Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,746 members, 7,837,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments (16448 Views)

Midland Savings And Loans Bank In Trouble Over Assault On Nursing Mother / CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest / Bill Gates To Repay Nigeria’s $76m Polio Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by omenkaLives(m): 8:00am On Jun 01, 2017
Mynd44:
So a rep of the bank came out to make this BS statement and for some reason, his backside was not fired and also a overhaul was not ordered into the operations of that branch? What is wrong with this country?

These guys just admitted that they have not been properly doing their job when it comes to investigating those who apply for loans. How can a businessman act like a farmer to ask for a loan and you did not know? Did you have discussions with him about his plans for the farm, the different farming techniques the challenges and he aced it? Questions only a farmer will know. So someone claims to be a bean (for example) farmer and he will know how many weeks it takes a particular strain of beans to grow? Or the expected weight of a chicken at 12 weeks?

Dont they go with them to their farms to do assessment and follow up assessment? So when the diversion of funds start (for farmers but got "better ideas" and decided to go into business)

Have they tried people who divert such loans in court? Have they sent the EFCC after the criminal people who take loans and not pay back? What is wrong with these people?
Sir, with due respect to you, all this your diplomatic yarns na BS to me.

Right now I have one thing and one thing only on my mind when it comes to these guys and that is to have them guys gett the hell out our country.

No ban me o.

Good morning.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by eezeribe(m): 8:05am On Jun 01, 2017
new2012:

Who fired you for pushing the false news on supreme court decision on PDP to front page? You were jubilating on the thread of false news- were you fired?
No chill... Lol
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by modik(m): 8:06am On Jun 01, 2017
despicable tho!

....And this is the only SE news making FP since May 30?

SMH @ calculated Western Media blackout of a worthy course!
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 01, 2017
defashan:

Tribal bigots?? The observations was made by an ibo man. What are you talking about?

It's very obvious. The northerners have great expanse of land and are well into agriculture which the ibos do not engage in.

The ibo man is mainly into trading and not agriculture. How can they give out loans without investigating properly? Where is the land to engage in such?

They should be identified and made to cough out the loans.

Good....
The "tribal bigot was quoted because he generalized on a region rather than the individuals"...

Even if he is an ibo man, him being coerced or willing to make such statement on generalizing a region makes him tribal. He should be sanctioned for such same as Emir sanusi was sanctioned when he made bad remarks about the north..

If they had singled out they are rich business men, then why the generalizing?.

You have stated clearly the ibos dont engage in agriculture meaning very well, the ratio of loans would differ from other groups, also meaning the poor and average dont have access to the loans.

The only reason they are clamouring on the dailies is because they know their cohorts whom they have given the loan to and not able to retrive it.. why then use SE?
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by maclatunji: 8:07am On Jun 01, 2017
Alitair:
undecided
I honestly haven't heard that banks grant loans and u a chop their money and go scot free... This one that man is saying is either a big lie or an unreasearched fact..

Plz how do I go about getting my own loan?

Are you a student? Are you in a Management related course? You should have read NERFUND and other government funds borrowed and never repaid by so-called big men as far back as the early 90s.

1 Like

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Oblang(m): 8:09am On Jun 01, 2017
Tkester:
Just like the news that Jamb arrested over 10000 student for exam malpractice in Anambra. This news will also be debunked in coming days.

I've noticed that since yesterday the Lagos-Ibadan gutter media has gone into the overdrive, trying to belittle the success of our seat at home protest, and will lay hands on any garbage they find to make it look like we are not a special people.

Well, the truth is that no amount of smear campaign or even scare mongering is going to deter The spirit of Biafra that has be resurrected.

People, we are Igbos and we succeed in everything we do!!!!

U ppl are just pathetic. U must have someone else to blame for ur short comings. When same so called lagos Ibadan media bring bad news abt osun, u all will start masturbating on it....can't wait for u to be given ur biabia country....

3 Likes

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by LexngtonSteele: 8:10am On Jun 01, 2017
omenkaLives:
Sir, with due respect to you, all this your diplomatic yarns na BS to me.

Right now I have one thing and one thing only on my mind when it comes to these guys and that is to have them guys gett the hell out our country.

No ban me o.

Good morning.

grin grin grin

Deep down, Mynd44's & everyone reading this knows this. ... the manager didn't lie.

But we don't like to tell ourselves the truth in being "diplomatic"

No one likes to rent out properties to them. We know they ALWAYS default on whatever the terms & conditions. Heard this in Senegal & Burkina Faso. They won't rent out to you as a Nigerian, you would be chased with batons and cudgels if you have a SEast sounding name. That's just the plain truth.

Few weeks back....wasn't it an IPoB couple who decided to rape and blackmail a fellow NDi's wife so as not to pay back a loan?

Oya. ...put me in the cell next to Omenka!

4 Likes

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Manweyfitquarel(m): 8:11am On Jun 01, 2017
Tkester:
Just like the news that Jamb arrested over 10000 student for exam malpractice in Anambra. This news will also be debunked in coming days.

I've noticed that since yesterday the Lagos-Ibadan gutter media has gone into the overdrive, trying to belittle the success of our seat at home protest, and will lay hands on any garbage they find to make it look like we are not a special people.

Well, the truth is that no amount of smear campaign or even scare mongering is going to deter The spirit of Biafra that has be resurrected.

People, we are Igbos and we succeed in everything we do!!!!

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by hardbody: 8:11am On Jun 01, 2017
Jaideyone:
fraudsters grin

ipob fraudsters

I have a Yoruba businesswoman that my company provided a credit guarantee for on this same BOI. I am perfecting a debenture at the CAC so i can sell all her assets including her silly fat ass. From day one she had no intention of repaying a loan of N80m only

I am not talking here say, it's an account i am overseeing.

My point? There are cheats and fraudsters everywhere and it's not about creed , tribe or color
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Apel147(m): 8:15am On Jun 01, 2017
Why do u guys generalize the whole north but don't do same for the south? We are too quick to bring tribal sentiments to every thread, haba black man!

Esseite:
Tribal bigots thread..... who generalizes on a whole region... what is the ratio of agric loan for south east compared to the north?... if you have loan defaulters, you go after them individually not to generalize on a region despite claiming from the article they are rich business men..

How the FTC wakes up very early just to call a people rogues tells a lot about the youth, their reasoning and their daily scale of preference..

1 Like

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by ozoemenaca: 8:16am On Jun 01, 2017
That is why we can never be one with them, forget their drama, they cannot be able to hide their hate for the Igbos
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by logica(m): 8:16am On Jun 01, 2017
slyopez:
It's our money, why paying back what belongs to you.
Their exact mentality.

2 Likes

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by LexngtonSteele: 8:18am On Jun 01, 2017
Alitair:
undecided
I honestly haven't heard that banks grant loans and u a chop their money and go scot free... This one that man is saying is either a big lie or an unreasearched fact..

Plz how do I go about getting my own loan?

By removing Ifeanyi, Chukwu from your name grin
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by kingthreatz: 8:19am On Jun 01, 2017
Even personal loans they dont pay. Na them them

2 Likes

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Oblang(m): 8:19am On Jun 01, 2017
ozoemenaca:
That is why we can never be one with them, forget their drama, they cannot be able to hide their hate for the Igbos

Who is hating them here? Is it the one that gave them loan which they refuse to pay back...

1 Like

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Willie2015: 8:22am On Jun 01, 2017
Cost of doing biz is Nigeria is too high, the biz environment is hostile.You dont expect biz not to default on loan repayments in this environment.

FG will tax you, State govt will tax you, LG will tax you, Agbero will tax you? How do you expect biz to pay loans ?

If its so easy, why are state govt and FG owing salaries and pension arrears ?
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by kikake: 8:25am On Jun 01, 2017
Jaideyone:
fraudsters grin

ipob fraudsters

No sane person places a whole region in one basket of accusation.
Obigbo, another Joe Igbokwe appointed by Janjaweedds to do a dirty job against Igbo.

From Obigbo's "our SE people don't repay...", one can see a mischief maker. He put all SE in one basket, as if all SE people were not repaying.

.Ignore the Obigbo APC mouthpiece getting crumbs from the Janjaweedds.
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Billygee2u: 8:31am On Jun 01, 2017
Esseite:
Tribal bigots thread..... who generalizes on a whole region... what is the ratio of agric loan for south east compared to the north?... if you have loan defaulters, you go after them individually not to generalize on a region despite claiming from the article they are rich business men..

How the FTC wakes up very early just to call a people rogues tells a lot about the youth, their reasoning and their daily scale of preference..

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Priest69(m): 8:31am On Jun 01, 2017
I don't believe this info at all, an Ibo man will collect money and refuse to pay back? NA today SE businessmen begin collect loans?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 01, 2017
Apel147:
Why do u guys generalize the whole north but don't do same for the south? We are too quick to bring tribal sentiments to every thread, haba black man!

That is why it is written - Tribal bigots thread... a right thinking person would know that such is being plain stupid..

Their are very loving northern people you wish are your brother like my manager but their are some bad ones like the one that stole my car. Whom the manager traced all the way to bornu.

Their are loving SW people like my neighbour whom checkup at my place everyday in event hearing the slightest noise and bad ones like my barber have known for 15years that stole my 360k which i gave to him to start up a barbing saloon for himself.

Same goes for other regions... if you join me and other advocates to single them out individually from a group of people, we make the country a better place for all..

All muslims are not terrorist..
All igbos are not drug pushers...
All yorubas are not tribalistic neither are they cowards...
All notherners are not religious bigots...

Our environment usually cajoles us into what we are..

A yoruba man in lagos is totally different from that in ekiti same goes for other regions.. now an igbo man in lekki is different from that in mushin.. a hausa man in uk is different from that in Nigeria... it all rest with the environment and who is in charge of that environment - THE GOVERNMENT

1 Like

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Alitair(m): 8:34am On Jun 01, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

By removing Ifeanyi, Chukwu from your name grin

Lol.... Maybe i will add lai buhari to my name... Shea it will speed up the process?
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by donprinyo(m): 8:41am On Jun 01, 2017
Food for low mentality people
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by SuperS1Panther: 8:41am On Jun 01, 2017
We borrowed them £20 to jump start their lives after the war they brought on themselves and after looting CBN offices in Enugu, PH, Calabar and Benin.

Now, they are borrowing from Banks and they are not repaying again.

2 Likes

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by donprinyo(m): 8:42am On Jun 01, 2017
Hw many agric loan have been paid back by de yorubas and hausas
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Billygee2u: 8:42am On Jun 01, 2017
Priest69:
I don't believe this info at all, an Ibo man will collect money and refuse to pay back? NA today SE businessmen begin collect loans?
they just want to rubbish the good reputation of SE because they have seen that ,Biafra has come to reality.
when you talk of bank fraud and other related fraud issues,even international communities knows well that the yorubas,ie the afonjas have degrees in it.
The late Abiola converted Nigeria's ITT to his personal property,OBJ converted OFN ( Operation Feed The Nation ) properties and land to his personal property
let me just mention only these 2,waiting for who will counter it before I will name more.

1 Like

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by donprinyo(m): 8:43am On Jun 01, 2017
God go punish de author of dis yeye news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by donprinyo(m): 8:44am On Jun 01, 2017
No bi loan obj use build otta farm. Now he has converted it to his personal property.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by dfrost: 8:46am On Jun 01, 2017
Mynd44:
So a rep of the bank came out to make this BS statement and for some reason, his backside was not fired and also a overhaul was not ordered into the operations of that branch? What is wrong with this country?

These guys just admitted that they have not been properly doing their job when it comes to investigating those who apply for loans. How can a businessman act like a farmer to ask for a loan and you did not know? Did you have discussions with him about his plans for the farm, the different farming techniques the challenges and he aced it? Questions only a farmer will know. So someone claims to be a bean (for example) farmer and he will know how many weeks it takes a particular strain of beans to grow? Or the expected weight of a chicken at 12 weeks?

Dont they go with them to their farms to do assessment and follow up assessment? So when the diversion of funds start (for farmers but got "better ideas" and decided to go into business)

Have they tried people who divert such loans in court? Have they sent the EFCC after the criminal people who take loans and not pay back? What is wrong with these people?

Mynd44 all these questions you asked are valid and appropriate questions. Bankers are mostly concerned with the initial percentage on the loan (2% or thereabout). Due diligence is no longer employed. I remember when I was trying to open a current account with UBA when I was in school, the account officer came to where I was staying to confirm. Just current account not loan. shocked
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by AlhajiAbdul: 8:48am On Jun 01, 2017
You are a capital buffoon.....You are jobless and you de find customers....Yet, you dey join these secondary school students to perpetuate tribalism...Who is gonna patronise you with your mindset ?
Teewhy2:
Can't say am surprised or that the man is either say the truth or not because I know that they always have issues with house owners in Lagos, when they are looking for houses they can pay for 5 years at exorbitant prices but once the rent expires don't ergo get rent from them for another 3 years.

Are you building on a swampy area, want to do pile foundation /Need Roof parapet.
Reduce the building load by making use of polystyrene material for your roof parapet and slab.
Click below to get more information

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 01, 2017
#HARDWORK!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu & UBA Staffs In Happy In Selfies / Popular Power-line Market Aba Abia State Destroyed By Fire / Zenith Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.