Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Amokachi Gears Up For Second Nigeria Debut - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amokachi Gears Up For Second Nigeria Debut (467 Views)

Daniel Amokachi: I Slept At T.B Joshua’s Church For Weeks, Got No Miracle / The Moment Daniel Amokachi Substituted Himself On And Scored 2 Goals(throw Back) / Tijani Babangida And Daniel Amokachi At Africa Legends Game In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amokachi Gears Up For Second Nigeria Debut by argob44(f): 12:53pm On May 30, 2017
Former Super Eagles striker Daniel Amokachi has set his sights on representing Nigeria at the forthcoming Stars Sixes tournament in July.

The player popularly referred to as "The Bull" represented Nigeria 44 times in a nine-year Super Eagles career - earning his debut in 1990, appearing at two FIFA world cup finals.

Stars Sixes is a six-a-side tournament for retired internationals set to take place at the 02 Arena from 13 to 16 July. Nigeria has been drawn into Group B alongside Brazil, Italy and China.

It will be an opportunity for the Nigerian team to rekindle past battles against the Italian and Brazilian legends, some of who they traded tackles against at the 1994 FIFA world cup and Atalanta 1996 Olympics football event.

The former Everton forward in a chat with evertonfc.com, revealed his excitement at representing Nigeria once again and playing against former teammates.

"I can't wait to get started," Amokachi revealed to evertonfc.com. "It's a great platform to play with and against ex-teammates and some legends of the game that played in the same generation.

"Jay-Jay Okocha first approached me about it. We have known each other for a long time, even before him I was very close friends with his older brother. We're more like family than friends.

"It will be a great event and hopefully I will get to see plenty of Evertonians there. I always try to keep up my fitness, so I am ready to play. Let's see what happens!"

The Nigerian team will feature the likes of Celestine Babayaro, Julius Aghahowa, and Jay-Jay Okocha, who will be captain at the inaugural tournament.

Other global icons expected to feature at the tournament include Steven Gerrard, Michael Ballack, Carles Puyol and Robert Pires.

Kwese Sport

http://www.asbgistng.com/2017/05/amokachi-gearsr-second-nigeria-debut.html

cc: mynd44, lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Borussia Dortmund's Pierre-emerick Aubameyang Set To Sign £70m Deal With PSG / Bet Winner's Haven. / Okocha Reveals How Super Eagles Died In 2002

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.