Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Security Operatives Shooting At Students...a Student Writes. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Security Operatives Shooting At Students...a Student Writes. (523 Views)

Policeman Shooting At A Cow Shot Man Dead On Christmas Day (Disturbing Photos) / SARS Operatives Shooting Sporadically Inside A Church In Rivers State (Photos) / 'Black Arrow' Arrested With Loaded Pistol After Shooting At PDP Event. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Operatives Shooting At Students...a Student Writes. by Teejayfamo: 12:57am On May 29, 2017
SECURITY OPERATIVES SHOOTING AT STUDENTS

“Who, then, shall come to save the defenseless? Will slayers of men continue to have a go at it?”

Nigeria lost her first student martyr on the 1st of February, 1971. A student of the premier university, Kunle Adepeju, was shot dead by men of the Nigerian Police Force invited to quell a protest for better welfare for students in the University of Ibadan. This story has repeated itself in different forms since then. Recent cases include the alleged killing of a FUTA student by men of the Nigerian Police Force sent to control a student protest in Igbara odo in April, 2017.

Shooting at students during protests continues till date as University of Calabar students seem to be the latest recipients of this harsh treatment by the same men that were supposed to be employed to protect their lives for protesting against alleged collection of some funds that belongs to them by a sitting commissioner. This isn’t unlike the shooting of a FUNAAB student by an officer during protests for tighter security around their hostels off campus in April, 2016. In fact, a peaceful protest, today, is an opportunity for a trigger-happy man to show the skills he has honed. Inquiries into these cases seem to yield no positive outcome as the same end can be guessed for unborn protest, peaceful or not. This makes hope for a brighter tomorrow dimmer as flowers to bloom tomorrow continue to be maimed one after the other.

It is in view of their undying zeal to shoot at defenseless students that I request that members of the lower and upper chambers of the National Assembly raise this pertinent issue in their gatherings to forestall future occurrences of loss of lives to this mayhem under the umbrella of riot/protest control. I believe safer methods for quelling protests should be adopted. I beg that trained antiriot officers be equipped with rubber bullets and not live rounds if they have to fire at unprotected students (civilians).

However, if my humble request seems absurd, then I must request again that rocket launchers be brought to such protests by security operatives as they will increase chances of hurting more students.

CV RAMAN.

Do lend a hand to repost, we can't tell who'll see this and decide in the favour of a change.

Re: Security Operatives Shooting At Students...a Student Writes. by bobolizim(m): 7:29am On May 31, 2017
Cc:lalasticlala ; mynd44 ,Seun
I beg help your boy
Re: Security Operatives Shooting At Students...a Student Writes. by auntysimbiat(f): 7:41am On May 31, 2017
Hmmmm.... Its sad..
Re: Security Operatives Shooting At Students...a Student Writes. by crazyABO(m): 7:57am On May 31, 2017
Things like this won't get to fp quickooo or myt nt even get to but if it boobs n our yeyebrities now no comment self e don reach fp angry
Re: Security Operatives Shooting At Students...a Student Writes. by Teejayfamo: 8:03am On May 31, 2017
Still hoping this issue gets the right attention. sad It is sad that human right violation increased a lot recently under the administration many hoped would save them.
Re: Security Operatives Shooting At Students...a Student Writes. by icedfire(m): 11:15am On May 31, 2017
Mynd44 no go see this one oo
Re: Security Operatives Shooting At Students...a Student Writes. by meracool(m): 10:44am On Jun 01, 2017
CC
Seun
Mynd44
Lalastica

(1) (Reply)

Notorious Kidnapper's Family, When Spending Money VS When Trouble Came!!! / Breaking News: Multiple Bomb Attacks In Borno Village Kills More Than 17 / Shameless Couple Caught Publicly Having S*x In Broad Daylight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.