Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:47 PM

Video: Cnn's Tony Harris Conversates With Nigerian About Blacklisting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: Cnn's Tony Harris Conversates With Nigerian About Blacklisting (698 Views)

Video: Watch The Missing Chibok Girls In New Video- CNN / Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics / Boko Haram Releases Chilling Video - CNN (Viewer Discretion Is Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video: Cnn's Tony Harris Conversates With Nigerian About Blacklisting by trueword: 2:22am On Jan 17, 2010
http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2010/01/13/nr.harris.nigeria.watchlist.cnn?iref=allsearch

The Nigerian guy in the video claimed that Nigeria was the most democratically free nation in Africa and that we don't have a lunatic as a leader. He claims that there is rule of law in Nigeria and that Nigeria is doing its best to mitigate terrorism.

Now I don't know if he believes all that or if he was just trying to make Nigeria look good.
Re: Video: Cnn's Tony Harris Conversates With Nigerian About Blacklisting by Nobody: 2:40am On Jan 17, 2010
Blind patriotism!!!! All what he mentioned are not true in Nigeria. Except fighting terrorism (Boko Haram anyone)?. Nigeria is beginning to look like it won't survive another 6 years with the way politicians are playing.

I think true true he was right about US seeing Nigeria as an ally to fight terrorism not blacklist Nigeria. We do have freedom of speech. in fact scrap what I said above, we do have freedom of speech in Nigeria and we do have a free society but we don't have people willing to be free or they are sub consciously restraining their own freedom.
Re: Video: Cnn's Tony Harris Conversates With Nigerian About Blacklisting by VPersie: 2:45am On Jan 17, 2010
The guy kept on saying different things apart from answering the question-I guess he had an agenda to support NIgeria no matter what. I think Nigeria deserves to be on that list considering the radicalism brewing in the North. Until the Nigerian government shows convincing proof that it is willing and able to fight the burgeoning Islamic radicalism in northern Nigeria, then we have no reason to complain. That is why the "British" analogy does not work. Britain is actively fighting terrorism, not excusing or ignoring it. On the other hand, it is easier for Obama to do this to Nigeria, than say South Africa or Malaysia. The answer is simple: leverage. We are becoming more and more irrelevant in international circles.
Re: Video: Cnn's Tony Harris Conversates With Nigerian About Blacklisting by adigun101: 3:03am On Jan 17, 2010
I dont understand why he richard reid and UK situation does not apply here.
The guy was even radicalised in the UK.
Is he trying to say that UK is a special country that cannot be blacklisted ?
Well it is up to the US to do whatever they want. Nigeria cannot be guaranteed fair hearing from the US.

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read For A True Nigerian Youth / Govs To Senate: Make Goodluck Jonathan Acting President Now / Is Goodluck Jonathan Smart Enough To Change Things In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.