Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features (26756 Views)

Top 7 Android Smartphones With The Best Selfie Camera / Best 5 Smartphones With 4G Support That Cost Less Than N35,000 / 6 Strange Looking Smartphones Ever Made (shocking ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:05am On Jun 01, 2017
You would expect a smartphone to be in a flat rectangular shape. It's unarguably the standard shape for all smartphones but a few companies have gone to the limit and added unique features that veered off from the "Standard". Here's my list of the most strange looking smartphones with unique features ever made.

Cat S60
The selling point of this smartphone is its thermal camera. Apart from that, it’s one of the most durable smartphones in the world. It has a
Drop-to-concrete resistance up to 1.8 m- MIL-STD-810G certified – salt, dust, humidity, rain, vibration, solar radiation, transport, thermal shock resistant and IP68 certification for water resistance. Under the hood is a powerful snapdragon 617. It comes with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal memory and to keep the lights on is a 3800 mah battery.

Yotaphone
The Yotaphone doesn't get a shape that's too odd but it's unique in its own way. It sports a dual display. It also sports a 5 inch full HD primary display on the front and 4.7 inch secondary display on the back. The Yotaphone 2 has a powerful snapdragon 801 under the hood.

Dior Reveries
Dior Reverie is a luxury phone and costs about 4.4million naira. It’s definitely one of the most expensive smartphones in the world. The device sports an LCD touch screen that is decorated with 1539 diamonds, 46 pieces of pearl and 18-carat white gold.

LG G Flex
LG G flex is the world’s first smartphone with a curved display. It also has a self-healing back panel that heals itself from scratches. The LG G flex 2 is powered by a Snapdragon 810 SoC.

Moxi Bendable Phone
This flexible prototype from Chinese Moxi Group uses graphene to accomplish the task of bending. It's the same material used to make rubber more elastic (among other amazing uses).

Runcible
The Runcible probably looks like a make up kit but it's not. The device can do basically everything a smartphone does. The device is certainly unique and beautiful.

AQUOS Crystal
Sharp's AQUOS Crystal has a bezelless screen, which makes you feel totally immersed in whatever you're viewing. It also comes with a "Framing Advisor" to help you align images well.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:05am On Jun 01, 2017
LG G Flex
Cat S60
Yotaphone
Dior Reveries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:05am On Jun 01, 2017
Moxi Bendable Phone
Runcible
Aquos Crystal

3 Likes

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:06am On Jun 01, 2017

1 Like

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by sod09(m): 7:09am On Jun 01, 2017
ftc...............
is da all undecided undecided undecided
Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by BigBelleControl(m): 7:34am On Jun 01, 2017
I've seen that CAT phone, it's ridiculously hefty. That phone should be used by those who work in construction sites and mechanics but interestingly, I saw a lady using it.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by samlak1999: 7:38am On Jun 01, 2017
Good morning everyone there is a contest going on currently on nairaland. Please I am a participant pls click on this link and move to the bottom of the page you will see a post by "samlak1999" pls just like and share please help invite your friend to. I you don't have an account just register. Pls voting end on Saturday night.

www.nairaland.com/3829110/ill-giving-out-n5000-sunday/1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by Cyb3rhack3r: 6:40am On Jun 02, 2017
The Runcible seems nice. It's quite portable.

1 Like

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 02, 2017
Cat got it all
Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:06am On Jun 02, 2017
BigBelleControl:
I've seen that CAT phone, it's ridiculously hefty. That phone should be used by those who work in construction sites and mechanics but interestingly, I saw a lady using it.

Yeah. It's quite heavy. Considering the design, its meant for construction sites. Just in case the phone falls while you're working you'll be assured of minimum damage.

3 Likes

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:25am On Jun 02, 2017
Letsreason:
Really strange if you ask me but i prefer those Foldable phones. In fact, they are the future of smartphones as we will be seeing them more soon.

Checkout these amazing Foldable Phones

The bezelless devices are quite better though
Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by kings09(m): 7:38am On Jun 02, 2017
Oyinbo steering fast into d future while naija is dreaming of d stone age.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by smartty68(m): 7:38am On Jun 02, 2017
The power of creativity.

Howdy NaijaTechGuy grin

Make a thread about you sophisticated gadgets @NaijaTechGuy grin
Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by Kizyte(m): 7:39am On Jun 02, 2017
Those phones are not strange, they are simply technological!

2 Likes

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by In2systemsTech(m): 7:39am On Jun 02, 2017
Nice... I currently have the cat S60 , s40, s30 all brand new... I am letting the Cat s60 go at 285,000...

You also forgot to mention that apart from ruggedity, the S60 is water and dust resistance

Check my signature for contact details

3 Likes

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by naijablood: 7:39am On Jun 02, 2017
K
Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by Defaramade(m): 7:39am On Jun 02, 2017
Give me the LG G flex ✔
Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by GeneralOjukwu: 7:40am On Jun 02, 2017
Interesting topic. Thumbs up at the OP!

4 Likes

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by NevetsIbot(m): 7:41am On Jun 02, 2017
That bendy phone will be good for someone like me.

1 Like

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by mykelmeezy: 7:41am On Jun 02, 2017
most of those in pics are just graphic design and not real phones

1 Like

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by takenadoh: 7:41am On Jun 02, 2017
Yes this is what I like
Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by soleexx(m): 7:42am On Jun 02, 2017
he cost so
Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by Arian11(m): 7:42am On Jun 02, 2017
some of these brand names i've never even heard them before

2 Likes

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 02, 2017
phones or mines and bombs

You shouldn't be expecting anything less from CAT. Dey produce Heavy duty machineries.

See cat phone like tractor. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by faruz: 7:43am On Jun 02, 2017
angry
Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 02, 2017
Wonderful
Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by dejavubobo1(m): 7:46am On Jun 02, 2017
ohh dear.. that moxi bendable is some engineering. so cool

3 Likes

Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 02, 2017
Strange looking indeed angry
Re: See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features by atilla(m): 7:47am On Jun 02, 2017
interesting stuff. i thought that moxi bendable phone was a watch sef

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Alway Overheats And How To Fix It / Is Facebook Down? / Check Out Infinix Note 4 Specifications and Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.