Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. (1455 Views)

My Indoor Aloe Vera Farm Has Been A Success So Far *pictures* / I Have 1million And I Want To Invest In Agricultural Farm Within Ondo State / My Experience About Snail Farming, Pictures, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by sanod(m): 10:27am On May 28, 2017
Good day, my fellow nairalanders, I created this thread to share my experience so far on the common challenges rural farmers face in this Nigeria, and what personally i am facing in going into this deal with these farmers (both with the good and the bad ones).

Before going into the koko;
Let me rapidly explain what infrastrure is;
Infrastructure is a basic physical and organisational structures and facilities needed for an enterprise to operate.
Bringing this into agriculture?
What these farmers needed for full farm operation to exist, which inturns bring good returns for the farmers and the investors in the sector.

So with my experience in palm oil business, I decided to start with the farmers involved in this part of farming, because I see beyond just buying and supplying palm oil to clients.

Let me quickly call on my co-dealers in palm oil such as; iyalode gbo-gbo-gbo (peeo); donparoski the Don; mbok Menwongo; ClassicTutor; and Tublez baba. As this thread is incomplete without their presence.

Also my favorite man (basalt), your queries are like jokes to me, as they always make me smile. Your contributions and criticism are highly needed on this also. Lols.

So let us all begin!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by tugrow(m): 11:22am On May 28, 2017
Present sir
Re: My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by menwongo(m): 8:55pm On May 28, 2017
Farmers need a functioning palm oil mills (improve mill) not this one in Nigeria that encourage drudgery.

Most mill break down in the middle of production. This reduces the quantity and quality of oil as most time the boil fruit will be inside pot till when the machines are repaired.

Most locals would have engage in palm oil production but due to the drudgery involved they run away from it. This can be solved through the full application of engineering principles in palm oil production from harvesting to milling.

In a nutshell improve milling machine use in Foreign countries need to be imported.
Re: My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by sanod(m): 7:29pm On May 29, 2017
menwongo:
Farmers need a functioning palm oil mills (improve mill) not this one in Nigeria that encourage drudgery.

Most mill break down in the middle of production. This reduces the quantity and quality of oil as most time the boil fruit will be inside pot till when the machines are repaired.

Most locals would have engage in palm oil production but due to the drudgery involved they run away from it. This can be solved through the full application of engineering principles in palm oil production from harvesting to milling.

In a nutshell improve milling machine use in Foreign countries need to be imported.
am so glad with this your input. and funny enough, we dont even need this complicated machines to be imported before we can have a good and functioning mill.

1 Like

Re: My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by sanod(m): 7:45pm On May 29, 2017
Privates/individuals intervention in some sectors in this country can help boost the growth, not necessarily from the government. As I always remember my favorite quote from steve jobs; "everything around you that you called Life, was made by people not smarter than you".

This is what I tot before I finally concluded to start this agricultural infrastructure project.
So with my keen interest in palm oil, I looked around, chose south-west states to begin with, atleast, proximity to my base (Lagos), lols. So I did funny thing; wrote out the states in south west, lagos excluded. abi nao, palm oil no dey lagos nao. Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, and Ekiti. Wrapped each differently; threw it out and picked one. kidy right? lols...yeah, thats what I did. Opening the one I picked; guess the state? It is Ekiti oooo.

Sigh, I looked at the sky and said to God, so am going to begin this project in Ekiti State. Ekiti? here I come oo...

Then I scan through my brain, wrote out the friends I have that came from ekiti, met with them one by one......
***My Iftar is ready ooo...let me quickly eat. continue later.

1 Like

Re: My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by Sunnysteve009(m): 6:16am On May 30, 2017
l am waiting oooo
Re: My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by Pavore9: 7:05am On May 30, 2017
Following.....
Re: My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by hayzed1090: 2:48pm On May 30, 2017
Following
Re: My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by Walexz02(m): 8:35pm On May 30, 2017
Nice op
We fabricate processing machines for agricultural products.
You can check out our thread here https://www.nairaland.com/3748755/hi-there-contact-us-agricultural
Re: My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by sanod(m): 9:32pm On Jun 01, 2017
sorry for the delay, need to contribute to other thread as well, and like I noted; it is an experience. i write it small small.
so, back to the game.

Just like tanzanian proverb; A wise person will always find his way. Before this, I never for once been to that state, So I spoke with each of my ekiti friends, tried to understand the state from them, their attitude, which one is more closer to farmers. So my purpose and destination could be easily defined.
Then, I chose this friend, he made a call immediately to his town, Ikole Ekiti.
How many days would I use in this town? Thinking this aloud, first time, boredom? Haa!!! Rara ooo..I cant get bored their oo...so I took my fiance along with me. *winks* , not just because of boredom, but in this kind of thing, two or more people should be involved, other person can be judging the farmers from another angle.
We travelled down to ikole ekiti, as my friend was pressuring me to start meeting the farmers immediately, I said, Oga? Farabale jare...shey we no go eat ni...lets eat first jare...If I dont eat, I no fit listen to whatever you say, besides, we have more days with us to meet with them, so why the rush. Ikole is the first and the only place I have seen locust beans-pepper soup...lols...their pepper soup is not normal...it aint like ours. But I took it sha...at least, for the experience.
From their, lodging at Mc Vic Hotel, I think I have recommended this hotel to classictutor before...abi? They have good customer service. I believe is the best in Ikole. yap.
Dont mind my much talk oo, just as I said earlier, "my experience". winkz. I will say everything I experienced.
One woman was doing aproko in that hotel, I think she came to drink ni. Maybe she never saw partners of my age lodging before. she just kept staring at us when we sat at the bar side. Am so sure, if she had a cane, and could have her way, she go don flog us three comot for that hotel...that awon omo kekere yii, wetin dem dey find for here, lols, as that place was full of older people.

Before we could go to sleep, we made some calls to let them know we have landed, and we would come to meet them the next day.

What now happened the next day with the farmers?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by classicTutor(m): 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
sanod:
sorry for the delay, need to contribute to other thread as well, and like I noted; it is an experience. i write it small small.
so, back to the game.

Just like tanzanian proverb; A wise person will always find his way. Before this, I never for once been to that state, So I spoke with each of my ekiti friends, tried to understand the state from them, their attitude, which one is more closer to farmers. So my purpose and destination could be easily defined.
Then, I chose this friend, he made a call immediately to his town, Ikole Ekiti.
How many days would I use in this town? Thinking this aloud, first time, boredom? Haa!!! Rara ooo..I cant get bored their oo...so I took my fiance along with me. *winks* , not just because of boredom, but in this kind of thing, two or more people should be involved, other person can be judging the farmers from another angle.
We travelled down to ikole ekiti, as my friend was pressuring me to start meeting the farmers immediately, I said, Oga? Farabale jare...shey we no go eat ni...lets eat first jare...If I dont eat, I no fit listen to whatever you say, besides, we have more days with us to meet with them, so why the rush. Ikole is the first and the only place I have seen locust beans-pepper soup...lols...their pepper soup is not normal...it aint like ours. But I took it sha...at least, for the experience.
From their, lodging at Mc Vic Hotel, I think I have recommended this hotel to classictutor before...abi? They have good customer service. I believe is the best in Ikole. yap.
Dont mind my much talk oo, just as I said earlier, "my experience". winkz. I will say everything I experienced.
One woman was doing aproko in that hotel, I think she came to drink ni. Maybe she never saw partners of my age lodging before. she just kept staring at us when we sat at the bar side. Am so sure, if she had a cane, and could have her way, she go don flog us three comot for that hotel...that awon omo kekere yii, wetin dem dey find for here, lols, as that place was full of older people.

Before we could go to sleep, we made some calls to let them know we have landed, and we would come to meet them the next day.

What now happened the next day with the farmers?

Waaaoooo! I dof my hat bro! I have been busy these days!
Re: My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by Sparkles003(f): 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
Sanod please do you deal in kings groundnut oil.how much for 25liters and the small ones
Re: My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by Hallams(m): 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2017
Following
Re: My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by sanod(m): 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2017
Sparkles003:
Sanod please do you deal in kings groundnut oil.how much for 25liters and the small ones
nope. I dont. only the drum ones.

1 Like

Re: My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by Sparkles003(f): 4:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
[quote author=sanod post=59606949]
nope. I dont. only the drum ones.[/quote
Is it kings?how much for a drum
Re: My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by Ayus34(m): 5:34pm On Aug 19, 2017
sanod:

am so glad with this your input. and funny enough, we dont even need this complicated machines to be imported before we can have a good and functioning mill.

supported!
our local fabricator can do alot....if they see the right assistant rom the right individual, not necessary govt
Re: My Experience So Far On Investing In Agricultural Infrastructure. by sanod(m): 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2017
[quote author=Sparkles003 post=59631843][/quote] as at Thursday? 97k

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sunflower Seeds In Jos, Plateau State. Pictures Attached. / Plateau State: The Untaped Agricultural Wealth In This State. / De-feathering Machine That Can Defeather 120 Birds In 5min 07032415850

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.