Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide - Education (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide (275600 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by otokx(m): 10:36am On Nov 18, 2017
Kingsley65:
Pls Mr Otokx, when is the next Merit List likely to come out?

next week but its admission list not merit list.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2017
Kingsley65:
Pls Mr Otokx, when is the next Merit List likely to come out?
I don't understand
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2017
Otokx I heard that lectures are beginning on the 27th How probable is it?
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by otokx(m): 2:25pm On Nov 18, 2017
Fyi0:
Otokx I heard that lectures are beginning on the 27th
How probable is it?

Everything is possible, though there could be about a week variation.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Kingsley65: 3:00pm On Nov 18, 2017
otokx:

next week but its admission list not merit list.
Oh! pardon my ignorance Sir. And thanks for the information. I really appreciate.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by chigalakingsley(m): 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2017
dannyboii1:
congrats to those admitted into mobs.....
please guys can you drop tips on how to prepare well for next jamb

how can we score 300+ in the next utme/post ume

what textbooks are best

help!!!!!

felix00
Donpre
otokx
Don't leave your pastquestions! (tonad 1978-2017)biology,chemistry,physics do from 1978-2017 twice before the exam for mostly biology, physics and chemistry then make sure you revise 1990-2017 for all the 3subjects a week or two weeks prior to the exam.
Finish the whole of your Modern biology textbook twice
The whole of your new school physics textbook twice
The whole of your new school chemistry textbook twice
Have a jotter and jot down main points in every topic in the textbook the 3 textbooks above.
Read your concords in English,noticed something in English, most people always score above 60 in it but you can still try to increase that,make sure you concentrate 100% on the other 3subjects.
Make sure you touch every single topic in biology,chem and physic let the past question be your guide... First read the whole textbook then you start answering the pastquestions so you'll know the wrong answers in it.
I know it's difficult but if you really want above 300 in your post utme and jamb then it should be worth it.
For you to achieve all this you need to start reading now!
Lastly, for the physics and chemistry make sure you keep your scientific calculator aside and use only a pocket calculator for your calculations while doing your pastquestions and answer.
If you do all this you must score above 300 in both exams,emphasis on the"must".

1 Like

Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 18, 2017
otokx:

Everything is possible, though there could be about a week variation.
Please sir, sorry for bothering you
I plan on travelling next week,is it the best thing to do?

I mean I don't want to stay idle there, how long will the online registration take? After the online registration what follows?

Will it be better to travel next two weeks?

Once again please do not mind my seemingly irrelevant questions.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 18, 2017
Chigalakinsley pls is that what you did and what did you score
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by chigalakingsley(m): 3:28pm On Nov 18, 2017
Rachealoduah:
Chigalakinsley pls is that what you did and what did you score
338 utme and 344 post utme...had 225 utme d previous year
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 18, 2017
chigalakingsley:
338 utme and 344 post utme...had 225 utme d previous year
OK thanks I pray for a better score next year.pls how many attempts did you make before making it this time around.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by chigalakingsley(m): 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2017
I've written jamb twice
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
dannyboii1:

what textbooks are best

help!!!!!

felix00
Donpre
otokx
U don't really need alot Just a good team.. to score alot
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2017
chigalakingsley:
I've written jamb twice
me too 2018 will make it the third one,my scores respectively are 194 and 240 I'm very positive I'll have 300+ this time around thanks
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2017
chigalakingsley:

Don't leave your pastquestions! (tonad 1978-2017)biology,chemistry,physics do from 1978-2017 twice before the exam for mostly biology, physics and chemistry then make sure you revise 1990-2017 for all the 3subjects a week or two weeks prior to the exam.
Finish the whole of your Modern biology textbook twice
The whole of your new school physics textbook twice
The whole of your new school chemistry textbook twice
Have a jotter and jot down main points in every topic in the textbook the 3 textbooks above.
Read your concords in English,noticed something in English, most people always score above 60 in it but you can still try to increase that,make sure you concentrate 100% on the other 3subjects.
Make sure you touch every single topic in biology,chem and physic let the past question be your guide... First read the whole textbook then you start answering the pastquestions so you'll know the wrong answers in it.
I know it's difficult but if you really want above 300 in your post utme and jamb then it should be worth it.
For you to achieve all this you need to start reading now!
Lastly, for the physics and chemistry make sure you keep your scientific calculator aside and use only a pocket calculator for your calculations while doing your pastquestions and answer.
If you do all this you must score above 300 in both exams,emphasis on the"must".

thanks alot bro....i Will never forget this...
more power to ur elbow.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by chigalakingsley(m): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2017
Rachealoduah:
me too 2018 will make it the third one,my scores respectively are 194 and 240 I'm very positive I'll have 300+ this time around thanks
That's d spirit..just work hard towards it nd by this time next year jamb will be history.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2017
chigalakingsley:

That's d spirit..just work hard towards it nd by this time next year jamb will be history.
Amen thanks a lot for the write up really helpful
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Tittusstar22(m): 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2017
Hello everyone, those candidates whose caps are still displaying not admitted, what could be the cause? angry
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Donpre(m): 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2017
dannyboii1:

what textbooks are best

help!!!!!

Chigala already said enough. Lemme just add that it won't be easy but the reward would be worth it. It's mostly about the past questions and textbooks combo. Follow Chigala's advice and you will definitely attain 300+

additionally,
When attempting the past questions, ensure you try to score above 80% in every test. Never settle for less

Since you've got less than four months till 2018 utme, I'd say start with your weaknesses. However don't forget to brush up your strengths, say a month to the exams. A very costly mistake I made else my score would have been higher

Lastly, try to join a productive study group like this one, https://www.nairaland.com/3704873/utme-2017-thread-science-jambites It was of great help to me when I needed that extra push. They also helped me understand certain hard concepts I couldn't understand on my own but personal study should always come first

Goodluck mate!

1 Like

Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2017
A very big thanks
Donpre:

Chigala already said enough. Lemme just add that it won't be easy but the reward would be worth it. It's mostly about the past questions and textbooks combo. Follow Chigala's advice and you will definitely attain 300+

additionally,
When attempting the past questions, ensure you try to score above 80% in every test. Never settle for less

Since you've got less than four months till 2018 utme, I'd say start with your weaknesses. However don't forget to brush up your strengths, say a month to the exams. A very costly mistake I made else my score would have been higher

Lastly, try to join a productive study group like this one, https://www.nairaland.com/3704873/utme-2017-thread-science-jambites It was of great help to me when I needed that extra push. They also helped me understand certain hard concepts I couldn't understand on my own but personal study should always come first

Goodluck mate!
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by iyamchee(m): 10:46pm On Nov 18, 2017
Daemonsanti:
please have you paid acceptance fee?
Each faculty has a bank you pay their charges into..... So as to avoid going up and down
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by iyamchee(m): 10:50pm On Nov 18, 2017
Fyi0:

Please sir, sorry for bothering you
I plan on travelling next week,is it the best thing to do?

I mean I don't want to stay idle there, how long will the online registration take? After the online registration what follows?

Will it be better to travel next two weeks?

Once again please do not mind my seemingly irrelevant questions.

It's better to come as soon as you can....
Find a place to stay...... Cause these things take time.....
There's no way you'll get your medicals done the first day you try.....
Also two weeks is too far bro
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 19, 2017
iyamchee:

It's better to come as soon as you can....
Find a place to stay...... Cause these things take time.....
There's no way you'll get your medicals done the first day you try.....
Also two weeks is too far bro
Thanks iyamchee. Has payment of acceptance fee and other online registration started?
I plan on travelling to school by Wednesday, do you think I'll be able to finish the physical and medical clearance within one week?
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by iyamchee(m): 8:55am On Nov 19, 2017
Fyi0:

Thanks iyamchee. Has payment of acceptance fee and other online registration started?
I plan on travelling to school by Wednesday, do you think I'll be able to finish the physical and medical clearance within one week?
Yeah.....
It has started in Ernest.... If you want to finish it within a week it
Depends on you.......
I'm starting tomorrow
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by otokx(m): 10:06am On Nov 19, 2017
Fyi0:

Physical and medical clearance has not started, you have to book online for both and be given an appointment.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 19, 2017
iyamchee:

Yeah.....
It has started in Ernest.... If you want to finish it within a week it
Depends on you.......
I'm starting tomorrow
Thanks a lot

My problem now is how to find temporary accommodation while doing my registration as I find my own accommodation.

Somebody said if I arrive that I should go to boys hostels in uniport and squat.

But seriously I don't know how to go about it.

I would appreciate if you help me
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 19, 2017
otokx:

Physical and medical clearance has not started, you have to book online for both and be given an appointment.
Thanks sir, I appreciate.

Please advise me on how to look for temporary accommodation. When I arrive school, how do I go about?
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by iyamchee(m): 11:36am On Nov 19, 2017
Fyi0:

Thanks a lot

My problem now is how to find temporary accommodation while doing my registration as I find my own accommodation.

Somebody said if I arrive that I should go to boys hostels in uniport and squat.

Let's talk on whatsapp
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by iyamchee(m): 11:37am On Nov 19, 2017
Fyi0:

Thanks a lot

Don't you have family or friends here??....
That would be the best option for you.....
If not hostel Boys go chop you if you enter the wrong hands
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 19, 2017
iyamchee:
Don't you have family or friends here??.... That would be the best option for you..... If not hostel Boys go chop you if you enter the wrong hands
I no get at all.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by otokx(m): 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2017
Where is Sarsay? Tell him to start packing his bags and get set for the unique experience.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by otokx(m): 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2017
Fyi0:

Thanks sir, I appreciate.

Please advise me on how to look for temporary accommodation. When I arrive school, how do I go about?

Is there not a church you belong to? Don't you have tribal affiliations? Nigerians should learn to know how to network, don't rush in till you have concrete accommodation plans. UNIPORT will soon evict everybody from the hostel so as to start reallocating for the new session so don't consider squatting beyond 1 night.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2017
otokx:

Is there not a church you belong to? Don't you have tribal affiliations? Nigerians should learn to know how to network, don't rush in till you have concrete accommodation plans. UNIPORT will soon evict everybody from the hostel so as to start reallocating for the new session so don't consider squatting beyond 1 night.
Okay

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (183) (Reply)

University Of Lagos Post-UTME 2012/2013/admissions - UNILAG / University Of Abuja 2011/2012 Post Ume And Admission Update. / 2015/2016 Lasu 2nd Admission List Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.