Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? (1671 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Said Yoruba Holds The Key To Nigeria's Disintegration / The Only Tribe In Africa Colonized By Another African Tribe / RUGA: The Only Tribe Fulani Fear In Nigeria Is Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by Cooly100: 7:43pm On May 31, 2017
I have gone through several online media and found that the Yorubas, out of the 260 known ethnic groups in Nigeria, are the ONLY tribe very angry about Nigeria breaking up. From Nairaland, Facebook, Whatsup, Instagram, newsprint online media, and even on physical level.

Could people state why this is so. We learn in this process. Please no insults..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by Brooke60(f): 7:45pm On May 31, 2017
Cooly100:
I have gone through several online media and found that the Yorubas, out of the 260 known ethnic groups in Nigeria, are the ONLY tribe very angry about Nigeria breaking up. From Nairaland, Facebook, Whatsup, Instagram, newsprint online media, and even on physical level.

Could people state why this is so. We learn in this process. Please no insults..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by CaptainGOOD: 7:53pm On May 31, 2017
I tire

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by amc: 8:04pm On May 31, 2017
If that is the case, then it should be a walk in the park to achieve the disintegration in the house of assembly since Yoruba legislators will be in the minority. Let the legislative process begin.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by Firgemachar: 8:09pm On May 31, 2017
amc:
If that is the case, then it should be a walk in the park to achieve the disintegration in the house of assembly since Yoruba legislators will be in the minority. Let the legislative process begin.

God bless you, my brother!

flatiyeasterners are so afraid of their abokki masters that to accuse or confront them verbally is a big challenge.

They'll rather howl senselessly at their benign Yoruba masters, instead.

Quite pathetic!!

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by conductor2: 8:13pm On May 31, 2017
Firgemachar:

flatiyeasterners are so afraid of their abokki masters that to accuse or confront them verbally is a big challenge.

Quite pathetic!!
Address the question. Northerners are mostly indifferent. I've seen many of them saying Igbos should go.

Why are the algae-eating people of s.waste hating on Igbos their masters and still afraid to let them go?

22 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by TheKingdom: 8:15pm On May 31, 2017
That's because Yoruba don't want to something difficult, that is, to create and sustain their own nation with their own abilities, and of course, come out worse than Arewa and Biafra.

That stress alone is not what they want, because that would limit their parties, time to chase babes, time to be begging and prostrating here and there, and they cannot shout at Easterners in Lagos because of condition.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by Cooly100: 8:20pm On May 31, 2017
Firgemachar:

Quite pathetic!!

North ready for Nigeria’s breakup –Prof. Ango Abdullahi, Northern Elders’ spokesman
— 5th February 2017

Is the North really ready for dissolution?

Absolutely, absolutely, we are. It all depends on the selfish way people want to negotiate. I am 78 now and I also went to the only university in the country at the time in Ibadan. Nobody can tell me about the history of this country. I know a lot about it because I was very much awake and a grown up person to know what happened. The people who argued for the creation of states in 1966/67 are the same people today who are asking for the restructuring of Nigeria with particular preference for regional arrangements.

Why is the North ready for dissolution? What are the indices?

The biggest indices other Nigerians do not want Nigeria; so I don’t see why the North should insist on having Nigeria. That is the biggest index I have. And this is on the basis of the recent statements. The Nigerian elite are the ones undermining the existence of the country and as long as they remain in the fore-front as elite and politicians, so long as we are going to have problems, so long will Nigeria not have the rapid development that we had hoped to when we got independence in 1960.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unity beggar...Can you see what your masters are saying....You have not still revealled why you guys are stuck with tis One Nigeria till, when all have agreed it is not working.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by absoluteSuccess: 8:24pm On May 31, 2017
Because the Yoruba will be at the receiving end of your tirades of hate should anything go wrong with your plans. Don't cry that Yorubaman betray you: win your country this time around.

Excuse me, why are you searching for Yoruba opinion when you should be worrying about what is the best for your future country? If Yoruba is your nightmare, it will always be.

You won't have Yoruba there in biafra, why not be happy just about that? !ut your hate will be for the poor Osu caste without any saviour.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:26pm On May 31, 2017
Simply because they 're cowards

13 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by Firgemachar: 8:58pm On May 31, 2017
conductor2:

Address the question. Northerners are mostly indifferent. I've seen many of them saying Igbos should go.

Why are the algae-eating people of s.waste hating on Igbos their masters and still afraid to let them go?

You are a pathetic liar!

You and I know that northern leaders led by rtd northern military officers are staunchly against the break up of the country and not the inconsequential northern masses who gain next to nothing from the union.

Igbos want their Yoruba masters to fight their abokki masters for them so that they have Biafra while you sit and watch.

Impossicant!

You must fight Biafra 2.0 all alone once again.

Hhahahahaha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by Firgemachar: 9:06pm On May 31, 2017
Cooly100:

North ready for Nigeria’s breakup –Prof. Ango Abdullahi, Northern Elders’ spokesman
— 5th February 2017

Is the North really ready for dissolution?

Absolutely, absolutely, we are. It all depends on the selfish way people want to negotiate. I am 78 now and I also went to the only university in the country at the time in Ibadan. Nobody can tell me about the history of this country. I know a lot about it because I was very much awake and a grown up person to know what happened. The people who argued for the creation of states in 1966/67 are the same people today who are asking for the restructuring of Nigeria with particular preference for regional arrangements.

Why is the North ready for dissolution? What are the indices?

The biggest indices other Nigerians do not want Nigeria; so I don’t see why the North should insist on having Nigeria. That is the biggest index I have. And this is on the basis of the recent statements. The Nigerian elite are the ones undermining the existence of the country and as long as they remain in the fore-front as elite and politicians, so long as we are going to have problems, so long will Nigeria not have the rapid development that we had hoped to when we got independence in 1960.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unity beggar...Can you see what you master are saying....You have not still revealled why you guys are stuck with tis One Nigeria till, when all have agreed it is not working.

I have lost count of how many times Afenifere has called for break up if the country cant be restructured.

Yorubas have been at forefront of restructuring/break up of the country from time immemorial.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by najoke: 9:09pm On May 31, 2017
Kikikiki… .this Biafuros are funny… .when we Afonja say we hold the key to your freedom una think say na lie… ..this thread alone has confirmed it again angry grin grin angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by deedeedee1: 9:11pm On May 31, 2017
Now i believe that the many igbo people is sick. You guys have been opening stupid threads everywhere. Who told you yoruba people are stopping you from having your country? Why cant you guys make a point without mentioning yoruba? Have you seen a yoruba person threaten you with a gun because of biafra? Many yoruba politicians(even more than the igbo's) have come out to support your country. Cant you guys hold your leaders responsible? Why are you guys really obsessed with yoruba people? With the way you disgrace yourselves on the net, i wonder if you can survive without yoruba if you eventually secede.
SMH!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by nwabobo: 9:12pm On May 31, 2017
Cooly100:

If Biafra leaves, the Yorubas will also ask to leave. Remember democracy is a game of numbers and they will be reduced to a great minority against the North.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by eniwhy: 9:18pm On May 31, 2017
Arewa people are ready to go now, all the notherner governors are in process to discover oil in North. Some are willing to go. Oil exploration has begun there.
Cooly100:

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by TheKingdom: 10:27pm On May 31, 2017
deedeedee1:
Now i believe that the many igbo people is sick. You guys have been opening stupid threads everywhere. Who told you yoruba people are stopping you from having your country? Why cant you guys make a point without mentioning yoruba? Have you seen a yoruba person threaten you with a gun because of biafra? Many yoruba politicians(even more than the igbo's) have come out to support your country. Cant you guys hold your leaders responsible? Why are you guys really obsessed with yoruba people? With the way you disgrace yourselves on the net, i wonder if you can survive without yoruba if you eventually secede.
SMH!!!

The question is why are Yoruba the ONLY tribe incensed about Nigeria disintegration, not about Igbo or Biafra. I think I know one possible answer to the question, and that, Yoruba don't have reading comprehension

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by Cooly100: 11:37pm On May 31, 2017
deedeedee1:
SMH!!!

What is Biafra...Who coined it..The Hausas or the Ijaws?
Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by maximilano: 2:17am On Jun 01, 2017
The Northerners don't have time for social media, they're only concerned about voting during elections and their transistor radios....Lol.
Other tribe's {mainly SW, SE, SS} dominate the social media sphere. Most of the times the SE and SS are usually on the same page while the SW rarely does, making it look like the SW is always against the SE and SS. This has even degenerated to bigotry over time with accusations on both sides especially when there is a counter opinion on an issue that affects one side.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by ThatIgboBoy: 4:26am On Jun 01, 2017
Firgemachar:

You are a pathetic liar!

You and I know that northern leaders led by rtd northern military officers are staunchly against the break up of the country and not the inconsequential northern masses who gain next to nothing from the union.

Igbos want their Yoruba masters to fight their abokki masters for them so that they have Biafra while you sit and watch.

Impossicant!

You must fight Biafra 2.0 all alone once again.

Hhahahahaha

Did i hear u say they gain next to nothing?

Who is gaining more from the quota system bullshit?

Check out the common entrance entrance scores and compare it with that of states from other regions in the country

Check out the civil service

When u are done,u will find out that this cesspit called Nigeria is structured to suit them
Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by rfnextar(m): 5:52am On Jun 01, 2017
is it a must for Yoruba's to join your cause for Biafra declaration?
because Biafra is already a divided nation. for instance if Biafra is declared independent, Rivers state will want to be the capital and the war will now start internally.
Yorubas are the most united in this country take it or leave it, there is no place you can see another version of Yoruba because we are one unlike IBO's claiming south south, Niger delta and so on
So leave Yoruba alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by xnsandrxns: 9:42am On Jun 01, 2017
I keep wondering where this illusion is coming from.
You guys think the Yorubas care if you stay or leave
The majority of them actually want you out, but won't ask you to leave until you say you do.
But know you are leaving for good and empty handed too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by irrefragable: 10:53am On Jun 01, 2017
conductor2:

Oh please stop posting this picture of algea-looking ewedu, you want someone to vomit?
Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by orisa37: 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
Oduduwa owns Nigeria. Igbo was originally a firm-farm of Yoruba A wicked one fled with the herb "Igbo: r:m" across the Niger to the present Igbo location. So "Igbo: d:d" is a recalcitrant Yoruba son smoking and trading in"Igbo: r:m'.
Now, Yoruba wish to recolonise Igbos and ween them off Igbo-r:m
Re: Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? by pazienza(m): 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
The Northern upper class, their bourgeoisie, they don't want Nigeria disintegration.

The Northern middle class are divided 50-50 between Nigeria disintegration and unity

The Northern lower class don't care about Nigeria unity or disintegration.

The Yoruba Bourgeoisie, Middle class and lower class all Care about Nigeria unity.

They don't want Nigeria disintegration. Though unlike the Northern bourgeoisie, they are not ready to die defending Nigerian unity, they would only defend it as long as it doesn't involve sacrificing their lives.

There you have it.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Restructuring And Secession In Nigeria? / Photos: Gang Of Eight Drug Dealers Including Two Nigerians Jailed For Over 30yrs / Photos: Shia Women Murdered By Evil Tyrant Buhari In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.