Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,988 members, 7,859,536 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:22 PM

Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill (26580 Views)

Femi Odekunle: Malami's Power Block Doesn't Support Buhari Anti-Corruption Fight / Ministerial List: A Mockery of Buhari's Anti-Corruption war - Yakassai / Senate Finally Passes Buhari’s Anti-corruption Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by Chinagurum1995(m): 7:10pm On May 30, 2017
Oh gosh this corruption need's too stop I mean our nation Nigeria is disabled I mean we need good changes for our nation Nigeria. angry embarassed

Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 30, 2017
Blue3k:

Lol your tears amuse me son. Nobody said there are two presidents. There's the acting president and there's the president. He's acting because president is out. Simple question what is Buhari's title if he's not the President?
Former President grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sometimes, you wonder where do you start from?

4 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by Suko110(m): 7:12pm On May 30, 2017
Finally senate making themselves useful and on dis day makes tax payers money count
Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by undisputedgbola(m): 7:13pm On May 30, 2017
Blue3k:

Digging the hole deeper for yourself congrats son. You don't know difference between acting and formal. Lol all that money wasted on your education. Retake your jamb boy. Osinbajo won't be president unless Buhari dies or steps down. Hence the title acting president.

The point of power transfer is do we dont hsve power vacuum yes he's still president. Please stay quiet for your own good. You've embarrassed yourself enough.
That's mean...

5 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by kc2hansome(m): 7:14pm On May 30, 2017
austinvsb1:

Completely ignoring the topic and pivoting to an absolute foolishness of a discourse! Dumb kids everywhere! I really hope you are not one of those clamouring for secession because any country which minds like yours help form is on high speed to DOOM

two people are involved but u decided to call out one. visibly because the other one is on ur side... shame on u. forming adult with every epitome of bias. it's disgusting

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 30, 2017
miketayo:

Kids!!
U better stop embarrassing urself on nairaland and face ur book

He's got spare parts to sell grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by soberdrunk(m): 7:18pm On May 30, 2017
Does this mean that Looters will start going to jail? angry
Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by charlycharles(m): 7:19pm On May 30, 2017
IhatesIGBOS:
Go nd ask yur family
Online zoombie food don ready. Go get ur matchet. Somebody don mention bubu name.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 30, 2017
Simple question: Is buhari still the president?

Nope he's inactive.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by bizzibodi(m): 7:23pm On May 30, 2017
chinoxstock:

Only God knows why you enjoy fooling yourself and displaying your stupidity.

As it stands now, Buhari is not the President, Osibanjo is. We cannot have 2Presidents. Even my 2 year old cousin can understand this (why is it hard for you to understand?)
And until Buhari writes to NASS, Buhari is not the President. Osibanjo is...
grow up lil'boi buhari written to nass is not seek permission but just to tell then to take note to b aware,whether they reads it or not is inconsequencial.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by bejeria101(m): 7:24pm On May 30, 2017
Use it on him first,if it works,if it doesnt....,

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 30, 2017
Good news. Hope they've not meddled with it in a way it will suit them. Because me I don't trust these ones again.
Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by udemzyudex(m): 7:33pm On May 30, 2017
There's nothing to be afraid of, after all some people are above the law.
Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by bizzibodi(m): 7:35pm On May 30, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
Who is Buhari?
ask yur father who are u?

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by raystanley(m): 7:35pm On May 30, 2017
U
OVI75:
Is Buhari still d President ?
Oga the Cabal are using his name to act...
Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 30, 2017
ephi321:
And that is how this thread will be derailed....rather than focusing on the details of this Bill.

One thing that is unclear is why is a Bill required to get international assistance with money laundering cases? Do the existing laws not imply this already? How about bodies like Interpol, where do they fall in all this? Blue3k, any idea?

What practical difference will this Bill make to existing and future cases?

Where have you been all through the day
Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 30, 2017
chinoxstock:

As it stands now, Buhari is not the President, Osibanjo is. We cannot have 2Presidents. Even my 2 year old cousin can understand this (why is it hard for you to understand?)

See as you're just disgracing yourself... Chai!

7 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by Deeldorado: 7:41pm On May 30, 2017
So, the legislators are stalling on the Money Laundering Prevention and Prohibition Bill, the one that will hit them badly.
Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by ephi321(f): 7:43pm On May 30, 2017
Kathmandu:
Where have you been all through the day

That "hungry" guy who was put in his place yest went "crying to his ppl", do you get? wink cheesy
Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by joepentwo(m): 7:45pm On May 30, 2017
jungle justice 4swt in ds con3
Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 30, 2017
ephi321:

That "hungry" guy who was put in his place yest went "crying to his ppl", do you get? wink cheesy
grin grin grin grin

He is so angry with you. What did you do to him? Do you know him offline?

Sorry
Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by najoke: 7:49pm On May 30, 2017
chinoxstock:

Jesus… ..what kind of fuckery is this… and he got some likes… ..Biafra is doomed with this kind of "intellectuals" grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by ephi321(f): 7:49pm On May 30, 2017
Kathmandu:
grin grin grin grin

He is so angry with you. What did you do to him? Do you know him offline?

Sorry

I don't oh. Only contact was when I created that giving thread, and he said he wanted to contribute and I asked him to do his own rather than mix it up with mine. His ego is obviously very fragile and took a beating down yest.

Tx dear.
Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by brojoshua: 7:53pm On May 30, 2017
Thank God oooo
Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by Blue3k(m): 7:53pm On May 30, 2017
ephi321:
And that is how this thread will be derailed....rather than focusing on the details of this Bill.

One thing that is unclear is why is a Bill required to get international assistance with money laundering cases? Do the existing laws not imply this already? How about bodies like Interpol, where do they fall in all this? Blue3k, any idea?

What practical difference will this Bill make to existing and future cases?

From what I understand. Other nations all the bill does is help us share intelligence better with other nations. I know we had extradition agreements but we had to make deals with Britain for example for them to report Nigerian property owners.

The best case scenario would be the criminals will have a harder time laundering money without thode countries reporting it.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by brojoshua: 7:54pm On May 30, 2017
Did someone say? How of corruption passing anti-corruption bill
Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by Fourwinds: 8:00pm On May 30, 2017
chinoxstock:

Haha..this one you are stammering to defend a vegetable so....Month don end o. Hope you don get alert...

Buhari is not the President of Nigeria...Osibanjo is..
to be sincere, u are embarrassing urself

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by ephi321(f): 8:06pm On May 30, 2017
Blue3k:

From what I understand. Other nations all the bill does is help us share intelligence better with other nations. I know we had extradition agreements but we had to make deals with Britain for example for them to report Nigerian property owners.

The best case scenario would be the criminals will have a harder time laundering money without thode countries reporting it.

Okay, thanks for the response. I'm still not completely clear why a Bill would be required to share information better, but I'll do some research to find out more.
Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by Fourwinds: 8:08pm On May 30, 2017
Evil bow to good... Senators, these evil men are not just trustworthy..
Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by Kbanka: 8:16pm On May 30, 2017
All these your mumu today don make me sabi you. Chinoxstock, abi?
chinoxstock:

Haha..this one you are stammering to defend a vegetable so....Month don end o. Hope you don get alert...

Buhari is not the President of Nigeria...Osibanjo is..

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by EngrBello(m): 8:28pm On May 30, 2017
Igbos money launders now in trouble..... grin
Re: Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill by GoodMuyis(m): 8:34pm On May 30, 2017
austinvsb1:
3 hearings and Over one year later! You wann know nigeria's number one problem? Look no further than this set of legistative crooks and shameless thieves! A bill that would help in fighting corruption that definitely should have recieved immediate support & attention from sane minds was introduced in feb. 2016 and took more than a year and 3 hearings to pass.

Absolutely pathetic that the likes of Dino, Saraki et al are the ones elected to represent nigerians.

After them don exploit the loophole finish, they passed the bill after one year

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ayo Fayose Sacks All Commissioners In Ekiti / Senate Hails Buhari On Completion Ajaokuta-warri Rail During Test Run Inspection / Anambra CP, Kuryas Visits Checkpoint Attacked By Hoodlums (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.