Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,447 members, 7,958,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:39 PM

Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng (8475 Views)

See Important Of Using Email As Internet Marketer Or Blogger / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Using Free Blogging Platform / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Using An Online Payment Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by Manson1(m): 7:35am On May 29, 2017
tell seun to add .ng to nairaland first
Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by Exclusiveng: 7:38am On May 29, 2017
i own a .ng domain which as a student, struggled to buy. no that people are ashamed of using .ng extension, but people get discouraged cos of its price, its one of the most expensive domains in the world... and its recession period
Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by tiwiex(m): 7:39am On May 29, 2017
Mctimothylota:
Nigerians are not trustworthy, i 'll rather do my business with .COM than .NG.. grin

Quite sad. I needed to register for a client last week. He warned me not to try the . Ng move at all. I didn't but I wish I did. Will reconsider it.
Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by LajaLaba: 7:42am On May 29, 2017
Ihateafonja:

Our cone head brothers have damaged our reputation, even their First class king is a Gee boy grin grin
grin walahi u must be a jew chai!
Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by exlinkleads(f): 7:49am On May 29, 2017
angels09:

When the eastern blodas have ruined the reputation of the country?

anu mpama like u, how can dey damage the reputation of a zoo?

zoo get reputation?

and if they did damage ur reputation, and they r nonentities like u call them, why not let them go? it seems u r fooling urself.
Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by sircrabo: 7:56am On May 29, 2017
All federal ministries, parastatals, media houses be forced to switch to .ng. A situation where some FG parastatals still use .com, how will Nigerians trust their own domain ?

Also, if you are looking at building a Site to reach global audience then .com is best.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by AZeD1(m): 8:07am On May 29, 2017
What's the correlation between speed and the domain?

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by Banksdominion(m): 8:18am On May 29, 2017
.ng is too expensive.
Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by tuscani: 8:19am On May 29, 2017
MrJaydpro:

He should be writing articles on ".ng"??
you ar e as dull as the dullard for failing to understand what I mean

Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by baddosky1: 8:25am On May 29, 2017
.ng domains have more cons than pros.

First, it is very expensive...second, it does not even rank well in SEO. i will rather stick to .com
Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by iykepromotions: 8:35am On May 29, 2017
Bigajeff:
Too expensive! one .ng amount can buy 3 .com
moreover .com sells in terms of domain flipping faster than .ng
Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by Nobody: 8:37am On May 29, 2017
.ng has nothing to do with SEO at the moment OK. I use www.efabricators.ng to direct my users to www.eyesightfabricator.com the first is easy to memorizes the price is not for kids grin
Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by colossus91(m): 9:55am On May 29, 2017
angels09:
When the eastern blodas have ruined the reputation of the country?
so u finally escaped from yabaleft??
Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by ajl: 10:19am On May 29, 2017
Op said .ng is affordable compared to foreign domain (i.e .com and others). I paid $9 (400 × 9$ = N3600) for my .com but when I tried to order a .ng version of the domain I was ordered to pay N13,000 (N13000 ÷ 400 = $32.5). That's more than 3 times of what I pay for a .com domain. Truth is .ng is overpriced.
Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by Nobody: 11:39am On May 29, 2017
Nice one, but pls take close look at amount dis .ng is been sold
Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by sellyjeffery: 3:01pm On May 29, 2017
Get 20 ebooks for just #1,000 naira only from us on lifestyle,money and many more..
click the link below for book and payment details:

http://chopnaira..com.ng/p/availab.html

You can also get free books for #0.00 naira at http://chopnaira..com.ng/p/free-ebooks.htm
Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 30, 2017
Its a brilliant idea anyway. But the last time i checked .ng domains are not really pocket friendly compared to .com and other foreign domains, you know people wants something easier for them so it'll be quite discouraging for em. To better implement this strategy first thing first the body responsible for .ng domain management should first work on the price and then if possible add more benefits to it, i believe it will go a long way.

My opinion tho
Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by lilcod3d: 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2017
baddosky1:
.ng domains have more cons than pros.

First, it is very expensive...second, it does not even rank well in SEO. i will rather stick to .com

actually depends on what your niche is based on. if its on local business here or any brand of such here, it would do well on search engines compared to .Com's.
Re: Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng by Evybby(f): 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2018
[quote author=ajl post=56982608]Op said .ng is affordable compared to foreign domain (i.e .com and others). I paid $9 (400 × 9$ = N3600) for my .com but when I tried to order a .ng version of the domain I was ordered to pay N13,000 (N13000 ÷ 400 = $32.5). That's more than 3 times of what I pay for a .com domain. Truth is .ng is overpriced.[/quote

biko which host did You buy from?

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Marketing Strategies That Will Increase Traffic To Your Website / 10 Things To Know Before You Buy A Domain Name / Most Embarrassing Moment In Front Of A Potential Client!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.