Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,589 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Arsenal CEO Ivan Gazidis: Wenger's DNA Is The Same DNA As Arsenal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal CEO Ivan Gazidis: Wenger's DNA Is The Same DNA As Arsenal (375 Views)

Unai Emery Sacked As Arsenal Manager / Arsene Wenger: CEO Ivan Gazidis Has 'nothing To Do With Buying Players' / Arsenal CEO Ivan Gazidis's Email To Staff Confirming Wenger's Extension Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal CEO Ivan Gazidis: Wenger's DNA Is The Same DNA As Arsenal by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 31, 2017
Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has insisted that the club believes in Arsene Wenger's ability to win the English Premier League.

In a wide-ranging interview with the club's official website, the Emirates supremo outlined his vision for the future at Arsenal after Wenger signed a new two-year deal with the Gunners.

Ivan, the club and Arsene have signed a new two-year contract. What’s the thinking behind that decision?

"I will start by stating what the ambition is. The ambition is to put this club in a position where we are winning the Premier League, where we are competing to win in Europe and pushing forward. Football is constantly evolving and we need to evolve and move forward and improve with that. That is the objective that the club has, that our owner has, that the board has and that I know Arsène has. Arsène is somebody I have worked with for over eight years now, and I know the quality of the man, I know the quality of him as a football person and I know the quality of him as a human being as well. Those values that he has, those qualities, are world class in every respect. His DNA is the same DNA as this club. He is driven to move forward, he is driven to evolve and he is driven to achieve those objectives of winning for this club and making those fans proud. When you look at the world of football, and you think about the great candidates that there are - and there are many great coaching candidates in the world and Arsenal is a club that all of them would want to work for because of the things we represent in football - but when you look around and make that assessment, you don’t find any better candidates than Arsène Wenger."

According to reports, there was a contract on the table in the autumn. Why didn’t the announcement come earlier than this?

"It is not really a question about contract discussions, that is not the issue here. The issue is a deep conversation on Arsène’s side and on the club’s side about what is right for Arsenal Football Club. It is not about people, it is not about contracts, it is about Arsenal Football Club. It is a very mature conversation that involved conversations between people who have deep respect for each other and who care about the football club, and want too make the right decision to push the club forward towards its goals. That is a decision we wanted to think very deeply about: is this the right decision, both for Arsène and for the club, but above all for the club. That is the reason we have reached the decision we have, because I think on both sides there is a recommitment to the future and to moving the club forward, to evolving and to improving. We have the right person for that and I know Arsène is committed to that. Looking forward this is not a sentimental decision, this is not a backwards-looking decision, this is all about looking forward. Arsene does not look backwards, and neither does this club. We are looking forward and we are confident about the future with Arsene."

It’s a two-year deal. Do you know yet what happens after that?

"We don’t. Football is constantly evolving, constantly changing. This is a two-year deal so we are looking at at least the next two years. Again, at some point of course we will have to transition to the era beyond Arsène and that is not a sentimental connection that we have, that is a connection that is driven by what is best for the football club. I will say this, this is not just the club not being sentimental, this is Arsène not being sentimental either. Arsène would not make this commitment if he did not believe he could push this club forward. That is an assessment we continue too make as we move into the future, and who knows what the future holds."

Click this link http://www.footballmole.com/2017/05/arsenal-ceo-ivan-gazidis-wengers-dna-is.html to complete the interview.

And for more football news, kindly visit [url]FOOTBALLMOLE.COM[/url]

Re: Arsenal CEO Ivan Gazidis: Wenger's DNA Is The Same DNA As Arsenal by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 31, 2017
God will punish you

(1) (Reply)

Pogba Gives Wise Advice To Wonderkid France Team-mates Mbappe And / Fifa.com| FIFA Suspends Sudan For ‘government Interference’ / Leicester In For Iheanacho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.