Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? (4198 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: 'Like Jesus, I Am Tempted To Back Out Of Biafra Struggle' / Guests Struggle For Seat At Presidential Inauguration Dinner (video) / Southern Cameroun Joins IPOB In Biafra Struggle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 28, 2017
The way Yorubaas invade every Biafra threads, even within seconds of posting, you would think this struggle is meant for them. With the way things are, I may have to abandon this struggle for Yorubaas.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 28, 2017
I understand how it feels but please don't abandon it for us. We have so many problems ourselves that we have to face.Godspeed on the agitation my brother.

8 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by waledeji(m): 2:01pm On May 28, 2017
Because your people keep shouting Afonjas every now and then, you guys have radicalised us and it's going to be tit for tat henceforth

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 28, 2017
waledeji:
Because your people keep shouting Afonjas every now and then, you guys have radicalised us and it's going to be tit for tat henceforth

Listen to this man real2020, he has a point.

8 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 2:02pm On May 28, 2017
waledeji:
Spotted

17 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Guestlander: 2:04pm On May 28, 2017
Real2020:
The way Yorubaas invade every Biafra threads, even within seconds of posting, you would think this struggle is meant for them. With the way things are, I may have to abandon this struggle for Yorubaas.

You decided to make Yorubas the focus of your struggle from the start, why do you want them to go now?
They are are only trying to help you like good neighbors so you can get your Biafra.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Guestlander: 2:04pm On May 28, 2017
Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Flatties: 2:06pm On May 28, 2017
waledeji:
Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by GameGod(m): 2:16pm On May 28, 2017
Until you guys stop poking your nose into naija matter.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Justuceleague2: 2:18pm On May 28, 2017
You shout afonja in your comments all day

You mention Yoruba commenters

You still opened thread and accused Yorubas

What did you expect?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 28, 2017
You would think the struggle was meant for them with the way they're dragged into some of these threads too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by HisSexcellency(m): 2:21pm On May 28, 2017
grin grin grin grin

No comments

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 2:32pm On May 28, 2017
You should blame most children here who keep calling yoruba's out.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 28, 2017
OP, here you have your answer. Yorubas want to help the igbo get Biafra as we are now radicalized by constant projection and dissemination of hate by the igbos.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Pavore9: 2:35pm On May 28, 2017
It is a public forum, so na "everybody come inside"! cheesy
Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by AleeDee(m): 2:38pm On May 28, 2017
Op is jst tryin to drag yoruba ppl into biafra. Pls lets be 1 as seperation is nt d answer
Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 28, 2017
which ever way na way..

whether na dem promote am or na igbo's..

all na awareness..

think is cool.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by conductor111: 2:43pm On May 28, 2017
waledeji:
Lol. When ewedu moozlems started mocking the agitation by calling it Bia.fraud and other ridiculous things you were happy. Now the table have turned and they are seeking pity. cheesy

I'm happy seeing Afonjas on Nairaland everyday like cheesy

19 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by waledeji(m): 3:03pm On May 28, 2017
conductor111:

Lol. When ewedu moozlems started mocking the agitation by calling it Bia.fraud and other ridiculous things you were happy. Now the table have turned and they are seeking pity. cheesy

I'm happy seeing Afonjas on Nairaland everyday like cheesy
And happy seeing iPods crying about Afonja everyday here, it gives me joy when I see them crying about Afonja upandan here. That means Ipods fear Afonjas cheesy cheesy grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by NuclearWinter: 3:05pm On May 28, 2017
June 12

One man loses both his mandate and his life and he is not only celebrated by his people but a day of national remembrance is declared over the Yoruba SW WITH NO FEDERAL OPPOSITION.

May 30th.

Biafran day of declaration, which today has metamorphosed to a day of remembrance of 3 million dead civilians killed in a genocidal war is considered haram.

How hypocritical and foolish is the afonja?

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by NuclearWinter: 3:06pm On May 28, 2017
waledeji:

[s]And happy seeing iPods crying about Afonja everyday hwre[/s]

You are scared shittless about this IPOB nightmare.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nature8(m): 3:09pm On May 28, 2017
Real2020:

Hahahahahaha grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nwakaumu(m): 3:09pm On May 28, 2017
Their occupation with Biafra issue reveals how insecure they are in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by DocHMD: 3:26pm On May 28, 2017
waledeji:

Who were those shouting 'ultimatum givers', 'isreali flag carriers' while mocking arrested and killed MASSOB and BZM members before the rise of IPOB?

Do you think we have poor memories like fluid-filled ewedu brains?

Please don't play the victim card, you drew first blood on this forum You helped to mould lots of IPOB anti-bayerabes and they have vowed they will continue to pummel ewedu coneskulls whenever they rear their ugly heads in Biafra issues.

You made your bed, you'll lie on it. Bring it on.

8 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by conductor111: 3:33pm On May 28, 2017
waledeji:

And happy seeing iPods crying about Afonja everyday here, it gives me joy when I see them crying about Afonja upandan here. That means Ipods fear Afonjas cheesy cheesy grin
You, this sky descendant. The fulani herds men are still flogging your traditional ruler in prison after overriding Ife IDP (and installing an Emir in the near future) and what's bothering you is how to be discussing about "Bia.fraud" with a "jobless IPOD tout" like me. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 28, 2017
GameGod:
Until you guys stop poking your nose into naija matter.
Chai!! Wetin one go talk again now
Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by loomer: 3:38pm On May 28, 2017
Useless sets of people (youths). Una no go put heads together find solution on how una go collect the country back from the old idiots called politicians wey hold una future ransom.

Una dey insult una self iPod and afonja.
Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by NuclearWinter: 3:43pm On May 28, 2017
All Is Not Fair In War: A Response To Awo Apologists STILL DEFENDING THE WAR CRIMINAL

The reoccurring excuse the Yorubas have been using to defend the genocide on the Igbo nation during the harrowing years of 1966 to 1970 is anchored on the rhetoric adopted by Awolowo to defend his "Hunger Policy" which led to over 3 million dead non-combatants on the Biafran side.

Awolowo will further state that "in war you don't feed your enemies". For clarification, Biafra did not declare war on Nigeria and Nigerians rather it was the reverse. It was the Federal Govt of Nigeria that saw Biafran secession from the British colonial contraption as an act of war. The coup of Jan 15, which has been erroneously tagged as an Igbo Coup was more than enough reason for Nijeriyans to wage their pent up anger and jealousy on Biafrans living within their midst thus the pogroms that raged across northern Nigerian.

Not satisfied with the blood lust, the Nigerian govt will declare war on the newly declared state of Biafra (fleeing the pogroms) to continue the genocidal agenda under the fog of war.

It is important to note that the human cost of the brutal 3 yr un-civil war to reunite Biafra with Nigeria came with a hefty human cost which is yet to be surpassed since even for African conflict standards. The wars in Liberia, Sierra Leone and the genocide in both Rwanda and Burundi plus the conflicts in the Congo combined have yet to meet up with the body bag count of the Nigerian civil war - a whooping 3 million dead!

Coming back to Awolowo's war rhetoric we see it being panned out today by the same Yorubas who use it as justification as both an avenging response to the coup of Jan 15 and as a quick step towards ending the war. In retrospect, Awo's hunger policy equates to Truman dropping the H-Bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

All is not fair in war

The Geneva convention - a guideline on how regular conventional warfare should be conducted had already been in existence since after the great second World War. Obasanjo recently in Abuja, attested to the fact that as a commanding officer of Federal forces he carried in his breast pocket a copy of the Geneva convention. The origins of the Geneva convention were necessitated after the harrowing sufferings and killings that civilians were subjected to at the hands of the Axis forces of Germany and Japan as they swept across Europe and Asia (respectively).

The Nuremberg Trials and that held to convict Japanese war criminals was a response by the allied forces to make a declaration that "All is not fair in war".

It was Winston Churchill that first gave us the word Genocide. A word that masked the unspeakable crime committed by the Nazis.

It was from the barbarity and conviction of the Nazi war criminals that the Geneva convention was born and adopted by the then league of Nations which Nigeria was signatory to as at the time of the civil war.

For Awolowo and his descendants and apologists to still hold on to his war time ideology that "all is fair in war" then it is either they are mistakenly ignorant of the Geneva convention and the Nuremberg Trials or that they are sinisterly evil.

Today, we see the same yorubas threatening another round of genocide on the Biafran people over a Biafran secession.

Why wouldn't they? After all war criminals like Awolowo, Obasanjo, Murtala and Buhari are celebrated today in Nigeria as heroes.

Talk about relative morality and the Yoruba hypocrisy.

What I do know is that Karma is never ever too late to have her pound of flesh.
https://www.nairaland.com/3826174/all-not-fair-war-response#up

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by NuclearWinter: 3:45pm On May 28, 2017
loomer:
Useless sets of people (youths). Una no go put heads together find solution on how una go collect the country back from the old idiots called politicians wey hold una future ransom.

Una dey insult una self iPod and afonja.

The Afonja vs IPOB war is between the street thugs and the enlightened youth

Your average afonja is a zombie and a slave to the system. Your average IPOB member wants to correct that anomaly by existing this prison plantation.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by slivertongue: 4:07pm On May 28, 2017
Biafra is the business of all Nigerians whether we like it or not
the agitation has implications for the governnce structure of what will be left of Nigeria
the north would become more dominant for those left behind
And for those like me who want a bigger but restructured Nigeria, the departure of the Igbos will trigger a rebellion that will lead to the departure of the south south and later south west thus the collapse of the contraption called Nigeria
despite the agitation being that of igbos there is need for all and sundry to say there mind

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by NuclearWinter: 4:12pm On May 28, 2017
slivertongue:
Biafra is the business of all Nigerians whether we like it or not
the agitation has implications for the governnce structure of what will be left of Nigeria
the north would become more dominant for those left behind
And for those like me who want a bigger but restructured Nigeria, the departure of the Igbos will trigger a rebellion that will lead to the departure of the south south and later south west thus the collapse of the contraption called Nigeria
despite the agitation being that of igbos there is need for all and sundry to say there mind

All man to his tent.

The Igbos will not be your scape goats anymore in your one Nijeriya neither will the South-south feed you any more.

You can find solace with the coward yorubas.

At the end of the day, I know you are from the pagan provinces of the Middle Belt.

If you can not defend yourselves from the ravaging Islamists will the Igbo come to your rescue?

This is what Domkat Bali said in an interview long after the civil war to justify his people fighting to keep Nijeriya one.

Well, you can enjoy your one Fulani Government. We are out and OVER!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Origamist: 4:14pm On May 28, 2017
DocHMD:

Who were those shouting 'ultimatum givers', 'isreali flag carriers' while mocking arrested and killed MASSOB and BZM members before the rise of IPOB?
Do you think we have poor memories like fluid-filled ewedu brains?
Please don't play the victim card, you drew first blood on this forum You helped to mould lots of IPOB anti-bayerabes and they have vowed they will continue to pummel ewedu coneskulls whenever they rear their ugly heads in Biafra issues.
You made your bed, you'll lie on it. Bring it on.
don't be an hypocrite grin.
The mutual distrust between yorubas & igbos online and offline did not start with yorubas making jest of BZM or Massob members.
Stop it already.I hope you know an average yoruba man in Ekiti or oshogbo will give a puzzled look if you mention all these acronyms before him?And going by the import of your post all these people made jest of bzm and massob as well,right?
Stop looking for a cop out where there's none.before massob and bzm started making the news,who are the people who go about chanting yorubas are cowards?eh?
Mind u,am not trying to absolve the yorubas of blame.both parties are guilty of tribalism.
So please spare us this bullsh1t about yorubas drawing the first blood.tribalism has and will always remain a part of a country with diverse ethnic groups like Nigeria,the anonymity of the internet only amplifies it.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Non-Clarity On Tax, Unfriendly Administrators Killing SMEs / They Said Kanu Went About It Wrong Way, But Abandoned Igboho Who Went Right Way / You Will Suffer’ —Wike Blasts Southern Govs For Betraying Him For Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.