Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy (1405 Views)

UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders / France Embassy Delay / My International Passport Held By France Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by Peter2222: 3:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
Good day,

I applied for visa to France in March in Abuja having been invited by a friend who's French. The invitation was an official document sent through courier. I was denied the previous year because the invitation document was scanned and sent through email or not original copy.

To this day I've not received my passport and no feedback from the embassy.

I contacted vfs and they tell me the application has been forwarded. the same response when I track online.

It became so frustrating that I didn't want to miss my leave. I can travel elsewhere. I sent through vfs a withdrawal letter in April. No response from the vfs. Vfs would say letter has been forwarded. No response from the embassy.

My host who is French also wrote a letter weeks ago because the application is taking too much time asking them to expedite the application process. Yet, no reply.

I tried writing email to the embassy and no reply.

I'm very worried that my passport may have gone missing.

What do you guys think and advice?
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by hodusglobal(m): 3:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
Did you pay for courier delivery to your address or you stated it that you will visit the VFS office for collection by hand.
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by Peter2222: 3:54pm On Jun 01, 2017
hodusglobal:
Did you pay for courier delivery to your address or you stated it that you will visit the VFS office for collection by hand.

I didn't pay for courier. I paid for services by VFS which would include me picking up my passport at their center in Abuja. And besides, that's the purpose of tracking it online to know if my passport is ready for collection. And it's been showing the same status since early March on the VFS website that my application has been forwarded to the French consulate. And we are now in June. They have given me no useful feedback.in fact no feedback at all! Even if whatever is the problem and at worse my passport is missing, I deserve to be contacted and spoken to. I'm a human being for God's sake!
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by hodusglobal(m): 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2017
Track it once again and if its still showing that your application has been forwarded to France embassy, that means your application is still with them at the embassy.
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by Peter2222: 4:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
hodusglobal:
Track it once again and if its still showing that your application has been forwarded to France embassy, that means your application is still with them at the embassy.

Same response! It has been forwarded to the consulate (since March).
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by hodusglobal(m): 4:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
Who packaged the application for you, is it by an agent of self.
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by Peter2222: 4:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
hodusglobal:
Who packaged the application for you, is it by an agent of self.

An agent processed the documents. I went along on the day of submission for biometrics.
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by hodusglobal(m): 4:59pm On Jun 01, 2017
I'm suspecting fraudulent document. Because maximum processing time for France visa application is six weeks. If they confirmed fake out of your documents, they may later call you to come at the embassy for an interview and from there to police straight.
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by Peter2222: 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
hodusglobal:
I'm suspecting fraudulent document. Because maximum processing time for France visa application is six weeks. If they confirmed fake out of your documents, they may later call you to come at the embassy for an interview and from there to police straight.

Even in that case, it's taken three months and no feedback!
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by hodusglobal(m): 5:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
Did you apply for tourist or business visa, and did you printed your personal bank account for the application or its the agent that get the statement of account for you.
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by Peter2222: 5:13pm On Jun 01, 2017
hodusglobal:
Did you apply for tourist or business visa, and did you printed your personal bank account for the application or its the agent that get the statement of account for you.

Tourist. All my documents were done by the agent. I had an official invitation by my host. I only handed the invitation on the day of submission and went for biometrics.
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by hodusglobal(m): 5:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
[quote author=Peter2222 post=57095130]

Tourist. All my documents were done by the agent. I had an official invitation by my host. I only handed the invitation on the day of submission and went for biometrics. [/quote.

What's your agent now saying about it.
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by Peter2222: 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
hodusglobal:

What's your agent now saying about it.

That its not unusual. The French are bureaucratic.
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by hodusglobal(m): 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2017
Try to call the embassy telephone numbers during the working hours tomorrow...Let's what they will say about it. Let the copy of your application forms be with you during the call, because they will ask for your application number which is on the form.
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by Peter2222: 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
hodusglobal:
Try to call the embassy telephone numbers during the working hours tomorrow...Let's what they will say about it. Let the copy of your application forms be with you during the call, because they will ask for your application number which is on the form.

Please kindly provide me with the number. The one I got from Google search wasn't connecting. An answering machine replies in French.
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by hodusglobal(m): 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
Peter2222:

Please kindly provide me with the number. The one I got from Google search wasn't connecting. An answering machine replies in French.
I saw it on the French embassy website that they can only be contact by send email to them. You have to be patient or keep calling VFS.
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by Peter2222: 6:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
hodusglobal:
I saw it on the French embassy website that they can only be contact by send email to them. You have to be patient or keep calling VFS.

Thanks for your time.

Assuming my agent presented any forged documents, what are the consequences and how to go about it?

And if the embassy or VFS have lost my passport, can I sue them?
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by hodusglobal(m): 8:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
Schengen Visa fake documents judgment is five years Ban. I'm sure VFS cannot lost your passport. If the passport has been sent back to the VFS by the embassy, the tracking status will change.
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by Peter2222: 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
hodusglobal:
Schengen Visa fake documents judgment is five years Ban. I'm sure VFS cannot lost your passport. If the passport has been sent back to the VFS by the embassy, the tracking status will change.

Based on their shakara and the headache to get a visa, I'm not even interested again to holiday in their country and spend my money there. If they like they should ban for fifty years.

What are the legal implications? You were mentioning police. I'm just annoyed because I've spent so much money, and if the reason for delay is as you suspect, then I'd be bearing the consequences for the greed of another person.

1 Like

Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by Peter2222: 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
Re: Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy by hodusglobal(m): 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2017
Have you called the VFS office today?

(1) (Reply)

"Don't Travel To Nigeria!", UK Warns Citizens. / Ride Hailing Company (ak-taxi), Ready To Hit The Nigerian Market / 8 Interesting Things Nobody Told You About Kano (in Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.