Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,800 members, 7,866,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:30 AM

Kidnapped House Of Reps Member Freed After Colleagues Donate Ransom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnapped House Of Reps Member Freed After Colleagues Donate Ransom (369 Views)

Jones Abiri Freed After Two Years In Detention / Nnamdi Kanu Poses With Friends As He's Freed From Kuje Prison In Abuja.PICS/VID / Supreme Court Removes Sopuluchukwu Ezeonwuka As House Of Reps Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapped House Of Reps Member Freed After Colleagues Donate Ransom by VillageParrot: 11:21am On Jun 01, 2017
Garba Durbunde, a member of the Nigerian Federal House of Representatives, representing Sumaila/Takai Federal Constituency of Kano State was yesterday kidnapped and later released by gunmen around the Abuja-Jere axis of the Abuja-Kaduna highway.

Durbunde’s release was facilitated after his House colleagues raised an undisclosed ransom fee demanded by the kidnappers.

A source informed about the development told SIGNAL on Thursday the ransom fee was raised by fellow members of the Federal House of Representatives and dropped off yesterday Wednesday, at the location specified by the kidnappers.

The victim, Garba Durbunde, a longstanding political associate of former Kano State governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, was a Commissioner for Rural and Community Development after a stint at the Kano House of Assembly.

Read more at http://www.signalng.com/

Re: Kidnapped House Of Reps Member Freed After Colleagues Donate Ransom by IdeyFindWife: 11:49am On Jun 01, 2017
Niggas got no chill!

Too bad it's gotten to this now but when kidnappers went everywhere 'napping the masses, the ruling class didn't see it as much.

Now, in the zoo, it's past bedtime and bushmeat don dey catch hunter! I bet it's gonna either be disgruntled electorates, fellow polithiefcians or jobless almajiris wanting their own piece of the national cake!

That's why folks kept crying for y'all thieves to make the country safer, saner, better but you didn't listen.

Now, it's come to your own doorsteps so...Payup niggas, it's payback time!

(1) (Reply)

2017: Anambra Monarch Joins Gov Race / Who Is Lying To The Igbos And To The Rest Of Nigeria? / I'm A Flattie. I'm An Afonja. I'm An Aboki. I'm A Sane Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.