Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

How To Protect Our Children From Pedophiles - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Protect Our Children From Pedophiles (968 Views)

My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me / Francisco Tchikuteny Sabalo Dead: Angolan Man Who Had 281 Children From 47 Wives / Twin Sisters Dedicate Children From One Husband In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Protect Our Children From Pedophiles by liohan: 3:28pm On May 28, 2017
When Sani Yerima, a former governor of Zamfara state in Nigeria suggested Nigeria adopt thirteen years as the legal age for marriage, we all know that we are in for trouble. Earlier in 2003, Yerima had married an underage Egyptian, which ignite a lot of outrage. Yerima is not alone in this atrocity; there are millions of men and women, who are in the business of sexually exploiting underage children.
The former deputy Children’s commissioner in the UK, Sue Berelowitz remarked in 2015 that the number of offenders who abuse children sexually is on the high side such that if they are to be jailed would overcrowd UK prison with others yet to get a room in prison. For regions like Africa, which have unreliable statistics, an estimate would be hard to draw.
Now in the wake of these pedophiles prowling around looking for children, what can you do to ensure that your child is safe from these vampires?

Encourage your child to speak up

Few become known due to the child suffering a health challenge that is later linked to sexual activity.
Instead of waiting for an opportunity to tell your child about pedos, make sure to tell them now. Tell them to shout whenever that uncle tell them to pull of their pant, or the aunty who wants them to lick her private part deserves a yell.
Tell them to shout out no matter who it is. Most paedophilia cases are done by a close person.
Tell them the uses of the sexual organs. Do not beat around the bush, say it in a way that they would understand and do it with patience and confidence. When you allow others to teach your children about sex, you, the parent would suffer the consequences.

Avoid Bribing them

When you sense an uncomfortable association between your child and an older person, the worst thing to do is to promise your child something in return for telling you what’s going on. Maybe it’s biscuit that you promise the child or anything children like. It might seems efficient only when nothing is going on but if that’s not the case, it might interest you to know that the predator is giving that child more cookie in a day than you’d ever promise the child in a week.
Try to talk to the child in a way that he/she would understand, don’t be harsh but make sure that you aren’t bribing the child.

Shield no one

As the world’s madness increases, there is also a rise of ‘pedo-incest’. This happens when a relative starts to abuse the child sexually instead of protecting him. Many of such cases happens with the stepparent of the child. Some rare cases involves a closer relative.
When you notice something fishy about your child and a relative, on your own, take the child to a health facility and do all necessary test. If your fear is unfounded, fine. But, if it is justified, ask your child to tell you the truth. Then, you confront the person, tell him/her that you’re reporting the issue to a security agency and off you go.
If anyone want to intimidate you after you report, cry out. If you want to be daring like my friend James Shamsi, who ran a Facebook ad to expose someone who scammed him, you can also run a Facebook ad and for less than $10 you can get justice.

Avoid Lecherous jokes

A while ago, I visited a coastal village in the Niger-Delta region of Nigeria. While there at a house that doubles as a beer parlour, I noticed a girl of about 13. She was speaking with an elderly woman at the far western section of the house. One man who was playing draught asked the woman whether the girl was a child of a woman. She answered in the affirmative. Then, the man made a remark of how children do grow fast in this age.
In what was surprising to me, the woman grabbed the breast of the girl and said, “Can’t you see how big her breast is now?”, and the men all laughed.
Jokes like these might seem harmless but it does carry weight with a lot of Implication like the “Why did the woman cross the road” joke. In 2013, Thomae and co carried out a study that was published in the Journal of Social, Evolutionary and Cultural Psychology. In the study, it was shown that men who are exposed to sexist jokes seem to condone sexual abuse.

Avoid sexualizing your children

With every passing day, the world is becoming more liberal about what we wear. Clothes that are once regarded as too revealing are now going out of vogue as too conservative. It is not uncommon to see guys wearing clothes that show their penile map. For ladies, most can’t feel comfortable in clothes that don’t show their cleavage.
Nevertheless, as it would be, most designers are now making similar designs for children, clothes that reveal their shapes and their sexual organs.
This is not a defense for pedophiles, because pedophiles have been shown to suffer from mental disorders as reported by Biology Letters that a pedophile brain is wired to see immature children attractive. Sexualizing them would complicate things. Thus, it’s like saying that you’re leaving your house lock open in a thief-laden area. While, you’d disparage the thief, there’s no point standing in harm’s way.
Wear your children clothes that fit but not one that looks like a painting on their body. They can decide to wear revealing clothes when they reach an age where they are legally responsible for their action.
You wouldn’t be with your child at all time, ensure that you take basic steps to protect them as your first responsivility as a parent is to keep your child safe.

Honest Abisi Liohan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Protect Our Children From Pedophiles by chukxie(m): 4:16am On May 29, 2017
Thanks for sharing this very educative piece.
Re: How To Protect Our Children From Pedophiles by liohan: 6:31am On May 29, 2017
chukxie:
Thanks for sharing this very educative piece.
Oh! Thanks. You can share it.
Re: How To Protect Our Children From Pedophiles by StevensJojo(f): 11:28am On May 29, 2017
liohan:
When Sani Yerima, a former governor of Zamfara state in Nigeria suggested Nigeria adopt thirteen years as the legal age for marriage, we all know that we are in for trouble. Earlier in 2003, Yerima had married an underage Egyptian, which ignite a lot of outrage. Yerima is not alone in this atrocity; there are millions of men and women, who are in the business of sexually exploiting underage children.
The former deputy Children’s commissioner in the UK, Sue Berelowitz remarked in 2015 that the number of offenders who abuse children sexually is on the high side such that if they are to be jailed would overcrowd UK prison with others yet to get a room in prison. For regions like Africa, which have unreliable statistics, an estimate would be hard to draw.
Now in the wake of these pedophiles prowling around looking for children, what can you do to ensure that your child is safe from these vampires?

Encourage your child to speak up

Few become known due to the child suffering a health challenge that is later linked to sexual activity.
Instead of waiting for an opportunity to tell your child about pedos, make sure to tell them now. Tell them to shout whenever that uncle tell them to pull of their pant, or the aunty who wants them to lick her private part deserves a yell.
Tell them to shout out no matter who it is. Most paedophilia cases are done by a close person.
Tell them the uses of the sexual organs. Do not beat around the bush, say it in a way that they would understand and do it with patience and confidence. When you allow others to teach your children about sex, you, the parent would suffer the consequences.

Avoid Bribing them

When you sense an uncomfortable association between your child and an older person, the worst thing to do is to promise your child something in return for telling you what’s going on. Maybe it’s biscuit that you promise the child or anything children like. It might seems efficient only when nothing is going on but if that’s not the case, it might interest you to know that the predator is giving that child more cookie in a day than you’d ever promise the child in a week.
Try to talk to the child in a way that he/she would understand, don’t be harsh but make sure that you aren’t bribing the child.

Shield no one

As the world’s madness increases, there is also a rise of ‘pedo-incest’. This happens when a relative starts to abuse the child sexually instead of protecting him. Many of such cases happens with the stepparent of the child. Some rare cases involves a closer relative.
When you notice something fishy about your child and a relative, on your own, take the child to a health facility and do all necessary test. If your fear is unfounded, fine. But, if it is justified, ask your child to tell you the truth. Then, you confront the person, tell him/her that you’re reporting the issue to a security agency and off you go.
If anyone want to intimidate you after you report, cry out. If you want to be daring like my friend James Shamsi, who ran a Facebook ad to expose someone who scammed him, you can also run a Facebook ad and for less than $10 you can get justice.

Avoid Lecherous jokes

A while ago, I visited a coastal village in the Niger-Delta region of Nigeria. While there at a house that doubles as a beer parlour, I noticed a girl of about 13. She was speaking with an elderly woman at the far western section of the house. One man who was playing draught asked the woman whether the girl was a child of a woman. She answered in the affirmative. Then, the man made a remark of how children do grow fast in this age.
In what was surprising to me, the woman grabbed the breast of the girl and said, “Can’t you see how big her breast is now?”, and the men all laughed.
Jokes like these might seem harmless but it does carry weight with a lot of Implication like the “Why did the woman cross the road” joke. In 2013, Thomae and co carried out a study that was published in the Journal of Social, Evolutionary and Cultural Psychology. In the study, it was shown that men who are exposed to sexist jokes seem to condone sexual abuse.

Avoid sexualizing your children

With every passing day, the world is becoming more liberal about what we wear. Clothes that are once regarded as too revealing are now going out of vogue as too conservative. It is not uncommon to see guys wearing clothes that show their penile map. For ladies, most can’t feel comfortable in clothes that don’t show their cleavage.
Nevertheless, as it would be, most designers are now making similar designs for children, clothes that reveal their shapes and their sexual organs.
This is not a defense for pedophiles, because pedophiles have been shown to suffer from mental disorders as reported by Biology Letters that a pedophile brain is wired to see immature children attractive. Sexualizing them would complicate things. Thus, it’s like saying that you’re leaving your house lock open in a thief-laden area. While, you’d disparage the thief, there’s no point standing in harm’s way.
Wear your children clothes that fit but not one that looks like a painting on their body. They can decide to wear revealing clothes when they reach an age where they are legally responsible for their action.
You wouldn’t be with your child at all time, ensure that you take basic steps to protect them as your first responsivility as a parent is to keep your child safe.

Honest Abisi Liohan
Thanks for this.This phenomenon is more common than we care to talk about.
A lot of women keep quiet and even shield the abusers because of "shame!
Re: How To Protect Our Children From Pedophiles by liohan: 12:32pm On May 29, 2017
StevensJojo:
Thanks for this.This phenomenon is more common than we care to talk about. A lot of women keep quiet and even shield the abusers because of "shame!
You are right.
Re: How To Protect Our Children From Pedophiles by liohan: 12:32pm On May 29, 2017
StevensJojo:
Thanks for this.This phenomenon is more common than we care to talk about. A lot of women keep quiet and even shield the abusers because of "shame!
You are right.
Re: How To Protect Our Children From Pedophiles by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 29, 2017
How about registering them for taekwando classes as soon as they clock 2years

I was opportuned to witness a little girl flinging and pinning down her friend who was pulling her skirt

She was like stop pulling my skirt, I will tell my daddy for you and before I could blink my eyes I just saw her using the little wimp to mop the floor grin
Re: How To Protect Our Children From Pedophiles by liohan: 7:00pm On May 29, 2017
Baddchristy:
How about registering them for taekwando classes as so as they clock 2years

I was opportuned to witness a little girl flinging and pinning down her friend who was pulling her skirt

She was like stop pulling my skirt, I will tell my daddy for you and before I could blink my eyes I just saw her using the little wimp to mop the floor grin
This comment did break me, I'm weak. But, you know pedophilia is carried out by adult, so a child strength would be limited.
Re: How To Protect Our Children From Pedophiles by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 29, 2017
liohan:

This comment did break me, I'm weak. But, you know pedophilia is carried out by adult, so a child strength would be limited.
Yeah I know
But I was talking about sexual abuse generally

Kids that have been sexually abused or have seen grownups having sex try to practice it with their friends or classmates
Re: How To Protect Our Children From Pedophiles by Cuddlebugie(f): 8:58pm On May 29, 2017
Baddchristy:

Yeah I know
But I was talking about sexual abuse generally

Kids that have been sexually abused or have seen grownups having sex try to practice it with their friends or classmates
Exactly.... The 'paedophiles in waiting'.
The sad thing is, some parents shy away from discussing with their children that other children/teens could be sexually abusive/intrusive towards them, rather, they go on and on about how it is important to protect themselves from paedophiles. These paedophiles (most of them) started off as juvenile sex offenders.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

5 Foods Nursing Mothers Should Avoid / Some Women Are Evil:Ghanaian Woman in London Fakes Assault(Video) / Lovely Gift Items For Him This Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.