Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,583 members, 7,861,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:58 PM

Secession Or Federalism, Biafra@50. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Secession Or Federalism, Biafra@50. (373 Views)

Aljazeera:biafra@50 / Pictures Of Foreign Journalists Observing The Biafra@50 Sit At Home Order. / Osinbajo, Obasanjo At Biafra 50 Years After Event In Abuja (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Secession Or Federalism, Biafra@50. by docsamie: 12:42pm On May 31, 2017
I will come in here. I'm a believer in the struggle for secession and the fact that the Ibos have a right to clamour for referendum! True there has been marginalization and it appears the Hausas/Fulani have an endearing feeling they own the country with reference to the political happenings. I must reiterate as I go further that I have utmost respect for the Ibos, having a good number of friends from the region. Need I say that I spent a huge chunk of my years in the region?! To solely lay blames on the Government of Nigeria however, is nothing but being myopic and sentimental about the region's issues. I will give my points on how I believe this fight for secession will yield fruits, probably not for a secession per se, but for true federalism as it were.
The Ibos must first hold their politicians to book. Despite the cry of injustice as regards budgetary allocation, a vast contrast to as why that is responsible for the bane of infrastructural decadence is but a fallacy as Godswill Akpabio after assumption of the office of Governor showed that indeed poor governance and corruption had been the issue and not marginalization!
You scream marginalization, of which I agree with these assertions but go to every corner of this nation and probably the world at large and you will find an Ibo thriving, is there a restriction to their movement or practice of their hustle?!
The popular idea that streams from the ideology that money is taken from your region and used to develop Abuja, I agree with you. Take a trip down here and see how your elite elegantly partake in the high brood places, you will realize when it boils down to money the only marginalization is between the poor and rich. Ask your elites questions!
You say your region hasn't seen development, I was at Ariara( I hope I got the spelling) and Aba at a certain period, the infrastructure was nothing to write home about, are you to blame the Federal govt? That a state government with insight on how to bring up IGR leaves that economic hub in such a state?! If a serious and resourceful minded state government gives adequate attention to those economic beehives who needs "made in China or Italy". Alas the elites in that region still go for the imported!!
So to my fellow countrymen (Ibo friends), let's hold the likes of Rochas', Obianos', Ikpeazus', Ugwuanyis', Wikes', Okowas', Umahis' to book. Should we then let ourselves off the hook? Absolutely No!!!
The Ibos must continue to ensure their messgae is heard, hold their elite and politicians accountable and say no to the dream being hijacked by hooligans and violence. True federalism my prayer however. Peace!!!

(1) (Reply)

Fg Deploys 44 Ambassadors / FAYOSE BLASTS OBASANJO (watch The Video) / Why The South Should Unite Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.