Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria (721 Views)

Allen Onyema: A United Nigeria Will Be Greater Than Europe / "There Is A United Voice Against Okorocha" – Oyegun / Biafran Jews Mark 50 Years Since Failed Bid For Independence - Times Of Israel (2) (3) (4)

The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by hillsiderfak(m): 11:32am On May 31, 2017
Before southern Sudan was giving independence by the government in Khartoum, the people of southern Sudan where giving a chance to vote if they really wanted to have their own country , I should point out to you that people in southern Sudan also had similar claims like the great people of Eastern Nigeria about being marginalised despite the fact that the bulk of the country's oil ( sudan ) was in the south, they voted and you know the rest. If giving the chance do you think the people of Eastern Nigeria will vote for independence and if other part of Nigeria are told to vote will they vote to let eastern Nigeria be Independence . This process I believe is called a referendum .
Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by icedfire(m): 11:36am On May 31, 2017
hillsiderfak:
Before southern Sudan was giving independence by the government in Khartoum, the people of southern Sudan where giving a chance to vote if they really wanted to have their own country , I should point out to you that people in southern Sudan also had similar claims like the great people of Eastern Nigeria about being marginalised despite the fact that the bulk of the country's oil ( sudan ) was in the south, they voted and you know the rest. If giving the chance do you think the people of Eastern Nigeria will vote for independence and if other part of Nigeria are told to vote will they vote to let eastern Nigeria be Independence . This process I believe is called a referendum .

E no concern the other parts. The referendum will be held in parts of Nigeria that want to go with biafra

Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by blackfase(m): 11:43am On May 31, 2017
...Nigeria is damaged beyond repairs on the UNITY front. Hold those reprobates called politicians responsible.

United Nigeria my bottom....

Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by hillsiderfak(m): 11:53am On May 31, 2017
icedfire:

E no concern the other parts. The referendum will be held in parts of Nigeria that want to go with biafra
I know, but if you had the chance, will you vote For or against their Independence
Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by hillsiderfak(m): 11:58am On May 31, 2017
blackfase:
...Nigeria is damaged beyond repairs on the UNITY front. Hold those reprobates called politicians responsible.

United Nigeria my bottom....
I believe Nigeria's strength ls in her large population and sieze, like countries India and China.
Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by omoharry(f): 12:12pm On May 31, 2017
Nigeria under true federalism is far better than a split up Nigeria...but anything outside from this is, then it would be better the country split between the north and south..the south can now decide if they wish to establish their true federalism where all regions will be responsible for to manage their affair and pay tax to the centre...that is a better picture.

Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by 7lives: 12:31pm On May 31, 2017
omoharry:
Nigeria under true federalism is far better than a split up Nigeria...but anything outside from this is, then it would be better the country split between the north and south..the south can now decide if they wish to establish their true federalism where all regions will be responsible for to manage their affair and pay tax to the centre...that is a better picture.

Nothing like SOUTHERN NIGERIA, let everyone answer their fathers names.
Southern Nigeria will be another opportunity for some normadic tribes to come and turn other people's lands to refugee camps.
Those who want to break the country had better prepare for the aftermaths before pressing the button, a word is enough for the wise.
Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by icedfire(m): 12:33pm On May 31, 2017
hillsiderfak:

I know, but if you had the chance, will you vote For or against their Independence

No not ever!!!you can't get the best out of people when you keep forcing them for over 5o years to do what they don't want to do

Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by blackfase(m): 12:41pm On May 31, 2017
But the countries you mentioned have somehow been able to hold their diverse ethnicities together. Same cant be said of this contraption of ours cos of the disgusting gaggle of our reprobate political monsters in the saddle of her destiny....

hillsiderfak:

I believe Nigeria's strength ls in her large population and sieze, like countries India and China.
Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by blackfase(m): 12:46pm On May 31, 2017
But there lies the tragedy. The reprobates who thinks political power belongs to them, who can make this thing happen without protraction has refused to let go, so theres no other alternative to asking for balkanization of this damned useless contraption.

omoharry:
Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by SHAKABOOM: 1:01pm On May 31, 2017
hillsiderfak:

Fucck the size ad population..Its meant to be an advantage but it's a big disadvantage.
Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by juman(m): 1:06pm On May 31, 2017
No.

I would rather vote for divided Nigeria.

Obviously one Nigeria is a mistake.
Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by hillsiderfak(m): 3:58pm On May 31, 2017
juman:
No.

I would rather vote for divided Nigeria.

Obviously one Nigeria is a mistake.
At this point in time alot of Nigerian want the country to break up, na wa oooo
Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by juman(m): 4:09pm On May 31, 2017
hillsiderfak:

At this point in time alot of Nigerian want the country to break up, na wa oooo

Obviously the country is not good.

Even those military generals that forced one nigeria on the country never believed in one nigeria.
Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by hillsiderfak(m): 4:13pm On May 31, 2017
Sometimes I just don't see a way for one united Nigeria
The character of each ethic group defer so much its hard for most people to accept
Other peoples weakness
Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by Agumbankembu: 4:14pm On May 31, 2017
hillsiderfak:

Population of uneducated backward thinking millions.

Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by joudini(m): 5:44pm On May 31, 2017
hillsiderfak:

People who tote this line, are either obtusely naive or are intentionally deceptive. In Econopolitical theory, population is beneficial only when it serves as an engine for growth. An economy that is depressingly import-dependent and whose source of income is an over reliance on a natural resource is a burden to itself and it's impending doom is assured.

When China and India are used as examples of economy growth, it is largely because of their astounding manufacturing sector and not population.

Be guided accordingly.

Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by DerideGull(m): 5:49pm On May 31, 2017
hillsiderfak:

The referendum should be exclusively for eastern region and Igbo people. You just need take a cue from the Scottish referendum.
Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by hillsiderfak(m): 9:56pm On May 31, 2017
joudini:

People who tote this line, are either obtusely naive or are intentionally deceptive. In Econopolitical theory, population is beneficial only when it serves as an engine for growth. An economy that is depressingly import-dependent and whose source of income is an over reliance on a natural resource is a burden to itself and it's impending doom is assured.

When China and India are used as examples of economy growth, it is largely because of their astounding manufacturing sector and not population.

Be guided accordingly.
Thanks for sharing your views
Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by hillsiderfak(m): 9:58pm On May 31, 2017
I just hope the East doesn't end up like south sudan
Or else the south south should get ready for refugees
Re: The Cry For Independence: Will You Vote For A United Nigeria by Zirah: 10:00pm On May 31, 2017
Whatever. I can't wait for Biafrans to get out!

Hamburger's Wife, Daughter Arrive From Dublin For Burial / Students Union President Of Waziri Federal Poly Kebbi Dies In Accident 2day(pics / Timeline Of June 12 1993 To Gen Sani Abacha Regime /abiola Death & To Domocracy