Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Spam Bot Strikes Again. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Spam Bot Strikes Again. (506 Views)

Seun, Anti Spam Bot Is Becoming Out Of Control! / Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! / Anti Spam Bot//auto Ban On Nairaland- More Harm Than Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spam Bot Strikes Again. by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 17, 2010
Guys, can something be done about this spam filter??

Legitimate posts are being deleted, very tiresome, when you've gone to great length to type a reply in response to a problem someone's having - in this case, the Auto section. angry It's making contributions a very long winded, and awkward process. angry

This was my response to a query in the Auto section:

1 Forums / Autos / Re: My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: Siena And Other Experts Pls Help on: Today at 09:08:06
In modern automatic transmissions, there are 3 things to consider:

1) ECU.
2) Planetary gearset, valve body.
3) Hydraulic pump and governor.

In your case, I would rule out electrical failure / ECU. The fact your problems began, by a reluctance for the transmission to actually engage, unless you select 3, and depress the gas pedal, would point to a planetary gearset, hydraulic issue, or even a combination of both.

At this point, I would be inclined to take an ATF (fluid) sample. It should be red, especially as your car is relatively new. If it's brown, then you have burnt-out clutch bands. They can wear out, pretty much like a dry clutch in a conventional manual, and the first gears to be affected are the lower ones, and sometimes reverse. You'll have to pull away in top, albeit with a lot of revving. The car will also be jerky.

If the fluid looks grey - i.e has fine silvery bits in it, then the planetary gears are / have broken up. More costly to repair, normally here the cheapest option is to get a replacement unit on an exchange basis. If the complete transmission is replaced, please make sure your mechanic does not use the old torque converter! If there is any debris in there, it will transfer to the new transmission, and result in untimely failure.

I will, at this point, go with burnt-out clutch bands, as the symptons you've described so far point to that. It may be worth draining the ATF completely, and changing it once more, as very dirty / contaminated fluid will not transmit drive, i.e, the torque converter will not lock-up, as it's meant to.

Good luck, and keep us posted

And, this was the thread itself:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-382717.0.html

Please can someone sort this out?
Re: Spam Bot Strikes Again. by dani1luv: 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2010
Seems it has been sorted out. .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-382717.0.html#msg5332753

If anyproblem. persists contact me. . on this General!welcome section/ Joke section. .

Im ready to help
wink

Moved to Nairaland Setion
Re: Spam Bot Strikes Again. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 17, 2010
^^^ Thanks, Dan.
Re: Spam Bot Strikes Again. by dani1luv: 4:39pm On Jan 17, 2010
^^You welcome wink

(1) (Reply)

My Question / Pls Help Me Out / My Posts Keep Getting Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.