Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,038 members, 7,828,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Thoughts: The Truth About The Seventh Day "Sunday" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thoughts: The Truth About The Seventh Day "Sunday" (269 Views)

Pastor Jean Pierre-Maywa Beaten By Seventh Day Adventist Church Members In Kenya / Thunder Lightning Strikes At Rwanda Seventh-Day Adventist Church Kills 16 / First Day(sunday) Worship Is Ungodly (a Secret About Sabbath, Part 2). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thoughts: The Truth About The Seventh Day "Sunday" by orjisblog(m): 6:04pm On May 28, 2017
I know many of us have actually forgotten the truth about Sunday, when God was creating the world we all know that he rested on the seventh day which was Sunday and that day is meant to be a day of rest to all while Saturday was meant to be the day of worship so now i wonder how did the tides change, how did the day of rest turn into the day of worship and the day of worship turn into the day for ceremonies? This is one of the most disturbing question going on in my mind.
Many History books have depicted ambiguous explanations about Sunday being the holy day, some says that for 2000 years Christains have always worshiped on Sundays while others believe we have changed the way things are....so now which is right? well here's my own analysis using the Nigerian society as a case study.

Well the average Nigerian Man is known to work from Monday till Friday leaving him worn out so when its TGIS "Thank GOD Its Saturday" He tends to hit a brake and take time off to blow off steam or go out to any happening occasion because as we all know Saturday is currently a day for weddings and other parties which the Yoruba tribe call "owambe".Now after the Nigerian man has rested or partied on Saturday, he goes on his Sundays best and drives off to church asking God for a fruitful week ahead, but it shouldn't be so i believe it ought to be in reverse, Making Friday the day of occasions and Saturday the day for religion while making Sunday the day for rest but right now society has re-engineered the Christain religion leaving us as slaves for 5 days and re-structuring the Sabbath day which we were asked to keep holy but what makes society? Is it the government? The people? Or mother Nature? who knows but it seems we all have accepted it and have forgotten the REAL TRUTH ABOUT SUNDAY.

Happy Sunday to all leave your comments below about your own contribution......
http://www.orjisblog.com/2017/05/thoughts-truth-about-seventh-day-sunday.html

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! / Incredible / Striking Of The Blood.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.