Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,242 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Central Bank Governor: Public Servant Or Private Contractor? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Central Bank Governor: Public Servant Or Private Contractor? (725 Views)

Removed / Some Childhood Novel That Had Josefu Or Joseph As Central Character.help Me / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Central Bank Governor: Public Servant Or Private Contractor? by Ben13: 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2010
Just a piece in my collection. . .ENJOY!!! wink

[size=13pt]Our Central Bank Governor, A Public Servant Or A Private Contractor?[/size]

In partnership with CNN, the influential TIME magazine named Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the Reserve Bank, USA (equivalent of our CBN) as the Person of the Year 2009.

Because lasting positive results are achieved through focusing on the productive, I present important attributes of this 56- year old Professor of Economics as highlighted by TIME, who graduated summa cumlaude and compare him with our own 48 year old CBN Governor, also an Economist.

- Ben Bernanke helped oversee the financial stress tests that finally calmed the markets.

- He has none of the look-at-me swagger or listen-to-me charisma so common among men with oversize Washington office.

- He doesn't do the D.C. dinner-party circuit.

- Mild - mannered chairman

Compare him with our own Mallam Sanusi Lamidu Sanusi who is clearly academically-inclined and would likely, at the earliest opportunity, be going back to complete his Masters Degree in Economists.

- Hugs the lime-light and hardly turns down invitations to public events, where he dramatizes his banking
sanitization.

- loves to be noticed in his snazzy bow-ties or his royalty-depicting free-flowing robe.

- Views are at best myopic and contradictory, not reflective of the true state of affairs of the economy as he once stated that "the economy has not noticed the lack of lending from banks" - Vanguard, Monday, November 16, 2009.

- Relishes making incendiary remarks and says he created the crisis for the banks; is unnecessarily loquacious, aggravating rather than calming the system he is meant to tend. here is a CBN Governor who says "but for the provisions of the law, bank CEOs who have already been charged to court by the EFCC should be tired to the states and shot" . The Guardian, Saturday, October 24, 2009, front page.

- Appears overwhelmed by the trappings of office, consequently distracting attention by focusing on things irrelevant to monetary policies, inflation, and employment. He once boasted that "as the Governor of the CentralĀ  Bank, i do not only have the moral and statutory responsibility to protect the depositor's funds, i also have the obligation to ensure that those who steal depositors' funds are prosecuted and jailed."

Nigerians, what does the future portend with Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi having influence over inflation, unemployment, the strength of our Naira, etc, and ultimately our standard of living?

This is an urgent clarion call on the Presidency, the Patriots, Concerned Professionals, PDP leadership, the leadership of National Assemble, Conference of Nigerian Political Parties, the Finance Minster, Dr. Mukhtar Manusur, the President's Chief Economic Adviser, Dr. Tanimu Yakubu, and all well-meaning Nigerians, to act swiftly and, in the interest of the entire nation, restrain the CBN Governor, Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, from plunging our economy into further chaos through his unbridled quest to proved that he is on a cleansing mission.

. . . . cool

(1) (Reply)

Curious But True / Advice Pls / Script Writer Needed For Partnership.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.