Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

How To Use Word Press.. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Use Word Press.. (758 Views)

How Do I Remove White Space On Word Press? / How Can A Site On PHP Changed To Word Press / Latest Naijaloaded Word Press Theme Available For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Word Press.. by dbynonetwork: 5:56am On May 28, 2017
Good morning nairalanders! Please how do I start using word press? I just installed it on my laptop.
Re: How To Use Word Press.. by Bobody(m): 6:19am On May 28, 2017
Hello, please clarify if you've installed it locally or the WordPress site is live.

If it's locally, you might have issues with some functions that requires a FTP.

1. Login to the admin dashboard URL/wp-admin, will redirect you to the login page if not logged in.
2. After login, change or customize the site theme to what best fits you.
3. Delete WordPress default comment and post.
4. Let's brand it a bit, go to Users and change display name from Admin to something better.
Let's install some pluings now
5. Install Yoast SEO or all in one seo for your seo.
6. Done? Okay, now install Jetpack and loginizer (security).
7. Install Mashare for sharing button.
8. Now let's speed it up with WP Super Cache
9. Boring but you have to tell search engines about your site. Most importantly, search console and bing webmaster.
10. Now you've to create social accounts for your blog and finally you can launch it.

https://brainslodge.com/10-tips-improve-website-blog-brand/

When you're done with this, kindly create an about us and contact us page.

Remember, not to use nulled plugins or themes, I guess I can explain the result better.

The plugins above are not the only ones who could handle the features properly, but those are the one I've used and I can recommend. sad

1 Like

Re: How To Use Word Press.. by dbynonetwork: 9:07am On May 28, 2017
Bobody:
Hello, please clarify if you've installed it locally or the WordPress site is live.

If it's locally, you might have issues with some functions that requires a FTP.

1. Login to the admin dashboard URL/wp-admin, will redirect you to the login page if not logged in.
2. After login, change or customize the site theme to what best fits you.
3. Delete WordPress default comment and post.
4. Let's brand it a bit, go to Users and change display name from Admin to something better.
Let's install some pluings now
5. Install Yoast SEO or all in one seo for your seo.
6. Done? Okay, now install Jetpack and loginizer (security).
7. Install Mashare for sharing button.
8. Now let's speed it up with WP Super Cache
9. Boring but you have to tell search engines about your site. Most importantly, search console and bing webmaster.
10. Now you've to create social accounts for your blog and finally you can launch it.

https://brainslodge.com/10-tips-improve-website-blog-brand/

When you're done with this, kindly create an about us and contact us page.

Remember, not to use nulled plugins or themes, I guess I can explain the result better.

The plugins above are not the only ones who could handle the features properly, but those are the one I've used and I can recommend. sad

What do you mean by installing it locally? I downloaded and installed wordpress from their site, i.e .
Re: How To Use Word Press.. by Bobody(m): 1:57pm On May 28, 2017
dbynonetwork:

What do you mean by installing it locally? I downloaded and installed wordpress from their site, i.e .

I mean running it locally on your PC i.e turning your PC into a web server . This is good if you're just starting WordPress or you're developing something because it's free and fast.

But I'm scared you just created a hosted WordPress site which has limited features.

Read this: How to set up a local WordPress site on your PC - https://brainslodge.com/local-wordpress-site/
Re: How To Use Word Press.. by lgboks(m): 3:48pm On May 28, 2017
Bobody:

I mean running it locally on your PC i.e turning your PC into a web server . This is good if you're just starting WordPress or you're developing something because it's free and fast.

But I'm scared you just created a hosted WordPress site which has limited features.

Read this: How to set up a local WordPress site on your PC - https://brainslodge.com/local-wordpress-site/

nice comments....
I want to design a WordPress site for a non governmental organization...... A foundation.
How would you advice me to go about it...
Want to start with free before getting a domain name and hosting.... What's the difference between WordPress dot Com and their dot org...
Looking forward to your reply thanks
Re: How To Use Word Press.. by dbynonetwork: 5:06pm On May 28, 2017
Bobody:

That was exactly what I did because I a newbie and I needed to get familiar with it.
Re: How To Use Word Press.. by Bobody(m): 7:03pm On May 28, 2017
lgboks:

nice comments....
I want to design a WordPress site for a non governmental organization...... A foundation.
How would you advice me to go about it...
Want to start with free before getting a domain name and hosting.... What's the difference between WordPress dot Com and their dot org...
Looking forward to your reply thanks

For the governmental organization website.

- The interface is really important, you need to make sure the theme you want to use is responsive and lite.
- You need an SSL certificate so users can trust the website better.
- The homepage should not be too heavy but should summarize everything about the organization.
- Testimonials rocks too.

I won't advice you to go for the free one because it's features are limited e.g you can't even upload a custom theme and the customization of the default one is limited. In short, the free one is for blogging alone and not meant to be for website.

cryTired of typing now. Okay, try set it up locally on your PC but if you can't, you can mail me via info@brainslodge.com. You can try whogohost hosting too, seems they've a #4000 yearly plan.

I don't know the perfect way to explain this WordPress.org is the official website to download the giant cms source code while is also their official website where they show off what WordPress is capable of doing.

In other words, is a blogging platform itself just like blogger.com while WordPress.org is the giant official home. grin

Manage my explanation like that Sir, tired already.
Re: How To Use Word Press.. by Bobody(m): 7:05pm On May 28, 2017
dbynonetwork:

That was exactly what I did because I a newbie and I needed to get familiar with it.

Follow the above details Sir. WordPress is easy and fun. cheesy. Just little dedication and believe you can.
Re: How To Use Word Press.. by dbynonetwork: 11:09am On May 29, 2017
Bobody:

Follow the above details Sir. WordPress is easy and fun. cheesy. Just little dedication and believe you can.
Good morning bros!
I am stalked right now, my problem is extracting wordpress to files/xampp/htdocs...
Re: How To Use Word Press.. by Bobody(m): 1:18pm On May 29, 2017
dbynonetwork:

Good morning bros!
I am stalked right now, my problem is extracting wordpress to files/xampp/htdocs...

Download and install Winrar. After installation, navigate to the WordPress.zip you downloaded earlier then click on open with Winrar then extract it to /xampp/htdocs sir.

Start your server and keep booming sir.

(1) (Reply)

How To Link Adsense To Your Youtube Account / How To Create Free Web Push Notification For Your Website / Microsoft Says The Password Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.