Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,248 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 (323203 Views)

Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Apply For The MTN Nigeria Graduate Personal Assistant Recruitment 2017 / How To Apply For Shell Nigeria Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nwachiizu(m): 8:28am On Jun 16, 2017
Working at Shell might end up not being as rosy as many think. I read the clause that says after 2-5 years of coming in as graduate trainee you become an Independent Shell Contractor. I think that means you only receive salaries and benefits packages for 2-5 years. Then you later become a contractor under shell where you no longer receive salaries but paid only when you have a contract assignment. In the long run the politics involved in securing a contract will be high. I trust Nigeria for that. Then no retirement packages. You just end up being used and dumped.

Please let's spread our tentacles for other opportunities cos I believe there are many companies out there far better than Shell in the long run.

You can also think of starting a business. May end up the best option afterall.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by victoremah(m): 8:44am On Jun 16, 2017
hiroz:
Received a mail from shell to do my video interview ''We understand that life can get busy, and we don’t want you to miss this opportunity, so here’s a reminder of what you need to do to complete this stage of your application.''
but i still haven't received the mail with link to do this on demand video interview..sent them my complaints with 5 mails already no reply
anybody with same problem.

Hi,

Have you checked your spam folder yet? All of my friends who claimed non reception of the link actually discovered they went into the mails spam box.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by GentleMoh(m): 8:56am On Jun 16, 2017
I did my on demand interview and cognitive test yesterday. No feedback yet from shell.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by jesusfunky7: 9:25am On Jun 16, 2017
Please who has teststream past question that I can quickly use?
I need to finish up my application today.

Thank you.

U can also send it to me on jesusfunky7@gmail.com
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by femoalaofin: 10:24am On Jun 16, 2017
Nwachiizu:

Working at Shell might end up not being as rosy as many think. I read the clause that says after 2-5 years of coming in as graduate trainee you become an Independent Shell Contractor. I think that means you only receive salaries and benefits packages for 2-5 years. Then you later become a contractor under shell where you no longer receive salaries but paid only when you have a contract assignment. In the long run the politics involved in securing a contract will be high. I trust Nigeria for that. Then no retirement packages. You just end up being used and dumped.

Please let's spread our tentacles for other opportunities cos I believe there are many companies out there far better than Shell in the long run.

Sorry, I just want to ask two questions, I appreciate your candid advice, I also am I strong advocate of your advice, but

1) did you apply for shell graduate trainee position?
2). If yes or no , why?

Thank you as I await ur honest response.

Best regards
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Presido95: 10:40am On Jun 16, 2017
Nwachiizu:

I know this isn't true, but many pple would even prefer this kind of arrangement.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Trapqueeen: 10:49am On Jun 16, 2017
Just my 2 cents, I think the 2013 Bsc graduate requirement is a way of putting an age requirement for the graduate position. However, in Europe, it is unethical to reject employment based on age, gender or race. This is the reason why myself, DreManuel and Others haven't gotten rejection mail yet.
Technically I believe we are still within the age bracket, being that some of us graduated at 18.. etc.
Then again, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by esmeralda1(f): 11:12am On Jun 16, 2017
Is there anyone that has gotten a positive love letter in this particular advert before i declare this recruitment a SCAM

6 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by deepwater(f): 11:27am On Jun 16, 2017
Nwachiizu:

this, you meant ''The Shell Graduate Program is a development framework that enables graduates to become fully independent Shell professionals in 2-5 years''

I am not sure you understood that statement, look at it this way, as a graduate trainee, you are a dependent (still learning and passing through a set developmental framework) shell personnel that needs to be developed into a fully independent SHELL professional. Where did you see SHELL contractor after 2-5 years? grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Jesusgirl92(f): 11:39am On Jun 16, 2017
Trapqueeen:
Just my 2 cents, I think the 2013 Bsc graduate requirement is a way of putting an age requirement for the graduate position. However, in Europe, it is unethical to reject employment based on age, gender or race. This is the reason why myself, DreManuel and Others haven't gotten rejection mail yet.
Technically I believe we are still within the age bracket, being that some of us graduated at 18.. etc.
Then again, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about
I thought their not getting back to you yet was suppose to be a good thing... Or you don't believe you did well enough to qualify to the next phase??.... Babe, biko don't be a pessimist..... Just keep believing.

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by zakir007(m): 11:42am On Jun 16, 2017
Please has anyone received a success mail? I haven't received any mail yet and this is the 7th day
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Trapqueeen: 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
I thought their not getting back to you yet was suppose to be a good thing... Or you don't believe you did well enough to qualify to the next phase??.... Babe, biko don't be a pessimist..... Just keep believing.

I didn't say it wasn't and I wasn't being pessimistic,

I was speaking about their requirements. Take your time, read and digest.

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Jesusgirl92(f): 12:08pm On Jun 16, 2017
Trapqueeen:

I didn't say it wasn't and I wasn't being pessimistic,

I was speaking about their requirements. Take your time, read and digest.
yes ma... "This is the reason why myself, Dremanuel and others haven't gotten a regret mail yet".... Doesn't show that you are not pessimistic..... The way that sounded was like you're sure you'll all get regret mails ( or what does " yet"imply in the statement?).... Or did I not " read and digest" that comment of yours well enough?? #just_asking.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by AkDave1: 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
yes ma... "This is the reason why myself, Dremanuel and others haven't gotten a regret mail yet".... Doesn't show that you are not pessimistic..... The way that sounded was like you're sure you'll all get regret mails ( or what does " yet"imply in the statement?).... Or did I not " read and digest" that comment of yours well enough?? #just_asking.
Also try and drink water after digesting... just saying

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Jesusgirl92(f): 12:25pm On Jun 16, 2017
AkDave1:
Also try and drink water after digesting... just saying
The question wasn't directed to you.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Drnice: 12:44pm On Jun 16, 2017
poshrenedonnie:

Where did you get this from?
Check ur resume manager, click till employment opportunities, then read down.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Drnice: 12:47pm On Jun 16, 2017
silifx:

Can you send the link to the page
Didn't u see the no of positions on that screenshot above?
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Drnice: 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2017
silifx:

Can you send the link to the page
Check ur resume manager on shell account, click on view submission till employment opportunities 2017, read it down.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by kelzgie: 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
esmeralda1:
Is there anyone that has gotten a positive love letter in this particular advert before i declare this recruitment a SCAM
Nawa fr una o...una behavior dey weak me...
How wil dey send success mails wen assessment is stil on...
Did yur school admit [color=#990000][/color]yu whist others were writing post ume??...ya'll shud open yur heads nd stop behaving like buhari

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by damilee(m): 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2017
admitted wow good english
kelzgie:

Nawa fr una o...una behavior dey weak me...
How wil dey send success mails wen assessment is stil on...
Did yur school admit [color=#990000][/color]yu whist others were writing post ume??...ya'll shud open yur heads nd stop behaving like buhari
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by kelzgie: 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2017
tongue
damilee:
admitted wow good english
Haha..yu ain't actually d best dude der is to spot flaws in my lingua gyration nor my idiosyncratic disposition... Jes to surprise yu I already corrected that...#auto complete did that..not me....u wud do yurself well to refresh yur page..
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Trapqueeen: 1:26pm On Jun 16, 2017
Jesusgirl92:

That's why I said to read well, you cannot just take a sentence and draw conclusion from it. It has nothing to do with doing well. It's simply from the requirement stated about 2013 bsc. Nairalanders on this thread have said the machine automatically rejects those who don't meet the requirements. However technically some of us don't, and are still standing 12/15 days post submission. Hence, the age factor.

Do you understand now?
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Jesusgirl92(f): 1:41pm On Jun 16, 2017
Trapqueeen:

That's why I said to read well, you cannot just take a sentence and draw conclusion from it. It has nothing to do with doing well. It's simply from the requirement stated about 2013 bsc. Nairalanders on this thread have said the machine automatically rejects those who don't meet the requirements. However technically some of us don't, and are still standing 12/15 days post submission. Hence, the age factor.

Do you understand now?
okay. Success then.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2017
Some of you can argue over what you don't know. Just be happy and network with yourselves rather than fighting over some things.

Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by simplebb: 3:10pm On Jun 16, 2017
Nwachiizu:

Thank God u are thinking.In life say what u know, not what u think. They are not using one and dumping one, u av misinterpreted d whole stuff. The program is designed to train graduate for a period after which they will be assessed and if passed they will offer one permanent appointment.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Drnice: 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2017
Assessment is yet to start by shell nigeria, no wonder they tweeted @shell_nigeria, that those love letters are scams. I dey laugh, for me 10000 positions still vacant. Meet you @shell. #positivevibe.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by meeday92: 4:03pm On Jun 16, 2017
Drnice:
Assessment is yet to start by shell nigeria, no wonder they tweeted @shell_nigeria, that those love letters are scams. I dey laugh, for me 10000 positions still vacant. Meet you @shell. #positivevibe.

Lol and the scam reflects on the application status?

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by olagunjumariah: 4:09pm On Jun 16, 2017
nawa o
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Yohash: 4:23pm On Jun 16, 2017
Please is there any dress code for the video interview?
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2017
victoremah:

Hi,

Have you checked your spam folder yet? All of my friends who claimed non reception of the link actually discovered they went into the mails spam box.
checked my spam mails, checked with 2 different systems and phones...still no mail for the on demand video..sent them like 6 mails sef..my 10 days is almost up...
thanks..
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 16, 2017
Ezegozie:

Alright thanks
having same problem...when did u apply?...have u gotten the mail for the interview now?
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nwachiizu(m): 4:54pm On Jun 16, 2017
femoalaofin:

Sorry, I just want to ask two questions, I appreciate your candid advice, I also am I strong advocate of your advice, but

1) did you apply for shell graduate trainee position?
2). If yes or no , why?

Thank you as I await ur honest response.

Best regards

Thanks for your question.

1) I did
2) I have a good business and will use the money to expand it if I get the job.

I hope my response is honest enough sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (85) (Reply)

PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 / INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.