Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

If I Sue Them, Will I Win? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If I Sue Them, Will I Win? (1208 Views)

My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? / She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by VPersie: 2:14am On Jan 17, 2010
I grew up in a family where there really was no love. I sometimes wondered why my parents married. It was so obvious my Dad did not love my mum. And he made her go through hell. I really appreciate her tenacity through those trying years. The lack of love rubbed on us the children. From an early age, we did not really feel like we could be close to our parents. The tension in the marriage always resulted in our parents shouting at us, complaining about almost everything, and ultimately alienating us. TO make matters worse, I went to a boarding house where I found it hard to fit in and in those formative years, constant picking on by seniors and constant ridicule by my mates, shattered my self confidence, and made me not willing to expose myself to people because of fear of ridicule and alienation-this was usually masked as shyness. Because of this shyness, I can't have relationships with members of the opposite sex and almost all of my other relationships suffer. I wonder how I can even find a wife. I have come to realize that what I went through under my parents and in my secondary school was EMOTIONAL ABUSE. Now that I realize it, I am trying to rebuild myself so I can be a functioning member of the society, something I have never been. But I still feel a need to let those who put me in this situation realize their wrong. I want to sue my parents and my school. Do I have a chance of winning? This is not about money, it is about starting a new life and erasing a wrong I suffered. My parents are wonderful people, but I can't just let things slide like that. I have not added much details of what I suffered because I do not want to turn this into an epistle. But I really suffered emotionally and now I am emotionally dysfunctional.
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by Sauron1: 2:16am On Jan 17, 2010
If you take them to a Sharia court, you will win. grin grin grin grin
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by eldee(m): 2:17am On Jan 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

If you take them to a Sharia court, you will win. grin grin grin grin

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by bluespice(f): 2:27am On Jan 17, 2010
go on dr phil or maury
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by VPersie: 2:53am On Jan 17, 2010
I really do not know what to do!
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by bluespice(f): 2:57am On Jan 17, 2010
wtf! i just gave you two suggestions and you're still whining
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by VPersie: 2:59am On Jan 17, 2010
Will they solve my problem? I don't think so.
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by bluespice(f): 3:01am On Jan 17, 2010
They'll provide you the attention and popularity you're searching for
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by ayettymama(f): 3:46am On Jan 17, 2010
ok if im not mistaken you want to sue your parents?? what an ingrate

whats wrong with these children nowadays?? do you think your the only one with family issues? God knows the number of dysfunctional families out there, dont even get me started on emotional abuse in boarding school at least you were sent to school!!!
or did you also have to hawk pure water on dangerous expressways?? are you not alive and well?? or were u also starved??
you have to pick yourself up and GET OVER IT!!! your failure to do so is alienating you, you are shutting yourself out and you have no one else to blame!!!
Look at your past, notice the mistakes and make sure you dont end up like them!! simple, we have the power to turn ourselves around, we also have the choice close the chapters to your past face the future, face Jesus
you can also listen to this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL6vw5xI0Bg
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by bubugul(f): 4:13am On Jan 17, 2010
Suing them will not solve or change anthing,
just find a way to improve your life, and make something out of it
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by tanimz(f): 4:55am On Jan 17, 2010
Suing them would just worsen whats at hand currently, the best thing to do is move on with your life and try to be a better parent to your children (You can start working towards that now).

While I was still in high school, I went through emotional "phases" too, but they werent as bad as yours, when I left for college- the new environment and people changed my life entirely. What you need is a break from your family and all those that may have/ or is still affecting you emotionally.

Your parents may have not being the best or what you might have expected them to be, but on the other hand- be grateful as there are millions of children out there that would not mind having parents- even if they didnt pay them any attention or show them love. At least they sent you to school, be grateful for that.
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by Odunnu: 5:26am On Jan 17, 2010
Tanimz jst said it all.Move on and make CONSCIOUS effort to be a better man
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by Tcharged: 5:32am On Jan 17, 2010
Forgiving others is the best path for a fresh start as it offers you a new page to begin from.
Forgive your parents and school and start your life anew by building those characters you like. That baggage of bitterness and need for revenge you carry around won't help improve your life, forget about suing anyone just work on making you a better person.
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by freecocoa(f): 7:05am On Jan 17, 2010
U just have to leave wat happened in the past,since u now know what ur is,brace up urself & look 4 a way to make ur life beta like someone said.
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by Jcob(m): 7:35am On Jan 17, 2010
No wonder you started a love song.
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 17, 2010
np - they can also countersue you for all the trouble YOU  caused them when growing up.

they can also sue you because they probably stuck together because of you - a personal sacrifice on their part. it could have been far worse f they'd divorced - custody battles, alterate weekends a stream of boyfriends/irlfirends all trying to pretend to like you. . .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=382822.msg5331695#msg5331695

attention seeker:

There is this girl I used to do stuff with, but now I want to stop. I also told her I want to stop. She just called me and said she just left the pool and my heart started jumping up and down and my started to shake. Anytime I decide to stop stuff with her, I always experience this palpitations in my heart that make me think I may have an heart attack, so I usually give in. It has started again but I really want this to stop. Is this a medical/psychological problem? How do I get out of this?

nl and bs artists
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by bkbaybe99: 8:27am On Jan 17, 2010
Well, otha posters have taken the words out my mouth. It might not be easy but leave the past in the past and welcome the future with open arms. Suing ur parents won't achieve jack; u aint gone win and u'll further alienate them! Go eazy
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by LIMUEL(m): 8:56am On Jan 17, 2010
Taking your parents to court would amount to ingratitude.
You may have to see a counsellor who would attend to you as appropriate
The truth is that with what you have posted we cannot appreciate what the scars are like and how deep the wounds are
But i am sure you can open up to a counsellor
U really need to talk to someone
And no matter what please dont be MUTALLABISH
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 17, 2010
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by harakiri(m): 7:45am On Jan 19, 2010
VPersie:

I grew up in a family where there really was no love. I sometimes wondered why my parents married. It was so obvious my Dad did not love my mum. And he made her go through hell. I really appreciate her tenacity through those trying years. The lack of love rubbed on us the children. From an early age, we did not really feel like we could be close to our parents. The tension in the marriage always resulted in our parents shouting at us, complaining about almost everything, and ultimately alienating us. TO make matters worse, I went to a boarding house where I found it hard to fit in and in those formative years, constant picking on by seniors and constant ridicule by my mates, shattered my self confidence, and made me not willing to expose myself to people because of fear of ridicule and alienation-this was usually masked as shyness. Because of this shyness, I can't have relationships with members of the opposite sex and almost all of my other relationships suffer. I wonder how I can even find a wife. I have come to realize that what I went through under my parents and in my secondary school was EMOTIONAL ABUSE. Now that I realize it, I am trying to rebuild myself so I can be a functioning member of the society, something I have never been. But I still feel a need to let those who put me in this situation realize their wrong. I want to sue my parents and my school. Do I have a chance of winning? This is not about money, it is about starting a new life and erasing a wrong I suffered. My parents are wonderful people, but I can't just let things slide like that. I have not added much details of what I suffered because I do not want to turn this into an epistle. But I really suffered emotionally and now I am emotionally dysfunctional.

Dude, two words :

GROW UP! ! !

What is wrong with you? What is wrong with all these spoilt kids these days? Do you think you are the only one from a dysfunctional family? I AM FROM A DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY and i don't take it out on anyone.It is what it is.You are even lucky your parents stuck together.My parents broke up when i was less than 5 years old, i grew up raised by a single mom and i turned out alright.I suffered a lot in my academics and other social aspects of my life but i don't whine about it.I don't even know most of my uncles,aunts and other relatives from my father's side and it's really affecting me as an adult BUT I DON'T TAKE IT OUT ON ANYONE.Life sucks sometimes and you take it as it comes.Don't come here and show the whole world the kind of humongous ingrate you really are. There are so many successful people who are orphans with no real family and this post of yours is an insult to such people.

This is why i don't intend having more than 2 kids and i will definitely NOT attach myself too much to them.All they care about is themselves.Selfish brats!

What an ingrate! ! !
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by Positivity(m): 8:13am On Jan 19, 2010
VPersie:

I have come to realize that what I went through under my parents and in my secondary school was EMOTIONAL ABUSE. Now that I realize it, I am trying to rebuild myself so I can be a functioning member of the society, something I have never been.

The bolded tells me u've already gotten over ur so-called issues, why would u still want to waste time on trifles like suing the world undecided Concentrate ur new found drive towards bringing the bolded bit to fruition and u'd be better for it.

PS: Ain' nothing new under the sun, what u've been through is paradise compared to what kids in war ravaged areas have had to endure, believe it or not most of them are upsatnding member of the society 2day.

http://journalism.nyu.edu/pubzone/livewire/archived/the_lost_children_of_sudan/
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by calabaman(m): 8:20am On Jan 19, 2010
Pele ooo, Wat u should be doin nw is buildin up urself so that ur children dont suffer the same fate, concernin suing them, bad idea u will only bring shame and ridicule 2 urself as ur parents are obviously shameless, One luv
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by harakiri(m): 8:20am On Jan 19, 2010
Positivity:

The bolded tells me u've already gotten over your so-called issues, why would u still want to waste time on trifles like suing the world undecided Concentrate your new found drive towards bringing the bolded bit to fruition and u'd be better for it.

PS: Ain' nothing new under the sun, what u've been through is paradise compared to what kids in war ravaged areas have had to endure, believe it or not most of them are upsatnding member of the society 2day.

http://journalism.nyu.edu/pubzone/livewire/archived/the_lost_children_of_sudan/

Abeg, help me tell am.Me i no understand all this complaints about "abusive" parents.For the fact that you're alive and well today is more than enough.He's talking about boarding house and all that.I WENT THROUGH BOARDING HOUSING so i know how it is.I suffered serious lack as a child.Do you know what it's like to be born with a silver spoon and then for drastically move from grace to grace and live in penury? That's just a snapshot of my childhood but i don't take out my frustration on anyone and i'm thankful for were i am today. No matter how bad it is, always remember that there are others who have it worse than you and be thankful for your blessings.From your post, you are obviously from a well to do family or at least average.To be blunt, YOU ARE A SPOILT UNGRATEFUL BRAT!

Grow the phuck up!

Sweet Jesus!
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by VPersie: 2:56am On Jun 20, 2010
Thanks all.
Re: If I Sue Them, Will I Win? by mbulela: 11:04am On Jun 20, 2010
VPersie:

Thanks all.
i am glad you are satisfied with the attention you sought and have now gotten.

(1) (Reply)

My Friend's Hubby Abuses Her / Missing Husband / Family Tales: Ode To My Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.