Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Brace Yourself! The New Wonder Woman Is Out… - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Brace Yourself! The New Wonder Woman Is Out… (701 Views)

Movie: Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (2019) 138mb / Wonder Woman Free Download / New Wonder Woman Trailer Shows How The Girl Became A Legend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brace Yourself! The New Wonder Woman Is Out… by joeysuki(m): 10:57am On Jun 01, 2017
source http://truegossip.ng/brace-new-wonder-woman/

“Wonder Woman,” played by former Israeli army soldier Gal Gadot and out in movie theatres worldwide this week, is the first female superhero film since 2005’s box office dud “Elektra,” and the first to be directed by a woman.

“I feel it was a lot of expectation resting on the shoulders of this film and resting literally on the shoulders of Wonder Woman,” said director Patty Jenkins, whose budget was more than $150 million.

“We tried to make a movie for everybody a la the grand classic films from ‘Superman 1’ to ‘Indiana Jones,’ so I hope we actually get a little of everyone,” she added, referring to hopes that both men and women would watch the movie.

Since her inception in 1941 in DC comic books with her patriotic red bustier embossed with a golden eagle and blue shorts with white stars, Wonder Woman has become a symbol of female empowerment in a comic book world dominated by male superheroes like Batman, Superman and Iron Man, and male fans.

But times have changed. Last year Wonder Woman lost her position as an honorary ambassador for the United Nations after a grass-roots petition slammed the character as “a large breasted, white woman of impossible proportions, scantily clad … the epitome of a ‘pin-up’ girl.”

In the film, Wonder Woman’s fitted red and gold bodice doubles as a suit of armour in fight scenes that see her dart and dodge bullets, knives and thunderbolts.

“I love the costume. I think it’s beautiful, I think it’s practical, easy to move in and to fight. And I also think it’s sexy,” Gadot said.

The movie returns to the origins of Diana Prince, growing up in an all female paradise island of Amazonian warriors who teach her knowledge, language and fighting skills.

When American pilot Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) crashes there, Diana learns about World War One and leaves the island to follow Steve to the frontlines of war to vanquish the war god.

Gadot, 32, says the Wonder Woman created by Jenkins is far from perfect, and that’s what makes her interesting.

“She’s not only super strong and confident and unapologetic but she can be very vulnerable and confused and insecure,” Gadot said.

Even before the film’s release, “Wonder Woman” stirred controversy when the small U.S. cinema chain Alamo Drafthouse announced it would hold some women-only screenings of the film, and men complained about social media of reverse sexism.

Reviews for “Wonder Woman” however have been glowing, scoring a rare 97 percent positive rating on aggregator Rotten Tomatoes with critics praising its humour and positive spirit.

Jenkins said that behind the fun “I hope that we can use a character who stands for something so needed right now… and to inspire people to be heroes in their own lives.

“She is fierce and strong and incredible but she’s also idealistic for the good of mankind and she really believes in love and truth… I think the hero that we need for the future is that all of us are going to have to fight for what we believe in.”

read more at http://truegossip.ng/brace-new-wonder-woman/
Re: Brace Yourself! The New Wonder Woman Is Out… by Gmasterp(m): 11:08am On Jun 01, 2017
When is it coming to Nigerian cinemas??
Re: Brace Yourself! The New Wonder Woman Is Out… by joeysuki(m): 11:43am On Jun 01, 2017
a media screening already held on Tuesday the 30th, the movie drops tomorrow 2nd of june across vrious nigerian cinemas
Gmasterp:
When is it coming to Nigerian cinemas??
Re: Brace Yourself! The New Wonder Woman Is Out… by Gmasterp(m): 11:44am On Jun 01, 2017
joeysuki:
a media screening already held on Tuesday the 30th, the movie drops tomorrow 2nd of june across vrious nigerian cinemas
thanks....

Mak i go buy ticket online grin
Re: Brace Yourself! The New Wonder Woman Is Out… by joeysuki(m): 12:21pm On Jun 01, 2017
grin grin
Gmasterp:
thanks....

Mak i go buy ticket online grin

(1) (Reply)

Translate Your Nollywood Movies And Manuscript To French Language. / Top Ten Best 2017 American Movies / Cee C Of Big Brother Naija Is A Fake Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.