Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim (832 Views)

EFCC Office On Fire, Commission’s Data Centre Worst Hit / Ikedi Ohakim On Bike As He Campaigns For 2019 (Photos) / 15 Igbo Billionaires To Fund Bianca Ojukwu’s Election Into Senate - Ohakim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by OkutaNla: 1:41pm On May 28, 2017
http://punchng.com/igbo-worst-hit-by-recession-ohakim/

28 MAY 2017

CHIDIEBUBE OKEOMA

Igbo people are the major victims of the economic recession, a former Governor of Imo State, Ikedi Ohakim, has said.

The former governor spoke on Saturday at the inaugural Chinua Achebe International Conference held at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

He lamented that the Igbo were largely marginalised in the country while calling for a change in the current political structure which concentrates power at the centre.

Ohakim spoke on the topic, “The Igbo and the leadership question: The Achebe example.”

He said, “The Federal Government created a national intervention project in 2006 under former President Olusegun Obasanjo to restore peace and promote a sense of belonging in the country. This gave rise to the N400bn East – West Road project, the N600bn Kano/ Maiduguri Road project,the N200bn Lokoja/Abaji/ Abuja Road project and the N150bn Ibadan /Ogbomosho /Oshogbo Road.

“But curiously, the South-East was left out. When we demanded an explanation, we were promised the second Niger Bridge but alas, this project is being pushed to a public-private partnership arrangement with a tolling scheme to recoup the cost of the project. Is this a fair deal for Ndigbo? We must continue to ask for our own share of the 2006 National Intervention Fund.”

Mynd44, Lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by tokodekehinde(m): 1:42pm On May 28, 2017
OkutaNla:
http://punchng.com/igbo-worst-hit-by-recession-ohakim/

Mynd44, Lalasticlala
For Real... Fact and Figures?
Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by OkutaNla: 1:44pm On May 28, 2017
tokodekehinde:

For Real... Fact and Figures?
Maybe Ikedi Ohakim himself can help you with that. I am just a messenger. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 28, 2017
OkutaNla:

Maybe Ikedi Ohakim himself can help you with that. I am just a messenger. undecided
The headline doesn't reflect the story

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by Evablizin(f): 1:53pm On May 28, 2017
U wil see wat wil happen when dis post gets 2 Front page
Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by HoodedCLAWs(m): 1:54pm On May 28, 2017
Ohakim na craze man
Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by OkutaNla: 1:58pm On May 28, 2017
Kathmandu:
The headline doesn't reflect the story

Well, the first paragraph quoted the former governor to have said:

Igbo people are the major victims of the economic recession, a former Governor of Imo State, Ikedi Ohakim, has said.

But maybe he should have explained better what he really meant? undecided

Again, I'm just a messenger. undecided lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 28, 2017
Ohakim should man up and call out this useless government that its stock in trade is marginalisation of SE
Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by Omofunaab2: 2:18pm On May 28, 2017
Everybody knows this already. ..The ones you see on nairaland are just living in denial

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by PREBuhari2019: 2:23pm On May 28, 2017
ok over to you. I mean those from N&W
Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by Movic1(m): 2:44pm On May 28, 2017
He lamented that the Igbo were largely marginalised in the country

Lol! I knew it,that's why I wrote it in one of my post few days ago, that these people surname is Marginalisation. During obj their chorus was marginalisation same goes to yaradua. Even during their adopted child Ebele reign,they still shouted Marginalisation not to talk of buhari whom they dislike so much.

Meanwhile here in( be have rar land) we don't know anything like recession we use Chicken as chewing stick and five alive as water. We are all billionaires - Ipods
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 28, 2017
This is actually very true

I was surprised to see that my igbo brothers on nairaland were insulting the Yorubas just to spite them

You should see the way people were forming keyboard warriors on nairaland, while our parents were dying of hunger

We Igbos like to suffer and smile at the same time

Our people commited suicide sporadically during the recession

Even Rochas couldn't pay pensioners but celebrated Christmas with 600 million naira

Dear Igbo brothers, let's not fool ourselves about being insulated from the recession, we're really suffering and smiling

May Chukwu Okike Abiama bless us all

Iseeeeeeeee

IPOB yoot

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by RobbStark(m): 2:50pm On May 28, 2017
Hw can any sane man frm the East speak of marginalization?

Ohakim, you looted your people dry and now you talk of marginalization.

It seems you are high on cheap alomo.
Btw, one liepod said you easterners can survive without oil and you are.saying recession hit your region more.

Now na morning.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by seunmsg(m): 2:50pm On May 28, 2017

“But curiously, the South-East was left out. When we demanded an explanation, we were promised the second Niger Bridge but alas, this project is being pushed to a public-private partnership arrangement with a tolling scheme to recoup the cost of the project. Is this a fair deal for Ndigbo? We must continue to ask for our own share of the 2006 National Intervention Fund.”

As Imo state governor, Ohakim never demanded for fair deal under Jonathan. Nobody raised this issue under the Jonathan administration but it is now convenient to raise it for political purpose.

The idea of a public-private partnership arrangement for the second Niger bridge was introduced by GEJ and all south east governors supported it except Rochas who refused to attend the ground breaking ceremony. But now, it's no longer a good arrangement because Buhari and not Jonathan is the president.

Beside, our ipob friends on Nairaland claimed there is no recession in the south east. So, who are the Igbo people that Ohakim is referring to? Are they from Uganda?

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by waledeji(m): 2:51pm On May 28, 2017
No it can't be, according to our iPod friends on Nairaland, every Ibo is a millionaire cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 28, 2017
waledeji:
No it can't be, according to our iPod friends on Nairaland, every Ibo is a millionaire cheesy cheesy cheesy
Don't mind my brothers

They like to suffer and smile

I'm also surprised by the fōols who claim to have developed Lagos

My brothers have forgotten that about 90% of their patronisers are Yoruba people

It's a good thing Yorùbás are not hateful pathetic beings like us, I cant imagine a situation whereby Yorùbás refuse to buy from us because we'll all die of hunger

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by FKO81(m): 3:05pm On May 28, 2017
Report from NPF

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by Movic1(m): 3:16pm On May 28, 2017
FKO81:
Report from NPF
Focus on the topic and stop blabbing around cheesy. Igbo Worst Hit By Recession that's the topic.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Worst Hit By Recession – Ohakim by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 28, 2017
Meanwhile
MY PEOPLE ABEG MAKE UNA CHECK THE FACE OF HYPOCRISY ON TOP THIS THREAD grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

FG Should Restructure Nigeria Before The Next Election — Afe Babalola / The True Story Of The “ghana Must Go”saga In 1983 / Niger State Governor Sani Bello Weeps At The Burial Of His Closest Aide (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.