Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away (948 Views)

Obasanjo: I Ran Away From Arabic Qur’anic School Over Fear Of The Cane / Moments When Major-general Gowon And Colonel Obasanjo Accept Biafra's Surrender / Fayose Meets Soldiers At A Checkpoint, Narrates How He Ran Away From Army. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away by mrrights: 6:10am On May 31, 2017
Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away:

Col. Phillip Effiong's Speech to Gowon On January 15, 1970 at Dodan Barracks in Lagos, in the
presence of General Gowon, Effiong announced the end of the Biafran conflict.

"I, Major-General Phillip Efiong, Officer Administering the Government of the Republic of Biafra, now wish to make the following declaration:

That we affirm that we are loyal Nigerian citizens and accept the authority of the Federal Military
Government of Nigeria. That we accept the existing
administrative and political structure of the Federation of Nigeria. That any future constitutional arrangement will be worked out by representatives of the people of Nigeria. That
the Republic of Biafra hereby ceases to exist."

[1] At the time of the surrender, Effiong believed that the situation was hopeless and that prolonging the conflict would have led only to the further destruction and starvation of the people of Biafra.

At that time Effiong said, "I am convinced now that a stop must be put to the bloodshed which is going on as a result of the war. I am also convinced that the suffering of our people must be brought to an immediate end."

In a 1996 interview, Effiong reflected on those events:

I have no regrets whatsoever of my involvement in Biafra or the role I played. The war deprived me of my property, dignity, my name. Yet, I saved so many souls on both sides and by this,I mean Biafra and Nigeria. . . .

I felt that I played a role which has kept this country united till today. . . .

At the end of it all when I saw they (Biafran soldiers) could no longer continue and Ojukwu had fled, I did what was ideal after wide consultation . . .

Effiong died 6 November 2003, at the age of 78 less than two weeks before his 79th birthday.
Re: Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away by zionwinn(m): 6:12am On May 31, 2017
Ok
Re: Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away by GameGod(m): 6:13am On May 31, 2017
I like Ojukwu really, but i hate iPOB.
Re: Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away by Flatties: 6:37am On May 31, 2017
Coward, murderer aka ojuiku

1 Like

Re: Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away by Lucasinho(m): 6:55am On May 31, 2017
mrrights:
[s]Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away:

Col. Phillip Effiong's Speech to Gowon On January 15, 1970 at Dodan Barracks in Lagos, in the
presence of General Gowon, Effiong announced the end of the Biafran conflict.

"I, Major-General Phillip Efiong, Officer Administering the Government of the Republic of Biafra, now wish to make the following declaration:

That we affirm that we are loyal Nigerian citizens and accept the authority of the Federal Military
Government of Nigeria. That we accept the existing
administrative and political structure of the Federation of Nigeria. That any future constitutional arrangement will be worked out by representatives of the people of Nigeria. That
the Republic of Biafra hereby ceases to exist."

[1] At the time of the surrender, Effiong believed that the situation was hopeless and that prolonging the conflict would have led only to the further destruction and starvation of the people of Biafra.

At that time Effiong said, "I am convinced now that a stop must be put to the bloodshed which is going on as a result of the war. I am also convinced that the suffering of our people must be brought to an immediate end."

In a 1996 interview, Effiong reflected on those events:

I have no regrets whatsoever of my involvement in Biafra or the role I played. The war deprived me of my property, dignity, my name. Yet, I saved so many souls on both sides and by this,I mean Biafra and Nigeria. . . .

I felt that I played a role which has kept this country united till today. . . .

At the end of it all when I saw they (Biafran soldiers) could no longer continue and Ojukwu had fled, I did what was ideal after wide consultation . . .

Effiong died 6 November 2003, at the age of 78 less than two weeks before his 79th birthday.[/s]

A pained and depraved Afonja Spotted...

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away by Igboesika: 7:23am On May 31, 2017
These Iidiiots that called themselves unity beggars a very stupid.
See how they are on top of Igbo matter even when igbos despise them a lot.
Foolishness at its peak.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away by ExpiredNigeria: 7:50am On May 31, 2017
Sorry ok
Re: Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away by IkediiEbube: 7:51am On May 31, 2017
drake2000x:

Afonja as expected...it's in their human nature.

Idiotic pauper of beefuro - IPOB. Attachee by force animals.

Re: Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away by IkediiEbube: 7:52am On May 31, 2017
Lucasinho:

A pained and depraved Afonja Spotted...

Shameless Akpu eating IPOB slaves ranting as usual.
Re: Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away by Trut(m): 7:52am On May 31, 2017
IkediiEbube:

Cursed Ipob, why not go to your ipob forum where you can all eat eachother. Pathetic cannibals without shame, leave the SW and go back to your cursed land instead of crying online. Idiotic pauper of beefruro -IPOB

Ogbeni, why you carry Biafra matter for head like Gala?
Re: Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away by IkediiEbube: 7:53am On May 31, 2017
Trut:

Ogbeni, why you carry Biafra matter for head like Gala?

Why are you blaming afonja for all the problem rocking your life? Dont you have shame?
Re: Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away by ExpiredNigeria: 7:55am On May 31, 2017
IkediiEbube:

Cursed Ipob, why not go to your ipob forum where you can all eat eachother. Pathetic cannibals without shame, leave the SW and go back to your cursed land instead of crying online. Idiotic pauper of beefruro -IPOB

You even exposed yourself, maybe you didn't remember you registered this your account with Igbo Monika (IkediiEbube) to claim sometimes that you're an Igbo who doesn't support Biafra.. very pathetic.

See, my message to all the hating Afonjas we have grown past your hatred, you were busy hating and we're busy advancing and under your very own eyes things you never imagined are happening, we're on the world scale BBC, CNN, Aljazeerah and many more international TV that never talked about us are now eventually on it.

So your fears, your envy and hatred have no meaning to IPOD or Biafra anymore, they never had and will never have, you said Nnamdi Kanu will remain in the prison till heaven come but, we proved you wrong, he was released and you shamelessly started masturbating on his bail terms, trolling on every Biafran/IPOD thread to see if Mazi Nnamdi Kanu was with more than 10 or granted interview, Yes! he has been granting interviews and yesterday was with hundreds of people presence and millions online and offline through Ajazirah TV.

We have moved on to Building our nation and by the time its officially pronounced we would have a very great functioning states of Biafra, what should bother you is what your country Nigeria will look like after we left, how your relationship with your Masters Hausa/Fulani will be.. so keep being childish

You can never equal or match us in any aspect of life not in this life or next to come, just as its in you to hate and not be able to explain why and how you do that, that's as much and even more it is in us to advance even in adversity, keep it on, bring it on, let the envy and hatred for no reason continue to flow freely because that's how we succeed. All Hail Biafra and lovers of Freedom!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away by IkediiEbube: 7:58am On May 31, 2017
[s]
ExpiredNigeria:

You even exposed yourself, maybe you didn't remember you registered this your account with Igbo Monika (IkediiEbube) to claim sometimes that you're an Igbo who doesn't support Biafra.. very pathetic.

See, my message to all the hating Afonjas we have grown past your hatred, you were busy hating and we're busy advancing and under your very own eyes things you never imagined are happening, we're on the world scale BBC, CNN, Aljazeerah and many more international TV that never talked about us are now eventually on it.

So your fears, your envy and hatred have no meaning to IPOD or Biafra anymore, they never had and will never have, you said Nnamdi Kanu will remain in the prison till heaven come but, we proved you wrong, he was released and you shamelessly started masturbating on his bail terms, trolling on every Biafran/IPOD thread to see if Mazi Nnamdi Kanu was with more than 10 or granted interview, Yes! he has been granting interviews and yesterday was with hundreds of people presence and millions online and offline through Ajazirah TV.

We have moved on to Building our nation and by the time its officially pronounced we would have had a very great functioning states of Biafra, what should bother you is what your country Nigeria will look like after we left, how your relationship with your Masters Hausa/Fulani will be.. so keep being childish

You can never equal or match us in any aspect of life not in this life or next to come, just as its in you to hate and not be able to explain why and how you do that, that's as much and even more it is in us to advance even in adversity, keep it on, bring it on, let the envy and hatred for no reason continue to flow freely because that's how we succeed. All Hail Biafra and lovers of Freedom!
[/s]

God forbid i claim to be Eboe, may i never come from a slave tribe begging for freedom. Is ExpiredNigeria your name? I can use any handle i want so kill yourself if you dont like it. Leave the SW and go form your country, no one is holding you. We have told you animals several times, we all support you and want you to leave. Stop ranting online.
Re: Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away by Trut(m): 8:00am On May 31, 2017
ExpiredNigeria:

We have moved on to Building our nation and by the time its officially pronounced we would have a very great functioning states of Biafra, what should bother you is what your country Nigeria will look like after we left, how your relationship with your Masters Hausa/Fulani will be.. so keep being childish

1000 likes
Re: Biafra Surrender Ojukwu Ran Away by ExpiredNigeria: 8:43am On May 31, 2017
IkediiEbube:
[s][/s]

God forbid i claim to be Eboe, may i never come from a slave tribe begging for freedom. Is ExpiredNigeria your name? I can use any handle i want so kill yourself if you dont like it. Leave the SW and go form your country, no one is holding you. We have told you animals several times, we all support you and want you to leave. Stop ranting online.

Oh coward! no we're not going to leave Lagos, we'll be here even after biafra to do our businesses all we'll need is our legal documents which is our international passport because we'll be the 54 fully recognized sovereign states of African countries and under ECOWAS law we're allowed to do business here in Lagos provided it remains in African soil..

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari To Arrive In Nigeria On July 27 / Any Update On These Ultimatums? / Kogi Worker Resignation, NGO Gifts Him 1million NGN To Start Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.