Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu (4078 Views)

Babatunde Gbadamosi: Let Us Break Nigeria If North Retains Power In 2023 / Buhari’s 2nd Term Will Consume Tinubu, Break Nigeria – Iyorchia Ayu / Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by TheStronghold: 2:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
First this man is living in fantasy if he thinks we'll stay with the southeast. We don't need anyone in Yorubaland, Nigeria needs us, that is why they flood our lands by the millions every year. They aren't improving their regions and they are creating more of a burden for southwest government. AND IT IS HOLDING US BACK! That's why Fashola had to deport some people, and he was attacked by the media, instead of them to focus on the laziness of the other regions in creating a conducive environment for their people.

Imagine if we had our own country since the Awolowo days? We already developed a network television system even BEFORE many Asian countries and FIRST in Africa. We were at the FOREFRONT of the technological revolution. We went from leading in technology, to now not even able to have consistent electricity. We had free education, unified culture, etc. All at the beginning of Independence. Now we're stuck here as Nigeria continues to leech is dry.

We have Nobel prize winners in Wole Soyinka, we have the most famous African artist in Fela Kuti, and Wizkid, our movies dominate Nigerian Cinema, the best film director in Nollywood is yoruba (Kunle Afolayan). We have brilliant people in science, doctors who can separate Siamese twins, the first African to fly around the world solo was a Yoruba man. And the largest online Nigerian forum we are all communicating with now was created by who? A Yoruba man. I can list so much more but you get the point. Everything POSITIVE and famous about Nigeria is due to the Yoruba.

Please, let us go our own way and watch us turn Odua into Switzerland in 20 years time.

9 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by AgentSmith001: 2:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
omenkaLives:
Two comprising where and where? If Nigeria is to be split, God forbid that i share the same geographical space with those illiterate scoundrels the second time.
. mumu boy

meanwhile, fulanis are laying claim on ur father's graveyard and the entire Benue state

5 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by HiddenShadow: 2:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
In 1949, Obafemi Awolowo wrote a book tittled 'Pathway to Nigeria's Freedom' in that book he argued that an independent Nigeria should be structured into a very loose federation whereby all ethnic nationalities contained therein would be able to determine their own political, economic, and social affairs without undue interference from others. Guess who was against this noble suggestion? An ibo man, Nnamdi Azikiwe !! It was this same Azikiwe, insisting on one Nigeria, formed an alliance with the Northern Peoples Congress to make up the coalition government of the first Republic with Tafawa Balewa.

That epithet 'Beautiful bride of the North' was used by Alhaji Shehu Shagari as a slur against Namndi Azikiwe and his ibo people.

Why then did Awolowo opposed it when it was represented again at Aburi Ghana by Ojukwu

Awolowo was simply not serious about his believe

2 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by darediamond(m): 2:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
bakynes:
The truth is that you can't compare the Soviet Union that splitted into several countries because they were very big,Nigeria is not as big as the Soviet Union.

Best bet is Regionalism and resource control or North and South Nigeria go their separate ways and I don't know if Yorubas and Igbos will see eye to eye on that.

At least, I know the entire South are religious tolerant and literate enough to live together.

If you balkanize Nigeria into 3 or more separate countries the power we yield today we not be there anymore. We will end up like small countries in Africa.
You're. 1000% wrong!
Do you think Britain and France really like to see Yoruba and yes Igbo's people have there own Nation at all?
Never!
Ask Queen Elizabeth about Yoruba's a d what her dead Elders met on ground in the SouthWest before the deepened Colonial Era and after, she will reluctantly tell you the main reason why they Amalgamated the Regions.

Nigeria Movie and Music Industry is Dominated by South or North?
In diaspora, which Region is actually hitting it positively Big; South or North?
Super Eagle of Nigeria nko? Na South or North dominate am?
If we breakup, Igbo's and Yoruba's will now truly Dominate Africa Forcefully because we have the Resources in all Ramifications and it is openly evident. Something France hate to see happening!!!

The North is meant to be a cog in the wheel of we Southerners take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 2:48pm On Jun 01, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Why then did Awolowo opposed it when it was represented again at Aburi Ghana by Ojukwu

Awolowo was not at the Aburi Accord. Go read your history book, Juvenile !

7 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by HiddenShadow: 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:

Small boy

Those who opposed Aburi were in Nigeria of which Awolowo was part of them

The top civil service management and politicians opposed the Accord including Awolowo

Was Awolowo not Gowon's second in command and finance minister

Yes or No

2 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
deedeedee1:
Nigeria will not break into two. Laye laye, kolejo!!! Unless the man means hausa and igbos for biafra and oodua for yoruba. Else, he is saying nonsense. Yoruba will have a separate country alone without a single minority.
We dont want them to disturb us with marginalization cries.
Awon omo odua ise ya!!!
so what about the ilajes, ijaws of ondo state and others like otodo gbame of lagos?you drown them or what?anyway all this wishful thinking ends here abi na osinbajo or ekweremadu go divide nigeria?the only thing keeping nigeria is crude oil from the niger delta, the land of the minorities you dont want to disturb you...who you help self?so long there is free money from crude oil our greedy politicians and the military would resist dividing the country unless a miracle happens
Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by hammer6: 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2017
Break in two? That is very good.

Yoruba is going with the North.

1 Like

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by milkymesh: 2:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
This my problem with you so-called Biafrans. Can you survive the biafra republic without the cooperation of others. Don't descend so low as to insult everyone even when they are making sense.
You won't get your Biafra in a century without the support of the south west or the cooperation of the South south states.
Peace

YOUNGrapha:
THIS MUMUNISED AFONJASTIC COWARDICED ODUDUWA DESCENDANT WANT TO ASSOCIATE WITH BIAFRA.........BECAUSE NNAMDI KALU HAS PAID THE PRICE BY STAYING IN KUJE FOR MONTHS.........PLS WE DNT WANT AMALA CONE HEAD IN OUR BIAFRA MAKE UNA GO JOIN AREWA REPUBLIC

2 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by TheStronghold: 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2017
Once Yorubas agree in totality to leave Nigeria, it will be balkanized. Yorubas hold the future of Nigeria in their hands.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
Still makes sense. The SW must apologize to Biafrans and we all can come together and abrogate the expired 1914 Amalgamation Treaty.

We need to know the mind of the SW brothers, they are neither here or there. I hate to call them cowards, but I am being forced to think that FFK and Fayose are the real champions who understand tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by omoharry(f): 3:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Awolowo is Dead..and he is not be affected by the present woes of this country..let us put our issues and carve out the south first from the north first.or demand for restructuring.all this issue that has happened over 50 yrs ago will not solve anything but will only give the north power to oppress the whole south..enough of this online hatred among the south.

1 Like

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by Iamwrath: 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2017
Another one bites the dust

What a shame really

YOUNGrapha:
THIS MUMUNISED AFONJASTIC COWARDICED ODUDUWA DESCENDANT WANT TO ASSOCIATE WITH BIAFRA.........BECAUSE NNAMDI KALU HAS PAID THE PRICE BY STAYING IN KUJE FOR MONTHS.........PLS WE DNT WANT AMALA CONE HEAD IN OUR BIAFRA MAKE UNA GO JOIN AREWA REPUBLIC

The man made sense and so did AGF , You can't restructure if you don't ammend constitution , what should have been said or pushed for was quick ammendment of the constitution

1 Like

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by kenny987(f): 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2017
bakynes:
The truth is that you can't compare the Soviet Union that splitted into several countries because they were very big,Nigeria is not as big as the Soviet Union.

Best bet is Regionalism and resource control or North and South Nigeria go their separate ways and I don't know if Yorubas and Igbos will see eye to eye on that.

At least, I know the entire South are religious tolerant and literate enough to live together.

If you balkanize Nigeria into 3 or more separate countries the power we wield today we not be there anymore. We will end up like small countries in Africa.

Exactly what have u got to show for the so-called power you wield? Are Nigerians not being deported daily from other African countries?

3 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by kenny987(f): 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
Jabioro:
The pathetic members of IPOB have know idea of history but good at propaganda..

IPOB will be the first to chew out Nnamdi Azikiwe for his blind one-Nigeria stance that has landed us in this mess. Do not stay ignorant, read widely and understand the enemy u hate so you're sure of why you're hating.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by 7lives: 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
Still makes sense. The SW must apologize to Biafrans and we all can come together and abrogate the expired 1914 Amalgamation Treaty.

We need to know the mind of the SW brothers, they are neither here or there. I hate to call them cowards, but I am being forced to think that FFK and Fayose are the real champions who understand tomorrow.

Who you be?, apologize for what exactly?.
You see why we need to go our separate ways?
What exactly do Yorubas stand to gain by being in the same country with leeches or you think we are fools around here?.
It is no longer Yorubas are Afonja, Yorubas are hateful, they are cowards, it is now Yoruba must apologize.
You better go and get serious with your Biafra struggles, Yorubas are seriously waiting to flush you out as soon as you declare your Independence.

8 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by slivertongue: 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
God bless you sir
Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by laudate: 4:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
Billyonaire:

What offence did the SW commit against SE, that they need to apologise for? shocked I don't get it, o! Where are those Yoruba people to answer dis question, sef?

5 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by Ngokafor(f): 4:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
TheStronghold:
Once Yorubas agree in totality to leave Nigeria, it will be balkanized. Yorubas hold the future of Nigeria in their hands.

...Ofcourse we know yorubas are more desperate for 'One Nigeria' than other regions...They are usually the first in line to fight against any form of dis-integration....Igbos will never try to convince yorubas to stay in Nigeria,that i can assure you,hence your postulations...Unlike what you guys do daily on-line and off..

...I cant count the number of yorubas who i have had an arguement with off-line on the issue of Biafra...They all vehemently oppose it with passion,and never talked about Oduduwa republic at all.

1 Like

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2017
laudate:

What offence did the SW commit against SE, that they need to apologise for? shocked I don't get it, o! Where are those Yoruba people to answer dis question, sef?

Awolowo was the tactician that machinated the blockage of Bight of Biafra and The Bakassi Peninsular so that Charity organisations AKA NGOs could not deliver humanitarian aids to the women and children, even the food supplies to the Biafran soldiers coming through that route were bombed. So, actually, the defeat of Biafra was not about the might of the Nigerian Armny but the strategic Crime against humanity that Awolowo orchestrated. He ended up killing himself with RATATTACK POISON. The Gods are wise. The Yorubas are great intellectuals, I am sure they are erudite enough not to repeat the mistakes that Awolowo made. He killed his fuccking self in pains, cos not just did he betray Biafrans that set him free from prison, he went ahead to organize a militia against the military junta, and IBB sent him that merciful letter. Which made him die like a rat. This is not an insult, who ever dies of rat posion, a chemical meant to kill a rat, means he died like a rat. So logically Awo was a rat, cos he rat against his friends. In Russia rats are by contract known to commit suicide when caught. It is the thesis that IBB sent him and he faithfully died even before ojukwu.

Let us not resurrect the pains of the past, even though my old boy lost everything to that war, so I had to study about that war and I can swear with my dicck that if every Yoruba man and woman is to read the Biafran Story and sincerely come to a conclusion, you will ask the Igbos for forgiveness.

You wanted to know why I asked the Yorubas to apologize. That is the response.

1 Like

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by jpphilips(m): 5:13pm On Jun 01, 2017
What is restructuring?
Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by orunto27: 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
Gistpeeps:

A leader of the pan Yoruba socio political organisation, Afenifere, Senator Femi Okurounmu, has warned that if the North remains resistant to restructuring of Nigeria, they will force it on them or break the country into two.

Okurounmu gave the warning while reacting to a statement credited to the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, saying Nigeria cannot be restructured now until the constitution is amended.

Speaking with The Sun, Okurounmu, “I am not surprised by the statement of the AGF that the north will not support restructuring. The north does not want the status quo to change.

“They have always seen themselves as the only people fit to rule Nigeria. Anyway, we did not expect them to say otherwise; we must now force them.

“The people supporting restructuring are in the majority, hence, the minority cannot override us. And if they don’t want, we can then break Nigeria into two.

“They can go their own and we go on our way. That is the solution. We should stop asking them but force it on them, whether they want it or not.”

http://www.gistpeeps.com/2017/06/why-we-will-break-nigeria-into-two.html?m=1
Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by orunto27: 5:21pm On Jun 01, 2017
That's the Spirit.
Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by TheFreeOne: 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
[s]
Billyonaire:

Awolowo was the tactician that machinated the blockage of Bight of Biafra and The Bakassi Peninsular so that Charity organisations AKA NGOs could not deliver humanitarian aids to the women and children, even the food supplies to the Biafran soldiers coming through that route were bombed. So, actually, the defeat of Biafra was not about the might of the Nigerian Armny but the strategic Crime against humanity that Awolowo orchestrated. He ended up killing himself with RATATTACK POISON. The Gods are wise. The Yorubas are great intellectuals, I am sure they are erudite enough not to repeat the mistakes that Awolowo made. He killed his fuccking self in pains, cos not just did he betray Biafrans that set him free from prison, he went ahead to organize a militia against the military junta, and IBB sent him that merciful letter. Which made him die like a rat. This is not an insult, who ever dies of rat posion, a chemical meant to kill a rat, means he died like a rat. So logically Awo was a rat, cos he rat against his friends. In Russia rats are by contract known to commit suicide when caught. It is the thesis that IBB sent him and he faithfully died even before ojukwu.

Let us not resurrect the pains of the past, even though my old boy lost everything to that war, so I had to study about that war and I can swear with my dicck that if every Yoruba man and woman is to read the Biafran Story and sincerely come to a conclusion, you will ask the Igbos for forgiveness.

You wanted to know why I asked the Yorubas to apologize. That is the response.
[/s]

Balderdash.

1 Like

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by Lightening: 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:

This child sef. Who advised Gowon to jettison true federalism after the Aburi accord on return to Nigeria? Please go and ask your grandfather rather than coming here to irritate people.
Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by GrandGarcon: 6:08pm On Jun 01, 2017
TheStronghold:
na big lie

1 Like

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by deedeedee1: 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2017
bakynes:

If you balkanize Nigeria into 3 or more separate countries the power we wield today we not be there anymore. We will end up like small countries in Africa.
What power are you currently wielding?
Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by deedeedee1: 6:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
darediamond:

You're. 1000% wrong!
Do you think Britain and France really like to see Yoruba and yes Igbo's people have there own Nation at all?
Never!
Ask Queen Elizabeth about Yoruba's a d what her dead Elders met on ground in the SouthWest before the deepened Colonial Era and after, she will reluctantly tell you the main reason why they Amalgamated the Regions.

Nigeria Movie and Music Industry is Dominated by South or North?
In diaspora, which Region is actually hitting it positively Big; South or North?
Super Eagle of Nigeria nko? Na South or North dominate am?
If we breakup, Igbo's and Yoruba's will now truly Dominate Africa Forcefully because we have the Resources in all Ramifications and it is openly evident. Something France hate to see happening!!!

The North is meant to be a cog in the wheel of we Southerners take it or leave it.
Stop saying nonsense! Yorubas and igbos can never stay in the same country. It is practically impossible!!!
Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by deedeedee1: 6:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
Billyonaire:

Ma tanra e! Sogbo? Yoruba will never accept to live in a country with you. Living in a country with two majority is far much worse than with three. The moment nigeria split, you will see smaller tribes fighting for a their own country.
Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by kingzizzy: 6:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
TheStronghold:

Who told you that? How will Yorubas leave? You think its mouth they use in seceding?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by Mujtahida: 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
Of course. After all, out of the defunct Union of Soviet Sociaist Republics we now have Russia, Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Moldova, Turkeministan, Uzbekistan, Kazakstan, Krygstan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan etc. So it would not be bad if Nigeria, for the sake of peace, and for the avoidance of future conflict and bloodletting, is balkanized into multiple part
But you didn't mention that the Soviet Union was a communistic political union that began with the Russian revolution in 1917.
Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by 7lives: 7:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
deedeedee1:

Ma tanra e! Sogbo? Yoruba will never accept to live in a country with you. Living in a country with two majority is far much worse than with three. The moment nigeria split, you will see smaller tribes fighting for a their own country.

To them Nigeria is Lugard's contraption but Southern Nigeria is not, selfish people everything must work in their favor as if everyone is their toy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Latest Speech This Today..3/9/2017 / Desperate Dino Melaye Flees Nigeria, Warns Saraki To Fight For Him Or Risk Being / PDP In Support Of Dr. Akinwunmi Adesina As VP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.