Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,645 members, 7,955,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:35 PM

Getting Nigeria Out Of The Grind - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Getting Nigeria Out Of The Grind (311 Views)

Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There / We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari / Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Getting Nigeria Out Of The Grind by africandollar: 6:42am On May 30, 2017
I believe we are a nation of highly intelligent people and we need to wrestle the governance of our country out of the hands of the cabal that has sworn to make life miserable for its inhabitants. I hereby propose that we youths of Nigeria (18-45 yrs) form our own party; this party should be led by forward-thinking and progressive youths from every tribe of this nation.

We have the power of the internet at our beck and call to revolutionize the future of our nation, remember the Egyptian revolution started by the youths of that country some years back using the power of the internet? Why can't we use that positively also in Nigeria instead of just commenting our grievances on social media websites? All it takes are a set of youths who would garner the attention of the international community through their positive messages and actions.

Meanwhile, I hear stuff like even the youths of Nigeria are already corrupt, but believe me when I tell you that the youths of this country are the ones that are more prone to practicing the real democracy as seen in developed countries. They have less archaic ideas on their minds and are willing to live a mark unlike the present old folks ruling Nigeria who are already on their way to the grave anyways.

Let's give this idea a thought, no one can stop an idea whose time has arrived. We need the likes of Thomas Sankara yet again in our country, those who are willing to make a change even though it cost them their lives, those who are ready to take the bull by the horns and challenge the powers that be in this our resource-blessed-but-looted nation. I dare go against the 'Nams Angels' movie caption and say it's better to reign in Heaven than serve in Hell. Your children are going to ask you in the future what you did while Nigeria went to the dogs. Not everyone is going to get the opportunity to move to foreign lands and find greener pastures but we can make sure our land's green pastures are well cultivated using our talents.

This is a message from a concerned youth of Nigeria and I expect Seun who already has the power of the internet in his hands to champion something like this...what are we waiting for people?! We have the power to change the story of Nigeria come 2019 elections, those who we looked up to have already failed us so why not help ourselves?
Re: Getting Nigeria Out Of The Grind by Nobody: 7:38am On May 30, 2017
We need to behead all those that failed us first.then help ourselves, bt nobodi no wan start 1st

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Two For N1.5m Fraud / Ipac South South Set To Awards Best Governors, Senators / El Rufai Orders The Arrest Of All Northern Youths Threatening Igbos In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.