Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination (7461 Views)

16-Year-Old Zambian Student Breastfeed Her Baby During Examination In School / 10 Crazy Things We Do During Examination Period / 6 Common Mistakes Students Make During Examination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by Classicinfospot(m): 9:19am On May 29, 2017
Based on my review, I discovered that fear prevails in the mind of everyone during examination. Yes, everyone!, the intensity only vary with people. You cannot completely eliminate fear during examination unless you want to fail because being over-courageous is a step to failure. That is why I have decided to use the phrase "minimize fear" rather than "eliminate fear". 

You might want to ask me "Why is it necessary to minimize fear?". I will say it is important because:-

It enhances better performance It reduces rate of mistakes during examination It helps to build maximum brain focus on examination and enhance efficient thinking

So,if you are ready to minimize fear in your upcoming examination, then this is the right article for you to read. 

BE DETERMINED 

By making a decision that you will not fail, you will surely pass is the first step to limit your fear. Choose what you want(success), this will make you try to do all you can to prepare for an examination. It will help you when you are tired of trying. This mindset is the key to minimizing fear. 

PREPARE ENOUGH

The key to overcome fear is "RIGHT PREPARATION". You cannot limit your fear when you enter the examination hall empty-brained. Read enough, cover the syllabus, do more researches, check the previous examinations to know the pattern, solve past questions and do all you can until you are satisfied. You will discover that courage will start to build up inside you even before examination. By preparing enough, you will not fear the upcoming examination anymore and your hope of blasting it will increase. By doing this, I can assure you are "one foot into minimizing your fear during examination". 

PRAY

It is an understatement to say that prayer is another key to overcome fear. Pray to God for wisdom, knowledge and understanding, believe in him, endeavour to have faith and hope for the best. Do not forget that heaven help those who help themselves. Therefore, do not pray without reading and do not read without praying. Pray, read and the fear factor will minimized. If you work hard, pray and you still afraid, it is either:

A. You did not have believe OR
B. It is the minimal fear that is present in everyone. This is the fear that comes when the thought "What if I fail" comes to your mid. Don't worry, it is a normal fear  which cannot be eliminated permanently but can be eliminated temporarily when you take note of the next point to be mentioned below. 

UNDERSTAND YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE

No man is born to be successful neither is one born to fail,we are all what we make ourselves". If you have prepared extensively for an examination, there is no reason for you to fear. This is what you should remember whenever the fear factor comes along. However, don't try to have this feeling if you are not prepared for an examination. 

MAKE YOUR SELF AWARE THAT YOU ARE PREPARED

How do you feel when people ask you questions and you are able to answer all? You feel good right? That is the feeling necessary to minimize fear. After preparing enough, you still doubt yourself if you are truly prepared or not. Try to find an answer to this question. A good way to do this is to tell your friends to ask you questions. If you are able to give right answer to the questions, then you are truly prepared. If you cannot, try to go back and fix things up. Do this until you get a positive result. This will make you feel prepared. 

NEGLECT NEGATIVE STATEMENTS IN THE AIR

One major action that can increase fear is to believe the negative things people say. People will tell you, "The examination is very hard", "People have failed and people will still fail". Don't listen to this courage-killer statements. They are fallacies!. When people tell you this, just remember that "Even though people failed it, some passed it",so you will pass it because you are not a failure. 

Source:- http://www.classicinfospot..com.ng/2017/05/6-essential-steps-to-minimize-fear.html

Written by: Soneye Saheed, CEO of http://classicinfospot..com

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by Classicinfospot(m): 2:17pm On May 29, 2017
CC:Lalasticlala CC:Ishilove CC:Mynd24 CC:Seun
Help me move it to FP please.
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by theodara001(f): 4:37pm On May 29, 2017
Okay!
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by Magjoel(m): 7:00pm On May 29, 2017
This is very motivating, thanks for sharing it here
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by Classicinfospot(m): 9:29pm On May 29, 2017
You are welcome
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by Classicinfospot(m): 8:25am On Jun 03, 2017
I think this should be moved to FP
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by Classicinfospot(m): 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2017
Are you down and you need some words to boost your morale? Then, these 25 Powerful Quotes are what you need.
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by Joy83(m): 7:17am On Dec 24, 2017
Never rely on others -Depend on what you have done legitimately to yourself only and not help you may get from others or expo materials.

1 Like

Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by Immanueladebol(m): 7:24am On Dec 24, 2017
Noted

Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:34am On Dec 24, 2017
Simple. Eat banana. Or place a cube of sugar on your tongue.
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by fiyin47(m): 7:40am On Dec 24, 2017
undecided bullshit
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by quenton02: 7:43am On Dec 24, 2017
Nice write up OP.
Adopting the win or learn mentality, the four confidences by ed latimore is a good read.
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by Emeritus001(m): 7:43am On Dec 24, 2017
I addition get your fact right and follow ur heart especially at d examination center...Do not be mislead by the too know guys because on the examination day they will come up with different formulas, idea and facts....I could remember when I was in Year 2, on Eco 201 examination day, people started bringing different formulas and terminologies like Lagrange's multiplier, Epitomea function etc and fear grips everywhere but I was calm....When they distributed d question papers noting like this formulas and terminologies and a lot of students failed including those guys dt brought the terminologies but to the glory of God I had an "A"

3 Likes

Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by stanliwise(m): 7:51am On Dec 24, 2017
Emeritus001:
I addition get your fact right and follow ur heart especially at d examination center...Do not be mislead by the too know guys because on the examination day they will come up with different formulas, idea and facts....I could remember when I was in Year 2, on Eco 201 examination day, people started bringing different formulas and terminologies like Lagrange's multiplier, Epitomea function etc and fear grips everywhere but I was calm....When they distributed d question papers noting like this formulas and terminologies and a lot of students failed including those guys dt brought the terminologies but to the glory of God I had an "A"
I can relate with what you just said. Being informed is good though but that does mean we let people fill us with unnecessary information.
I had learnt that one should trust his/her instinct when necessary(although we should also know when to also drop our ego at some point)

1 Like

Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by psalmhorah(m): 8:03am On Dec 24, 2017
nice write up there .

Jahblessyou@op
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by PharmJohn88(m): 8:29am On Dec 24, 2017
This is truly invalueable to me, especially at this material time that I'm preparing for WAEC GCE coming up on January/February, after having an issue in Physics in WAEC 2010.

But, could you please check for tenses and gramatical errors in the write up?
Thanks a mil, bro.!
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by deltateam: 8:40am On Dec 24, 2017
Overcoming fear means preparing ahead of time. Attend all the lectures. No how you won't write well.With that you can enter boldly and stroll out like a boss. If not nah carryover sure pass abi you wan giraff?
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by kabayomi(m): 9:00am On Dec 24, 2017
smiley
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 24, 2017
Classicinfospot:
Based on my review, I discovered that fear prevails in the mind of everyone during examination. Yes, everyone!, the intensity only vary with people. You cannot completely eliminate fear during examination unless you want to fail because being over-courageous is a step to failure. That is why I have decided to use the phrase "minimize fear" rather than "eliminate fear". 

You might want to ask me "Why is it necessary to minimize fear?". I will say it is important because:-

It enhances better performance It reduces rate of mistakes during examination It helps to build maximum brain focus on examination and enhance efficient thinking

So,if you are ready to minimize fear in your upcoming examination, then this is the right article for you to read. 

BE DETERMINED 

By making a decision that you will not fail, you will surely pass is the first step to limit your fear. Choose what you want(success), this will make you try to do all you can to prepare for an examination. It will help you when you are tired of trying. This mindset is the key to minimizing fear. 

PREPARE ENOUGH

The key to overcome fear is "RIGHT PREPARATION". You cannot limit your fear when you enter the examination hall empty-brained. Read enough, cover the syllabus, do more researches, check the previous examinations to know the pattern, solve past questions and do all you can until you are satisfied. You will discover that courage will start to build up inside you even before examination. By preparing enough, you will not fear the upcoming examination anymore and your hope of blasting it will increase. By doing this, I can assure you are "one foot into minimizing your fear during examination". 

PRAY

It is an understatement to say that prayer is another key to overcome fear. Pray to God for wisdom, knowledge and understanding, believe in him, endeavour to have faith and hope for the best. Do not forget that heaven help those who help themselves. Therefore, do not pray without reading and do not read without praying. Pray, read and the fear factor will minimized. If you work hard, pray and you still afraid, it is either:

A. You did not have believe OR
B. It is the minimal fear that is present in everyone. This is the fear that comes when the thought "What if I fail" comes to your mid. Don't worry, it is a normal fear  which cannot be eliminated permanently but can be eliminated temporarily when you take note of the next point to be mentioned below. 

UNDERSTAND YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE

No man is born to be successful neither is one born to fail,we are all what we make ourselves". If you have prepared extensively for an examination, there is no reason for you to fear. This is what you should remember whenever the fear factor comes along. However, don't try to have this feeling if you are not prepared for an examination. 

MAKE YOUR SELF AWARE THAT YOU ARE PREPARED

How do you feel when people ask you questions and you are able to answer all? You feel good right? That is the feeling necessary to minimize fear. After preparing enough, you still doubt yourself if you are truly prepared or not. Try to find an answer to this question. A good way to do this is to tell your friends to ask you questions. If you are able to give right answer to the questions, then you are truly prepared. If you cannot, try to go back and fix things up. Do this until you get a positive result. This will make you feel prepared. 

NEGLECT NEGATIVE STATEMENTS IN THE AIR

One major action that can increase fear is to believe the negative things people say. People will tell you, "The examination is very hard", "People have failed and people will still fail". Don't listen to this courage-killer statements. They are fallacies!. When people tell you this, just remember that "Even though people failed it, some passed it",so you will pass it because you are not a failure. 

Source:- http://www.classicinfospot..com.ng/2017/05/6-essential-steps-to-minimize-fear.html

Written by: Soneye Saheed, CEO of http://classicinfospot..com

Only the students carrying Expo are afraid in any exams.
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 24, 2017
Even if you've read enough, don't be over confident.Stay calm and analyse the questions.Don't rush it.

Doesn't matter if you finished first,the point is "how well".Don't be a slow ass either.

Lastly,trust no one be independent in the hall and don't disturb that efico in the hall.Read what you can and don't foolishly hold on to anyone's opinion on what to read
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by sirjentul05(m): 10:26am On Dec 24, 2017
The only way to minimize fear in an exam hall is just carry expo and hide am for ya boxers, dats all, gals can hide inside their bra

#itz jentul#

1 Like

Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by pabostt: 11:11am On Dec 24, 2017
The antidote of fear during examination is prepare, prepare , and prepare. There is no shortcut. Even in life, preparing for what is ahead gives a lot of confidence to succeed. You may like to go through 6 Top exam preparation study tips to know tips to adequately prepare for any exam.
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by nemynely(m): 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2017
In my opinion, six steps are too much. Only one step is necessary:
Cover the syllabus and solve all past question papers correctly!
Re: 6 Powerful Steps To Minimize Fear During Examination by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Schools To Reopen 7th Of September - Federal Government / Study Abroad: Factors To Consider / How To Calculate LASU Aggregate Score For Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.