Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,085 members, 7,953,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:52 PM

How To Earn Extra Income Through Online Freelancing - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Earn Extra Income Through Online Freelancing (789 Views)

Making Money Through Online Survey / $5000 (1,800,000) From Online Freelancing, How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Earn Extra Income Through Online Freelancing by picasso4u(m): 6:17pm On May 31, 2017
What do you know about Freelancing in Nigeria?

Freelance jobs are taking over the internet today. Many people join the freelancing community on a daily basis and make more money to either support their main source of income or even as their main source of income.
However, succeeding in these situations are not easy as one might think. But In this article, I am going to let out the secrets of being a successful freelancer especially in Nigeria where there are some limitations to how one can interact with the rest of the world or use some internet based services.

I know some of you reading this might not really understand what it means to be a freelancer. Some even go to the extent of understanding freelancing as just freelance writing. Well, there is more to freelance jobs than just writing.
Freelancing is having different jobs or services you offer which are usually based on short-term contracts to anybody at all, it could be to a company or to an individual.
Still confused? Don’t worry! By the time you are done with this article, I assure you that you will grounded as to what freelancing is all about and how to be a successful freelancer in Nigeria.
There are a lot of freelance services out there which one can offer and sometimes it’s difficult to classify them all but in 9jaservices Freelance marketplace we tried to classify them under these main categories

Advertising Services
Business services
Digital Marketing
Fun & Lifestyle
Graphics & Designing
Logo Designs
Music & Audio
Programming & Tech
Video & Animation
Writing & Translation
Others

Some popular freelance jobs include any form of design, web development and programming, writing and content management, video editing, animations, consultancy services, etc

You see? There are really a lot of things you could do to make money online without indulging in any illegal jobs.
However, you don’t just jump into any of these jobs and say that’s what you gonna offer and then, tomorrow you choose the other.

There are things to put into consideration before you jump into freelancing jobs which include:

1. Evaluate yourself and decide on what to offer: You have to take time to evaluate yourself and find out those things that you can offer or sell that is actually worth buying by others. Sometimes, the whole world might not think the same way you do. So, deciding on what to do is one big step to being successful.

2. Setting Apart : I call it setting apart because that’s actually where most people get stuck after being successful with the first stage.
What you have to know, is that for whatever service you are out to offer, there are probably more than a thousand others who are out to do the same thing. So, you have to think of a way to set yourself apart.

It could be by offering the same services some put up for a high amount at a lower price, you can also go as far as marketing or advertising your services using other platforms i.e creating more awareness.

Try to put up a good and clear description of what you do. Also make sure that you provide videos, pictures and testimonies of your previously done jobs. Experience shows that most people actually contact sellers based on their good reputations and what other people have said about them. So always ask your former buyers to make reviews at the completion of each order.

3. Keeping in Touch : You have to always be there whenever your clients need you. A businessman is always mobile and available lest he/she misses business deals and opportunities. Try to always to be available to answer your customer’s questions and tell them all they need to know.

4. Being Real: It’s internet. So a lot of people are still scared of getting scammed and falling into the wrong hands. They need you to be real with them. Use your real pictures as profile display pictures and also use a nice looking display name. Building up your profile is another important thing to consider. It is the first thing a potential client checks when he/she lands to your page. Including some qualifications from Institutions or universities you attended could be advantageous.

5. Don’t be discouraged: You might have been doing all these and still not so much customers are coming your way. Don’t worry! It takes patience. Getting to the top is never a fast trip. It’s always very slow at the start and it gradually grows faster and faster until you even feel you can’t keep up with the pace. Just know that there will be such moments and you should not be discouraged so far you followed all these steps I have outlined.

There are other questions we still have to consider.

Can I do all these in Nigeria?

How do I start?

How do I get paid ? and so on…

To whatever question you might have, we have an answer for you.

9jaservices have thought of a way of making all these possible for all Nigerians and we created a very safe and secured Freelance Marketplace where you can buy and sell any service you want for as low as #1000.

If you are already made up and have all it takes to become a freelancer in Nigeria, just click here . Don’t worry we got you covered and have made everything easy for you.

Please I will appreciate if you could share this article with your friends on social media if you liked it. You can also comment on the comment section below if you have any questions or contributions.

To learn more tips, visit the link below
https://blog.9jaservices.com/money-freelancing-nigeria/
Re: How To Earn Extra Income Through Online Freelancing by picasso4u(m): 6:28pm On May 31, 2017
The best place to earn money online through freelancing is through the various freelance sites.
I've used a lot of them but the best I've seen is 9jaservices, a site where you can sell and buy services.

Below are the major strengths of 9jaservices

1. It is tailored to our native environment
Exploring the site categories of jobs will definitely point this out as it includes categories peculiar to our society here.
The site also have a location based categories to assist participants post jobs that are location based.
Are we following?

2. Participants can both post a job they can perform and post a job they are looking for.
While most freelance site either allow you to post jobs you can perform so clients contact you or post jobs you are looking for so freelancers contact you
9jaservices allows you post jobs you can perform or request for a custom job

3. Since it is Nigerian based, you have no problem with payment methods unlike fiverr where you have to tweak your system IP address in order to use paypal.

4. There is no risk of doing a job only for the client to say he is not interested again or the client paying for a service and the freelancer not performing the job.
The site took care of these situations.

As we can see, the site support both mobile and desktop devices, hence another strength
So... The basic question is how does the site function...
How can someone start earning there.

Simply, to earn, you register here http://www.9jaservices.com and create a service that you can perform.
Services include those listed previously and they are arranged in categories in the site.
So let's take it step by step
To register, click on register, fill in your username and email.
A password will be sent to your email which you should change after login in

To create a service or job that you can perform, click on 'sell service' at the top of the page, then you will fill in the following details

The service title... This appears on the home page or category page
The service image
The service description
The length of time it will take you to complete the job
The amount
Any further information

After successfully creating a service, the service appears on the 'latest service' column on the home page.

Services, I repeat are the skills you have like designing and writing that you want people to contact you for
I even saw something like 'I can solve your mathematics problems for you'...
And when people have maths problems, they simply contact the guy and he earns

At this point, we have learnt how to register and create a service...
Let's continue then
When a visitor opens the site and clicks on your service, a page opens that shows all the details of the service.
The potential client can either contact you to discus with you on the site or purchase the service directly
Re: How To Earn Extra Income Through Online Freelancing by picasso4u(m): 6:32pm On May 31, 2017
At this point, let us understand how the site function
When the potential client purchases the job, he pays immediately to the company site and an order is created for the job.
The client can chat with the seller and track the progress of the job within the duration of the job
Once the job is completed and delivered to the client, the client indicates he has received the job and is satisfied and only then, is the sellers account credited.
So, you can simply sell your services there and start earning immediately
The company is serving as an intermediator
The site also permits you to share your jobs to your social media accounts so that your friends can see it and purchase from you.

To learn more, visit the site and you can start earning immediately.
http://www.9jaservices.com

Re: How To Earn Extra Income Through Online Freelancing by nellykingz(m): 9:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
This is really interesting! Have checked it out and it's worth giving a shout out..Kudos!

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For A Customer Care Representative / Euro Global Foods And Distilleries Limited Fresh Job Recruitment ---{6 Positions / Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Massive Staff Recruitment (44 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.