Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

How Do I Create A Blog - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Do I Create A Blog (1498 Views)

How Can I Create My Ebook And Get Paid For Writing / Content Writers For A Blog Needed / 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Create A Blog by Krystalzkris(f): 11:03am On May 29, 2017
I have been finding it difficult to create a personal blog on WordPress. Who can help me out? wink
Re: How Do I Create A Blog by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:37am On May 29, 2017
How much you go pay?
Re: How Do I Create A Blog by Krystalzkris(f): 12:18pm On May 29, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
How much you go pay?
epp a sister na
Re: How Do I Create A Blog by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:22pm On May 29, 2017
Krystalzkris:
epp a sister na
I dey cum
Re: How Do I Create A Blog by Krystalzkris(f): 6:23pm On May 29, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

I dey cum
biko, do fast.. grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: How Do I Create A Blog by Missnande(f): 7:24pm On May 29, 2017
Its quite easy,but you need to use a system or a good phone to enjoy what you're doing. PM me and I'll talk you through.
Re: How Do I Create A Blog by remybj(m): 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2017
Missnande:
Its quite easy,but you need to use a system or a good phone to enjoy what you're doing. PM me and I'll talk you through.
please drop your mail address or phone number so that we can discuss
am interested
Re: How Do I Create A Blog by Missnande(f): 1:08am On Jun 14, 2017
remybj:
please drop your mail address or phone number so that we can discuss am interested
nandejames6@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Create A Blog by Mobsync(m): 7:03am On Jun 28, 2017
Krystalzkris:
I have been finding it difficult to create a personal blog on WordPress. Who can help me out? wink

Have you done this?

If you haven't, is it a free blog (with a domain name) you want or a paid blog with your own domain name?

If it's a free blog, go to to get started. If it's a paid blog, reply me so I can put you through.
Re: How Do I Create A Blog by Krystalzkris(f): 7:14am On Jun 28, 2017
Mobsync:

Have you done this?

If you haven't, is it a free blog (with a domain name) you want or a paid blog with your own domain name?

If it's a free blog, go to to get started. If it's a paid blog, reply me so I can put you through.
i have been trying to use WordPress but I get stuck at q certain part... it refuses to click forward or backwward
Re: How Do I Create A Blog by Mobsync(m): 9:40am On Jun 28, 2017
Krystalzkris:
i have been trying to use WordPress but I get stuck at q certain part... it refuses to click forward or backwward

The free Wordpress?

It should go smoothly unless someone else has opened a blog or commenting profile with the name you want to use.

I faced a similar problem when I wanted to open a free Wordpress blog but I was lucky since I was the one that opened a commenting profile with the same name.

You should try using another random name whether it will leave the page. If it leaves the page, it means someone else is using the name.
Re: How Do I Create A Blog by Jane1234f(f): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2017
Mobsync:

Have you done this?

I am interested on paid blog, please help me my email-oparajanefrances@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Create A Blog by Krystalzkris(f): 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2017
Mobsync:

The free Wordpress?

It should go smoothly unless someone else has opened a blog or commenting profile with the name you want to use.

I faced a similar problem when I wanted to open a free Wordpress blog but I was lucky since I was the one that opened a commenting profile with the same name.

You should try using another random name whether it will leave the page. If it leaves the page, it means someone else is using the name.
ok...id try that..
Re: How Do I Create A Blog by Mobsync(m): 9:17am On Jul 01, 2017
Jane1234f:
I am interested on paid blog, please help me my email-oparajanefrances@gmail.com

I got a domain name and hosting from NameCheap at 7000+ (close to 8000) (19.something dollars). That's for the first year and the cost would rise up to 50 dollars for the second year. They also have dedicated Wordpress hosting that's a bit more expensive but will save you the hassles of setting up the blog.

But if you need cheaper hosting, I'll advise you to go for Smart Web. https://www.smartweb.com.ng/webhosting.html They're Nigerian and have good reviews. I am just not interested in hosting with Nigerian web hosts because of stories I hear about them.

Once you buy the name, you should follow the instructions to set up the site. If you cannot, contact their support via live chat and they'll put you through.

After that, you'll need to customize your blog. I use Hueman theme for mine. It's good and is one of the most popular out there.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Create A Blog by Jane1234f(f): 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mobsync:

I got a domain name and hosting from NameCheap at 7000+ (close to 8000) (19.something dollars). That's for the first year and the cost would rise up to 50 dollars for the second year. They also have dedicated Wordpress hosting that's a bit more expensive but will save you the hassles of setting up the blog.

But if you need cheaper hosting, I'll advise you to go for Smart Web. https://www.smartweb.com.ng/webhosting.html They're Nigerian and have good reviews. I am just not interested in hosting with Nigerian web hosts because of stories I hear about them.

Once you buy the name, you should follow the instructions to set up the site. If you cannot, contact their support via live chat and they'll put you through.

After that, you'll need to customize your blog. I use Hueman theme for mine. It's good and is one of the most popular out there.
ok,thanks so much I will get back to you

(1) (Reply)

Memoirs Of A Marginal Man. / A Farewell To False Love / Happy New Year To Everyone On The Nairaland Literature/writing Board!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.