Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,836 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

How To Convert Your CV From MS Word To PDF - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Convert Your CV From MS Word To PDF (814 Views)

5 Tips To Make Your CV Standout And Grab Employers Attention In 2020 / What Really Happens When You Lie On Your CV? / Want To Grab The Employer’s Attention With Your CV? Follow These Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Convert Your CV From MS Word To PDF by monteriza(m): 1:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
I have come across several threads on Nairaland and other forums where members are asking for help on how to convert their CVs from MS Word to PDF. The most common format for CV is MS Word, but sometimes an employer may instruct applicant’s to send their CVs in PDF, the reason for such threads.

Personally, I do it directly on my system. I have a couple of applications that do that, but here I’m going to be showing you a very easy way to go about it, without having to download any app. You can use the same platform to convert your document to any format of your choice (MS Word to PDF, PDF to MS Word, MS Word to PNG, MS Word to Jpeg, etc).

Like I stated earlier, it’s very simple and anyone can do it. The steps are:

1. Visit www.zamzar.com. It is a free platform for converting files from one format to another. As at the time of writing this article, it is still free, but I don’t know if it will remain so forever.

2. On the website, you will see the steps you need to take to do your conversion, with a short note under it, viz:

i. Step 1: Select files or URL you wish to convert…

ii. Step 2: Choose the format to convert to:

iii. Step 3: Enter your email address to receive converted files:

iv. Step 4: Convert (by clicking you agree to our terms)

3. Click on Choose files, under Step 1. Select your MS Word CV from your CV and click Open. Your CV will be uploaded on the platform. You’ll see it under Files to convert. It’ll show you the name of the file, size and progress. There’s also a button for you to remove the uploaded files, in case you uploaded the wrong one.

4. Under step 2, choose the format you want to convert the file to. There are about 29 options there, but you are to select PDF.

5. Under step 3, type your email address. A link will be sent to your box through which you can access the converted files. Type the email address where you want the link to be sent to in the space provided. Make sure the address is correct, otherwise, it will be sent to the wrong person. That means you have to come back.

6. Click Convert. You’ll be taken to a new page showing “File Upload Complete.”

7. Open your email box. You should receive a message from Zamzar Conversions with the subject “Converted file from Zamzar: File name.”

8. Click on the mail. You’ll find a few content, but the one that concerns you is the long link starting with http://zamzar.com/getFiles.php

9. Click on the link and you’ll be redirected to a page where you can download your CV in PDF.

10. Click on Download and wait a few moment for your file to be downloaded into your computer.

11. While you are waiting, you will be taken to a new page. On that page, you’ll see “Thanks For Downloading” written in bold. Under it is written, “Thank you. Your download should start automatically. If not then click this link.” If after waiting, your CV is not downloaded into your system, click on the link and it will start downloading immediately, after which you can save it.

You can follow the same procedure to convert your CV from PDF to MS Word or even any of the picture formats. I don’t have to go through that again.

I hope it was helpful.

I am giving out a FREE Cover Letter Template. If you're signed-in, see details on my signature. If you're not signed-in, click on my username and you'll find more detail about it on my profile.
Re: How To Convert Your CV From MS Word To PDF by successking401(m): 2:04pm On Jun 01, 2017
monteriza:

I have come across several threads on Nairaland and other forums where members are asking for help on how to convert their CVs from MS Word to PDF.The most common format for CV is MS Word, but sometimes an employer may instruct applicant’s to send their CVs in PDF, the reason for such threads.Personally, I do it directly on my system.I have a couple of applications that do that, but here I’m going to be showing you a very easy way to go about it, without having to download any app. You can use the same platform to convert your document to any format ofyour choice (MS Word to PDF, PDF to MS Word, MS Word to PNG, MS Word toJpeg, etc).Like I stated earlier, it’s very simple and anyone can do it. The steps are:1. Visitwww.zamzar.com.It is a free platform for converting files from one format to another. As at the time of writing this article, it is still free, but I don’t know if it will remain so forever.2. On the website, you will see the steps you need to take to do your conversion, with a short note under it, viz:i. Step 1: Select files or URL you wish to convert…ii. Step 2: Choose the format to convert to:iii. Step 3: Enter your email address to receive converted files:iv. Step 4: Convert (by clicking you agreeto our terms)3. Click on Choose files, under Step 1. Select your MS Word CV from your CV and click Open. Your CV will be uploadedon the platform. You’ll see it under Files to convert. It’ll show you the name of the file, size and progress. There’s also a button for you to remove the uploadedfiles, in case you uploaded the wrong one.4. Under step 2, choose the format you want to convert the file to. There are about 29 options there, but you are to select PDF.5. Under step 3, type your email address. A link will be sent to your box through which you can access the converted files. Type the email address where you want the link to be sent to in the space provided. Make sure the address is correct, otherwise, it will be sent to the wrong person. That means you have to come back.6. Click Convert. You’ll be taken to a new page showing “File Upload Complete.”7. Open your email box. You should receive a message from Zamzar Conversions with the subject “Converted file from Zamzar: File name.”8. Click on the mail. You’ll find a few content, but the one that concerns you is the long link starting withhttp://zamzar.com/getFiles.php9. Click on the link and you’ll be redirected to a page where you can download your CV in PDF.10. Click on Download and wait a few moment for your file to be downloaded into your computer.11. While you are waiting, you will be taken to a new page. On that page, you’ll see“Thanks For Downloading”written in bold. Under it is written, “Thank you. Your download should startautomatically. If not then click this link.” If after waiting, your CV is not downloaded into your system, click on the link and it will start downloading immediately, after which you can save it.You can follow the same procedure to convert your CV from PDF to MS Word or even any of the picture formats. I don’t have to go through that again.I hope it was helpful.
Re: How To Convert Your CV From MS Word To PDF by monteriza(m): 10:55am On Jun 12, 2017
.[quote author=successking401 post=57089513][/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Small Jobs: Urgent Vacancies In Port Harcourt / Urgent Vacancies / Vacancies In Construction Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.