|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,755,081 members, 6,544,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021 at 03:45 AM
The Best Investment Platform You Should Consider / Why You Should Consider Www.nairaswipe.com As Your Best Fit Exchange In Nigeria / 5 Things To Consider Before Investing Fund In A Business (2) (3) (4)
|Why You Should Consider Freelancing In 2017 by be29(m): 3:23pm On May 31, 2017|
Recession, increase in dollar rate, inflation and so many other factors that affect this country this year, is enough reason for one to have a passive or steady flow of income. But how do you get a passive income in this country when getting a job is hard.
Technology has made the world an easier place to live and work. It is overturning the traditional structure of everything. Online freelancing which is fueled by technology allows business to extend their workforce by hiring freelancers. This supplements the duties of the core staffs with online talents who lend their knowledge.Online freelancers come from all walks of life. Gone are the days when freelancing was often seen as a financially unstable and very insecure and risky. Now freelancing is the new normal. All you need is the skill and knowledge of the niche you want to venture into and some other things to make you successful. Freelancing gives you lots of freedom that a regular job can’t, you don’t work to fit into a company’s work schedule or culture, you decide where you want to work from, as well as your workload.
Benefits of freelancing
* You choose when you want to work, and where you want to
* You are your own boss
* The more potential you put into looking for clients means high potential for income.
* Since you are not under any kind of emotional, physical and mental stress, you are less likely to fall sick
You gain experience working in different places.
Tips on being a freelancer
* Act like a business man/woman
* Keep your skills sharp and stay attuned to new ideas
* Expand your network, so as to get your name out there
* Build your portfolio ( personal reference case studies)
* Always get a down payment before starting any task
* Effective communication is very important. It is the best tool. Try as much as possible to maintain an open dialogue with your clients.
* Always understand your clients and have a good working relationship with them
* Distinguish yourself. There are thousands of freelancers, the only way you can be noticed is by showing why you are different from everybody. There lots of sites that gives you opportunities to display your gigs and clients . The sites are
and many more……
Want to learn more about freelancing please download this Extensive Freelance Tutorial Ebook
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37