Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,056 members, 7,810,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Terrorist Attacks By Muslims In Europe: A Blowback From Wars In The Middle East? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Terrorist Attacks By Muslims In Europe: A Blowback From Wars In The Middle East? (302 Views)

Seyed Hassan Nasrallah: US Soldiers In Middle East Will Go Home In Coffins / 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death / 10 Deadliest Wars In World’s History That Killed Over 300 Billion People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Terrorist Attacks By Muslims In Europe: A Blowback From Wars In The Middle East? by BishopMagic: 1:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
Some Muslim apologists attempting to divert the growing series of Jihadist inspired terror attacks in Europe and the west carried out by Muslims, have laid the blame on the US and the western world's wars and diplomatic policies in the middle east.

I wonder if the series of sectarian riots instigated and carried out by the majority Muslims in the north has any link to the disastrous US war policies in the remote middle east?

I wonder if the Coptic Christians in Egypt who have been on the receiving end of Muslim aggression have any link with the US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?

The blowback theory does not explain the unending wave of terror in Muslim countries. From sufi shrines to Shia processions and Coptic churches to Hindu temples, suicide bombers have aimed at targets that they consider to be un-Islamic or deviant.

Secondly, this blowback theory does not explain why only youth with fundamentalist persuasions explode in the Western metropolitans. I have not heard of a single suicide mission by a Marxist or a liberal youth of Muslim origin who is angry about the US invasion of Iraq.

Thirdly, Muslim countries are not uniquely on the receiving-end of imperial wars. Latin American, East Asian and African countries have been targets of overt and covert imperial wars. I am not aware of any Castroists arriving in the land of Big Satan to massacre children.

At the heart of the series of carnage and violence is Islam and nothing more.

(1) (Reply)

Trump’ Named Children’s Word Of The Year / Gimme Back My Vote O! 1 In 8 Americans Want Their Trump Votes Back / Grace Mugabe Declared Presidential Successor In ZANU Youth League Circular

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.