Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,228 members, 7,957,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:13 PM

See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School (5719 Views)

See Assignment Given To My Sister In SS1. / Checkout The Assignment Given To A Group Of Pupils. See What A Student wrote / See Assignment Given To A Primary 1 Pupil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:51am On Jun 02, 2017
R3B3L:
and den d teacher will......?? Not all two year olds. There are dose smarter just like we have in Nigeria. It's d same d world over. Even if a few can recite all names of deir states, doesn't make dem capable of handling ds workload. U are very wrong. Kids in America are quite dumb...

How many naija two year olds can recite the 36states, the national anthem and the national pledge?

We are waaaaaay too backwards for that.

An American two year old can also retire the national anthem and pledge.

It's one of the first things they learn.

They believe in grooming kids from a very early age because kids learn super fast.

2 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by viqueta(m): 6:56am On Jun 02, 2017
I know your type in school, na Una go dey JSSI come dey read SS3 text books just to prove say Una know something whereas Una dey fail common JSS1 exam
RoyalBoutique:
Naija and local mentality.

We want to be like the Americans, yet we can't do what they do.

What's in the questions?

Those questions are for the parents to teach their kids, not for the kids to do alone.

A two year old kid in the US knows the 50states and their capitals while naijas two year olds are dumbasses.

Schooling is all about research ... Kids research from their parents till they are able to do it alone.

But in naija, school is all about blackboard and chalk and teachers that commit English homicide.

Tell your colleague to do the assignment with the kid and also to teach the kid how to answer questions.

As simple as that... Unless your colleague is also a dunce.

1 Like

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:57am On Jun 02, 2017
viqueta:
I know your type in school, na Una go dey JSSI come dey read SS3 text books just to prove say Una know something whereas Una dey fail common JSS1 exam

And then?

2 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by R3B3L(m): 7:04am On Jun 02, 2017
RoyalBoutique:

How many naija two year olds can recite the 36states, the national anthem and the national pledge?

We are waaaaaay too backwards for that.

An American two year old can also retire the national anthem and pledge.

It's one of the first things they learn.

They believe in grooming kids from a very early age because kids learn super fast.
totally missing my point. "This work is too tedious for a 2 year old". And kids in Nigeria these days are much smarter Dan u suppose. Dnt go to d public schools, try 2/3 private schools and be better informed.

1 Like

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 02, 2017
RoyalBoutique:

What's in the questions?
Schooling is all about research ... Kids research from their parents till they are able to do it alone.

But in naija, school is all about blackboard and chalk and teachers that commit English homicide.
......and someone will still think nigeria will one day be better.

My brother, no one in this thread seemingly understands the requirements of the assigments, hence the million complaints. Let them....

A child not being able to recite the states and all is fine, but the parent must monitor. A creative parent knows to align a state either with colour or tribe and the child will hopefully as time goes be able to recite just a few. No one expects them to cram and know all now.....its a guideline as to what the parents must bring to teacher as proof that parent is also helping the child at home, whilst teacher is doing her part at school.
femi4:
Its Irreelivant. What they should be doing at the stage (Pre school/crech) is identification and uses of objects

Identification and uses of body parts.

Rhymes and music

Perfecting their ability to write using combination of strokes curves
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by d33types: 8:00am On Jun 02, 2017
RoyalBoutique:

What's in the questions?

Those questions are for the parents to teach their kids, not for the kids to do alone.

A two year old kid in the US knows the 50states and their capitals while naijas two year olds are dumbasses.

Tell your colleague to do the assignment with the kid and also to teach the kid how to answer questions.

Inferiority complex is upon you..a 2yr old knows the 50 US states? You've not been outside Nigeria ,sorry
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by bjbukzy(m): 8:23am On Jun 02, 2017
R3B3L:
totally missing my point. "This work is too tedious for a 2 year old". And kids in Nigeria these days are much smarter Dan u suppose. Dnt go to d public schools, try 2/3 private schools and be better informed.
even the public skool kids in nigeroa knows state and capital(even tho they mix it up).
lots of americans dont even know their anthems and capital of states...
shey na d dumbasses wey thonk say africa na country u wan talk??

1 Like

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by viqueta(m): 8:31am On Jun 02, 2017
Lala where art thou
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by R3B3L(m): 8:34am On Jun 02, 2017
bjbukzy:

even the public skool kids in nigeroa knows state and capital(even tho they mix it up).
lots of americans dont even know their anthems and capital of states...
shey na d dumbasses wey thonk say africa na country u wan talk??
firstly make dem even consider the comfort these kids are born into. Their educational system is advanced for sure.. Until our educational system has caught up to theirs den it will make sense to compare. With the little our kids here are groomed with they can still compete favorably, and den think of wen we have as much as they have.
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by femi4: 9:22am On Jun 02, 2017
jagugu88li:
......and someone will still think nigeria will one day be better.

My brother, no one in this thread seemingly understands the requirements of the assigments, hence the million complaints. Let them....

A child not being able to recite the states and all is fine, but the parent must monitor. A creative parent knows to align a state either with colour or tribe and the child will hopefully as time goes be able to recite just a few. No one expects them to cram and know all now.....its a guideline as to what the parents must bring to teacher as proof that parent is also helping the child at home, whilst teacher is doing her part at school.
Goodluck
you craw before you walk. You cannot identify things around you, yet your teacher want you to identify state and capital.

The other day, a teacher was teaching her pupils how to write essay in Yoruba without starting from foundation on how two/three letter words in Yoruba are formed.

Teaching should be progressive and the foundation must be solid otherwise the builders build in vain

1 Like

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by Obongawanesther(f): 9:27am On Jun 02, 2017
I no fit shout
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by emae009(m): 10:22am On Jun 02, 2017
in my opinion I think this is excessive for a 2 years old... it's good to stimulate the brain but in their formative years children should be taught values and morals
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by airex(m): 11:37am On Jun 02, 2017
RoyalBoutique:

What's in the questions?

I bless God you are also a Nigerian.
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by kudzic(m): 11:47am On Jun 02, 2017
peckebu:
this is serious
In my view,the assignment is actually directed to the parent,as no sane teacher would give this to a 2yr old kid.
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by GuntersChain(m): 12:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
How much did they pay you for the advert.
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by RoyalBoutique(m): 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
d33types:

Inferiority complex is upon you..a 2yr old knows the 50 US states? You've not been outside Nigeria ,sorry

Local man.

That's why you'll remain an average guy in life.

2 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by RoyalBoutique(m): 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
airex:
I bless God you are also a Nigerian.

Proudly.

2 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by d33types: 1:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
RoyalBoutique:

Local man.

That's why you'll remain an average guy in life.

You think giving an 8yr old a car is progressive? I sorry for you. Person when never reach airport talkless of abroad dey call America up and down.

Go check the US Montessori pre nursery guidelines my friend, this is simply madness and over zealousness
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by RoyalBoutique(m): 1:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
d33types:

You think giving an 8yr old a car is progressive? I sorry for you. Person when never reach airport talkless of abroad dey call America up and down.

Go check the US Montessori pre nursery guidelines my friend, this is simply madness and over zealousness

Local man.

That's why you'll remain an average guy in life

2 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by d33types: 1:38pm On Jun 02, 2017
RoyalBoutique:

Local man.

That's why you can only have dreams but not achieve them.
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by RoyalBoutique(m): 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
d33types:

That's why you can only have dreams but not achieve them.
Local man.

2 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by d33types: 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
RoyalBoutique:

Local man.

grin grin one liner olodo..try to be more innovative in your interactions.it helps than trying to force a kid to learn.
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by RoyalBoutique(m): 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
d33types:

grin grin one liner olodo..try to be more innovative in your interactions.it helps than trying to force a kid to learn.
Local man.

2 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by viqueta(m): 6:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
So this mod never push this post go FP because snake no dey abi? Kontinu

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Dude Built A Guitar Out Of His Dead Uncle’s Skeleton / New Zealand Development Scholarship Assessment 2018/2019 / Did You Know These Things Had Names?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.