bet was made between both players soon after the draws were made.

"He is one of my best friends and he is someone I love and respect," Omotoyossi said in an interview with Nigerian newspaper The Nations. "We discuss all the time and as soon as we were grouped together he called me and said 'look we are going to win this time'.

"I said 'we (Benin Republic) are going to win. Then he said 'okay if you (Benin) win then you (Omotoyossi) will get twenty five thousand dollars' and I said okay no problem that if Nigeria win I will give him twenty five thousand dollars and we sealed it there. It’s a deal. I don’t know how it got to journalists but the deal is sealed. He is my best friend so he cannot run away."

Omotoyossi is of Nigerian parentage but represents Benin Republic, and will be leading the Squirrels' attack on Saturday. Martins, however, is yet to rejoin his team mates after a trip to Europe.

Colin Udoh

super eagles has no dignity again that even squirrels are challenging them for a fight,the should not disgrace themselves.
Re: Omotoyossi, Martins In $25,000 Bet by GTay(m): 3:58pm On Jan 16, 2010
^^^ lol grin
Re: Omotoyossi, Martins In $25,000 Bet by FBS: 10:19pm On Jan 16, 2010
Then going by the result, Martins should be richer by $25k now. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

What Makes A Team A Winner Anyday? / Anglola 2010:nigeria Through To Semifinal / Nigeria Starting Line Up Againt Ghana Today 5pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.