Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,028 members, 7,956,811 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:41 PM

TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials (1209 Views)

FCTA Fumigates Schools, Distributes Face Masks, Sanitiser / Photos Of Kids In Public Schools In Different Countries Eating Lunch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by omoalajah(m): 3:10pm On May 31, 2017
Children’s day is all about celebrating the innocence and place of every child in the society. The celebration is also about reminding ourselves, the importance of giving every child the right kind of knowledge for critical thinking and confidence, self-expression and determination, so that they can grow as healthy and educated citizens of the country. In line with this, teaching every child the important values of sharing and caring, the principles of being content, respecting others for who they are and learning from others what they do know; are key to seeing every child becoming the impeccably groomed gentlemen and ladies the society needs.

Understanding the vulnerability and receptive nature of children, and conscious that whatever becomes of them through the lessons they learn from their young age largely live with them even as adults, TECNO Foundation - a non-profit organization, has distributed over 10,000 educational materials to Pupils in various Primary schools across the country. This was done in collaboration with TalentBOOM, also a non-profit initiative that shares the same ideas of promoting grassroot education and child development.

Speaking on the initiative, TECNO’s Deputy Marketing manager - PR, Offline events and Sponsorships, Attai Oguche, reiterated the brand’s promise to inspire learning at the developmental stage of every Nigerian child. In his words: “We cannot ignore the fact that every child needs quality education in building the future workforce of our nation. TECNO Mobile is dedicated in building Nigeria’s educated future and the prosperity of the African continent”.

This year’s Children’s Day celebrations marks the fourth consecutive year TECNO Mobile is undertaking this initiative through her Foundation to support education at the grassroot level, as part of its annual Corporate social responsibilities. The activities marking the year’s celebrations will culminate in the awarding of scholarships and TECNO Mobile smartphones to deserving pupils in Primary and secondary schools across the country. TECNO Mobile is a leading producer of in-demand, high-end mobile phones. Founded in 2006, the company has since become a strong force; the mobile technology brand at the forefront of making smartphones available and accessible to every African.

Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by enny66(m): 4:04pm On May 31, 2017
This is a fantastic initiative
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 31, 2017
Hmm, nice one. I love this. A very applaudable CSR
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by Oladipo1166(m): 7:47pm On May 31, 2017
techno giving 20leaves....... with all huge amount we pay on all ur product we buy.
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by Oladipo1166(m): 7:58pm On May 31, 2017
techno giving 20leaves....... with d huge amount we pay on all ur product we buy.
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 31, 2017
Oladipo1166:
techno giving 20leaves....... with d huge amount we pay on all ur product we buy.

How many of their product have you bough?
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 31, 2017
Oladipo1166:

How many of their product have you bought?
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by Oladipo1166(m): 8:21pm On May 31, 2017
dushboss:

How many of their product have you bought?
many....I just pity the 4t comin generation....
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by paolokonqueror(m): 2:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
This is very beautiful!!!! Kudos to Tecno, a lovely initiative.
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by dejiWEST: 2:41pm On Jun 02, 2017
This happened on Children's day? Awwww way to go, we should have more of these things, would be good for all
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by DavidoArsenal(m): 2:48pm On Jun 02, 2017
These things that they distributed will definitely go a long way. You'll be surprised the number of students in school that can't afford any stationery at all.
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by dejiWEST: 3:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
A very fantastic one I must say, other brands need to emulate this
enny66:
This is a fantastic initiative
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by DavidoArsenal(m): 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
Yup!! We hope to see many more of this from the brand, makes me know there's still hope for humanity
funmyade:

1 Like

Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 03, 2017
DavidoArsenal:
Yup!! We hope to see many more of this from the brand, makes me know there's still hope for humanity

Tecno is taking a lead in CSR in education. I hope others take a cue.
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by dejiWEST: 9:22am On Jun 05, 2017
Tecno deserves to be applauded for this, this is one for the books smiley smiley
funmyade:
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by dejiWEST: 9:23am On Jun 05, 2017
You what are you giving? Appreciate the people that are at least doing something for these people, Haba! You people and negativity ehn
Oladipo1166:
techno giving 20leaves....... with all huge amount we pay on all ur product we buy.
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by Oladipo1166(m): 8:35pm On Jun 05, 2017
dejiWEST:
You what are you giving? Appreciate the people that are at least doing something for these people, Haba! You people and negativity ehn
m an educationist.
I av done things far better than this.
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by DavidoArsenal(m): 8:43am On Jun 06, 2017
I agree oh, other brands need to learn how to give back like this
funmyade:

Tecno is taking a lead in CSR in education. I hope others take a cue.
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by dejiWEST: 8:46am On Jun 06, 2017
Then be humble, don't go around trying to rubbish the good Tecno is doing, as someone that's in the system, I expected a lot from you not what you're saying

Oladipo1166:

m an educationist.
I av done things far better than this.
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2017
DavidoArsenal:
I agree oh, other brands need to learn how to give back like this

Target audience is also important. Education is key
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2017
dejiWEST:
Tecno deserves to be applauded for this, this is one for the books smiley smiley

Education is very important in the life of an individual.
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by DavidoArsenal(m): 3:42am On Jun 30, 2017
Yeahhh Education is very important and it's good to see Tecno show they appreciate it
funmyade:

Target audience is also important. Education is key
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by DavidoArsenal(m): 3:43am On Jun 30, 2017
Of course it is, glad they acknowledged the way they did

funmyade:

Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by dejiWEST: 10:23am On Jun 30, 2017
You can say that again, I just feel they should be given credit when due and this is one of those instances
funmyade:

Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 27, 2017
DavidoArsenal:
Yeahhh Education is very important and it's good to see Tecno show they appreciate it

a big kudos to them for that
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by DavidoArsenal(m): 12:12am On Jul 29, 2017
True! It's not an easy feat
funmyade:

a big kudos to them for that

1 Like

Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by shiftback: 7:58am On Jul 29, 2017
DavidoArsenal:
True! It's not an easy feat
I had no idea TECNO has a Foundation. They seem to take giving back seriously.
Re: TECNO Foundation Visits Kids In Schools; Distributes Educational Materials by DavidoArsenal(m): 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
True that! Their nice gestures will go a long way
shiftback:

I had no idea TECNO has a Foundation. They seem to take giving back seriously.

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Best And Cheapest Accomodation: Aiskworld Apartments And Lodge (hostel)!! / University Of Lagos And Mountain Top University Make Giant Strides In Geoscience / Result Of Meeting Held By NEC For WAEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.