Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Nnamdi Kanu Is Not The Messiah For Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Is Not The Messiah For Biafra (913 Views)

"Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive" - Kemi Olunloyo / Niger Delta Youths Reacts On Asari Dokubo "I Will Stop Agitation For Biafra / Jerusalem As Capital: IPOB Turkey 'Diplomat' Ally Withdraws Support For Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Is Not The Messiah For Biafra by alaamword: 3:57pm On May 29, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu's war is based on tribe and not on principles and values.

The Biafran war might have been over in 1970 but we are still haunted by it.
On May 30, 2017, it would be 50 years
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu declared the state of Biafra. In the South-Eastern region,
Nnamdi Kanu of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) is beating the old drums of secession and they are pretty loud.
Yesterday, Sunday, May 28, 2017, Kanu flouted one of the conditions of his release by addressing a pro-Biafra crowd in his father's home in Abia state.
"On the 30th of May, we will shut this very place down and prepare for Biafra. The choice is theirs if they will give us a date for the referendum. And if they fail to do that there will be no election in the south-east forever and ever " he told the crowd on Shabbat, a Jewish religious programme. Nnamdi Kanu is an Igbo-Jew.

There have been quite a few jokers and pretenders in the Biafra cause. It, however, seems Nnamdi Kanu has a strong following. His persecution by the Federal Government has only made him more of a hero in the eyes and hearts of his followers.
Nnamdi Kanu, however, is no messiah. There is no promised land at the end of this all. This pro-Biafra leader was born after the Biafran war. He never saw the war and the damage it caused the people of the South-East. He was however born in the 70s and surely when he was growing up he must have seen the after-effects of Ojukwu's decision to pull his people from the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
I have never lived through a war myself but people who have fought in wars say no man should experience war twice. The South-East still has a lot of scars from the Biafran war that have never healed. Setting up a region, that badly needs development, in a collision with the Federal Government isn't an act of boldness but of stupidity. It's plain suicide.
Have Igbos been unfairly treated in Nigeria? Yes, they have. Have they been marginalised? Yes, they have. But guess what- people from the South-South have had it bad also. People from the North (the poorest region in the country) have not had it any better. Nigerians from the South-West have also gotten the short end of the stick. To put it simply- the Nigerian deal has not favoured any tribe.
And here in lies my grouse with Nnamdi Kanu and any other ethnic leader from any part of the country. Fighting for justice and equality based on tribe is not a fight. It's deception. It's tribalism. We, the Nigerian people, have been treated unfairly and poorly the political class. It is not an issue of tribe. It is an issue of we against them, an issue of the greedy and corrupt few over millions of hardworking Nigerians. Any war waged on tribalism or religion will not stand.

What of Igbo politicians who have embezzled money and contributed to the poor economic growth in the South-East? Why hasn't Kanu moved against them? If he is truly a leader, why can't his movement raise leaders that will defeat these corrupt vultures from the South East at the next election? Let him put his people in positions of power and advance the cause from there.
I do no stand with his movement as I do not stand with Boko Haram. Instigating secession and war will lead nowhere. Violence only begets violence.
Now don't get me wrong. I haven't seen a good reason why Nigeria should remain one country. Sometimes I believe it's best we all go our separate ways. If we do it according to the Ojukwu blueprint, it will surely fail as history shows. The Nnamdi Kanu way won't be successful either because it doesn't uphold justice and equality of all tribes. It spews hate and ethnic bias.
When push comes to shove, let's not forget that Nnamdi Kanu is a British citizen. You can read this article and say a Yoruba man is writing rubbish or you can open your minds and realize that a war based

http://opera.pulse.ng/gist/nnamdi-kanu-is-not-the-biafra-messiah-id6750709.html
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not The Messiah For Biafra by vayne(m): 3:58pm On May 29, 2017
And who is?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not The Messiah For Biafra by Trut(m): 4:07pm On May 29, 2017
De way Afonjas carry Biafra matter like Gala ehnnnn, e taya me ooo

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not The Messiah For Biafra by GuyWise(m): 4:17pm On May 29, 2017
The way i am seeing things i can proudly tell you that the rising sun is very near.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not The Messiah For Biafra by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 29, 2017
Afonjeez are not eating properly again. Constipation a catch ala ewu awusa!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not The Messiah For Biafra by whitebeard(m): 4:47pm On May 29, 2017
this is bad all I can hear is and see is blood screaming of the innocent ones..

nice one op, especially the part where u laid emphasis on the fact that we are actually battling the corrupt politicians, it us versus them, but biafrans are already obsessed that Biafra is the way out, hell some of them are willing to be in the same class as south Sudan and other underdeveloped country in Africa they said it OK for them in as much as they leave Nigeria.

but the battle is not something they are fighting with the Nigerian government alone, what about Igbo's that do not want Biafra, what will they do to them, will I abandon them in Nigeria.?

will KANU lead Biafra, cause all I know is that the Biafra stuff is a chessboard, the people are the pawns, KANU is the king, and other high people the biafrans look up to, what I am after is who is playing the game, people will die "yes" and when they do, they would bury them and call them collateral damage, that's all.

I know Nigeria has hope, Mr president is not a civilian crafted type of leader, it just the taste of power that brought him back here.

i also would implore that the role of tradition be strongly limited in our government, political officials should be banned from wearing anything tribal, and they should be kicked out for saying anything tribal, cause tribalism has done more harm than good in our country.

also biafrans are sending the Nigerian government the wrong vibe, u want a country but it sounds like u want war rather than a new country, all I see is blood, fire and I hear screaming,

I am simply a Nigerian that's all my state don't matter..!?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not The Messiah For Biafra by sonofspada(m): 4:55pm On May 29, 2017
He knows
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not The Messiah For Biafra by Israelconcepts: 6:05pm On May 29, 2017
I laugh anytime I see people talking about war whenever BIAFRA matter is being discussed... We are agitating for our country...what we need is just referendum. UNITY BEGGARS, it is very obvious that Nigeria is not one and will never be one...
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not The Messiah For Biafra by ESDKING: 6:13pm On May 29, 2017
Why are you people afraid of Biafra for goodness sake ?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not The Messiah For Biafra by danny56: 6:17pm On May 29, 2017
True, ask ojukwu............... Lol
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not The Messiah For Biafra by orimsamsam(m): 6:25pm On May 29, 2017
Person wey dey don start to dey worship

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Gov Ajimobi Commissions Tech University, Ibadan‏ / YOU LIED: Biafra VS Arewa FACE OFF - Here Are Factual Counters To 2 Of Your Lies / Sunusi-gate: How Dangote 100 Million Bribe Tears Kano Assembly Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.