Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

"The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? (2636 Views)

APC Founding Fathers Watching From The Opposition, Sidelined In Ruling Party (pi / Buhari Looks At Images Of AU Founding Fathers In Ethiopia / Market Demolition; Owerri Elders Visit Graveside Of Their Founding Fathers. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 1:59pm On May 31, 2017
If anyone like I did on several occasions have the copy of the founding fathers vision for the Nigerians state please feel free to extend a copy to us, I will be more than grateful.... I will spread it until everyone gets to hear about it, and run with it... The bitter truth of the matter is there was never a vision, it was personal, individual expansion as you are witnessing currently because now you are open to the world.... Their deeds are being exposed by news publications and network world wide Web connections.....

I did a thorough check how our founding fathers conducted THEMSELVES when they got what they were looking for "independency" to run the country and it's people the way they wanted and not allowing the foreigners control their conduct's and application of service... At a time they changed from British system to America system of democracy

Though there is a physical documents to make it look like their Government is pattern to a particular system, the truth is, the Government is run by selfish politicians who only obey when there are pressures​ from the general public... This is a top secret the masses hasn't grab... We can actually force this men to obey what is written in the documents..... But not by physical combat's.... It has nothing to do with wars and fighting, those things will only drive us deeper into more debts and troubles and pains and losses.....

Another truth I do point out to you is that most of the so founding fathers who have been privileged to pilot the affairs of the country have initiated the current politicians you see today piloting the affairs of the country.... That's why it will be very difficult to break away from the system.... They know the more of the land mass, the greater the treasure. What the Northern folks are waiting for is the death of crude oils in the south..... I tell you the waiting will be " till the end of the world....let us all be sincere to one another..

I strongly believe that what the southern part need is to be tamed of their extravaganza, and the North have already copied this dangerous life style of the south..... Wayward spending without investment.....

If the southern government were prudent planner and ready minded folks, you would have seen projects, investments, infrastructures, education centers and discoveries, technical forums and industrial engineering every where in the south... The only thing I see in the southern part is looting and personal enrichment like their forbearers.... It's not different..

Do a thorough research and you will find the same attitude like you are witnessing currently... Talk to your father's, father's talk to your children... It hasn't been working and it wouldn't work... The way you want to pilot the affairs... Follow the documents even when it hurts and it's against your desires... Obey the Constitution, I know that the document were written after several protest and public cry....

I decided to study for myself the visions of our founding fathers and their famous brand of politics. I decided to see their invaluable values and also to see how the deviations of subsequent generations from these values have put us in the sorry state we find ourselves in today. I decided to paint myself a clear picture of the great men that our founding fathers were, through the pages of history. Incidentally I started from the National Anthem at the time which was sung

Nigeria, we hail thee,

Our own dear native land,

Though tribe and tongue may differ,

In brotherhood we stand.

I expected the pages of history to corroborate my social studies classes and all the other stories I had unwittingly absorbed of the founding fathers. A few pages did. Majority told an entirely different story. I was (to say the least) surprised at the type of politics that was practiced under the watch of our founding fathers. The brand of politics was in summary, regional and factional.

Not different from the kind we have today. Corruption was rife and rampant. Nigerian legislators saw their elected offices as a platform to wealth. They earned even more than their British counterparts. I learned that 2 of the 4 most prominent of our founding fathers had allegations of corruption leveled against them by the then Colonial British government and the Nigerian government after independence. Of course this may be irrelevant as they were never convicted but the allegations were indictments on their integrity.

Elections carried out under their watch were rigged with the same impunity we have seen in all subsequent Nigerian elections. Census figures were bloated to gain regional supremacy. Chair throwing in parliament was recorded. Ballot box snatching and stuffing in Nigeria, I found to my surprise was over 4 decades old. Questionable charges were brought against opposition politicians just as mass arrests were carried out as witnessed in successor governments. Blatant lies and violence against each other were the order of the day. Thugs with machetes and sticks were used to intimidate people. More disheartening was that the founding fathers also viewed and treated each other with contempt and disdain. Each with a feeling of intellectual and tribal superiority over the other.

Even more surprising than the brand of politics and allegations of financial impropriety were the utterances credited to some of them. Without linking any of the following utterances directly to any founding father in order to maintain objectivity, I have brought a few into this piece.

“Nigerian unity is only a British intention for the country. It is artificial, and ends outside this chamber!”

“I have one advice to give to our politicians. If they have decided to destroy our national unity, then they should summon a round-table conference to decide how our national assets should be divided before they seal their doom by satisfying their lust for office.

I make this suggestion because it is better for us and many admirers abroad that we should disintegrate in peace and not in pieces. Should the politicians fail to heed this warning, then I will venture the prediction that the experience of the Democratic Republic of the Congo will be a child’s play if ever it comes to our turn to play such a tragic role.”

“Nigeria is not a nation. It is a mere geographical expression. There are no ‘Nigerians’ in the same sense as there are ‘English,’ ‘Welsh,’ or ‘French.’ The word ‘Nigerian’ is merely a distinctive appellation to distinguish those who live within the boundaries of Nigeria and those who do not.”

These quotes I found to be very bigoted and unworthy of any statesman let alone our much admired founding fathers. There would never have been any justification for these illicit statements. What manner of statesmen would hold such views on a nation they helped build? It is comments like these, over half a century old, that go some way in explaining the massacres of Nigerians by Nigeria

1 Like

Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by Arda1000(m): 4:22pm On May 31, 2017
We do have founding corruption father's

6 Likes

Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 4:34pm On May 31, 2017
Check out
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 8:23pm On May 31, 2017
Yes
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 7:02am On Jun 01, 2017
Of course
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by tinkinjow: 8:04am On Jun 01, 2017
I had a disagreement with someone about that too. There's nothing like that.

1 Like

Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by DocHMD: 8:10am On Jun 01, 2017
Na only cantankerous ewedu muslims and abokii gworoes dey deceive themselves with the useless 'vision of our founders'. Abeg Which founders? the ones wey dey crush gworo as people dey die abi the one wey run go embrace rat poison when Khaki men wan put am for sanko?

Abeg laugh no gree me. grin

founder ko...Fundus ni grin grin

5 Likes

Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by ReubenE(m): 8:58am On Jun 01, 2017
The paragraph before the last one is a famous quote by Obafemi Awolowo.
I can tell you that he is right to have said what he said.
The tone of the article tried to blame him but I want to ask, isn't it the same reason a section of the country is agitating for separation?
Isn't it the same reason we kill ourselves on daily basis because we don't see ourselves as Nigerians?
Isn't it the same reason why there is widespread nepotism, hate, intolerance in the country today?
Indeed, Nigeria is a distinctive appellation used to describe those living within this territory from others who are not.

The problem with Nigeria and Nigerians is that we do what we condemn.

I have lived in the North, in the east, all my life in the west, and my native south, we all hate, victimize, refuse to see ourselves as same people united by one country.
We turn around and blame our neighbours for same thing we do.

Until when we stop offending the wrong person, and begin to tell ourselves the truth that we all deserve to change at the ethnic level, we'll continue to go in circles.

Lastly, I'm surprised it took the OP this long to realize Nigeria is founded on fraud and it is what it is today because of what it is founded to be.

4 Likes

Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 10:36am On Jun 01, 2017
ReubenE:
The paragraph before the last one is a famous quote by Obafemi Awolowo.
I can tell you that he is right to have said what he said.
The tone of the article tried to blame him but I want to ask, isn't it the same reason a section of the country is agitating for separation?
Isn't it the same reason we kill ourselves on daily basis because we don't see ourselves as Nigerians?
Isn't it the same reason why there is widespread nepotism, hate, intolerance in the country today?
Indeed, Nigeria is a distinctive appellation used to describe those living within this territory from others who are not.

The problem with Nigeria and Nigerians is that we do what we condemn.

I have lived in the North, in the east, all my life in the west, and my native south, we all hate, victimize, refuse to see ourselves as same people united by one country.
We turn around and blame our neighbours for same thing we do.

Until when we stop offending the wrong person, and begin to tell ourselves the truth that we all deserve to change at the ethnic level, we'll continue to go in circles.

Lastly, I'm surprised it took the OP this long to realize Nigeria is founded on fraud and it is what it is today because of what it is founded to be.

You got me there

It was a chance to share it here........ Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
Welcome
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by Curlieweed: 5:50pm On Jun 01, 2017
Lightblazingnow

When you hear criminals in power talking grandiloquently about the "vision of the founding fathers" , they actually mean founding farters. They (the founding garters) farted all over the foundation and today the place has fulfilled it's design as a fully matured filthy latrine.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 6:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
Curlieweed:
Lightblazingnow

When you hear criminals in power talking grandiloquently about the "vision of the founding fathers" , they actually mean founding farters. They (the founding garters) farted all over the foundation and today the place has fulfilled it's design as a fully matured filthy latrine.

I am glad you know.......

Thanks man
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by Unimaginable123: 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nigeria doesn't have founding fathers.
Nigeria was founded by Lord lugard and his girlfriend alone in 1914

4 Likes

Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 8:16pm On Jun 01, 2017
Unimaginable123:
Nigeria doesn't have founding fathers.
Nigeria was founded by Lord lugard and his girlfriend alone in 1914

Great
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 6:24pm On Jun 02, 2017
Sure
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2017
Nothing
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by leofab(f): 6:10pm On Jun 03, 2017
Where is our president ?
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by Desyner: 6:31pm On Jun 03, 2017
OP has his points but there were exceptions imagine the idea of industrial estates as mapped out by Awolowo was followed up. That would have created a platform for separation of industries or production hubs from the largely consumption based populace of today. Some of them meant well and had good visions.
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 6:48pm On Jun 03, 2017
leofab:
Where is our president ?
this guy again

My brother how are you today??
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by leofab(f): 7:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
lightblazingnow:
this guy again

My brother how are you today??
am fine sir; have you heard from him?
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by dodelight(m): 7:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
Yeah! The Nigerians' Dream never exists. Yet some think this unreliable contraption should not be negotiated.

1 Like

Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 10:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
leofab:
am fine sir; have you heard from him?

Get well soon
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by leofab(f): 12:46am On Jun 04, 2017
lightblazingnow:

Get well soon
same here.
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 7:58am On Jun 04, 2017
leofab:
same here.

Blessings
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 7:59am On Jun 04, 2017
dodelight:
Yeah! The Nigerians' Dream never exists. Yet some think this unreliable contraption should not be negotiated.

Not just Nigeria....... Africa

1 Like

Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by Sweetguy25: 9:12am On Jun 04, 2017
Azikiwe had a vision for Nigeria. Others had a vision for their ethnic people.
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by juman(m): 9:36am On Jun 04, 2017
From the beginning nigeria was a bad country.

There was never a country.

The country would surely break up at a point.

1 Like

Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 11:28am On Jun 04, 2017
Sweetguy25:
Azikiwe had a vision for Nigeria. Others had a vision for their ethnic people.
written vision

Actions
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 11:29am On Jun 04, 2017
juman:
From the beginning nigeria was a bad country.

There was never a country.

The country would surely break up at a point.

Yes
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 8:22am On Jun 05, 2017
Of course
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 5:58pm On Jun 05, 2017
Yes lord
Re: "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? by lightblazingnow(m): 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2017
Not sure

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking: Nigerians To Overtake India As World Poorest People / PHOTOS: Osinbajo On An Official Visit To Kano State. / Breaking New.:lockdown Had Been Extended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.