Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,874 members, 7,851,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:47 AM

My Advice To Admission Seekers Who Are Hoping To Work With Their Certificate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Advice To Admission Seekers Who Are Hoping To Work With Their Certificate (369 Views)

120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission / NAIJ.COM Brings Goodnews To Admission Seekers Who Failed UTME In 2017 / Learn More Nigeria Brings Goodnews To Admission Seekers In 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Advice To Admission Seekers Who Are Hoping To Work With Their Certificate by Ezi39: 5:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
Having graduated university some years back and still remain unemployed, I have the following advice for those who are hoping to work with their certificate in Nigeria:

1. AGE: There's age discrimination in Nigeria so before you consider that admission make you are within the age range of 16 to 19 years. This is because most employer of labour are now after fresh graduate that are not more than 24 years of age.
Even if there state the number of years of experience they still place that age hurdle.

2. GRADE: Insist on finishing as a first class graduate but if not possible go for Second class higher or upper credit. This is because most employers of labour are after grade. They don't care whether it was obtained by the one we call 'sorting' or it was obtained through cheating. Ask those brilliant graduates that finished with second class lower credit they will tell you more.

3. PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE: This is another hurdle facing job seekers in Nigeria. The earlier you join your professional body the better for you. Make sure you obtain it upon graduating to make it easier for you. Example is COREN for engineers, TRCN for teachers., etc.

4. COURSE OF STUDY: No course is more important than another but some will fetch you job faster while some will delay your getting job offers. In fact the whole thing epitomises the proverbial quote in Animal Farm that "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others. "

5. CHOICE OF INSTITUTION: Where you graduated can affect your job search. Also some schools can delay when it comes to issuing certificate. Your certificate must be intact for you to secure a well paid job. So Insist on school that don't delay when it comes to issuing certificate. Finally avoid school that is prone to crisis which always result to strike.
These are the basic requirements that are for those seeking the right ways. The remaining ones sound bizarre but are also the factors that are considered before you'll be landed some jobs.
Re: My Advice To Admission Seekers Who Are Hoping To Work With Their Certificate by Teebouye995(m): 5:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
Re: My Advice To Admission Seekers Who Are Hoping To Work With Their Certificate by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
Basic Truth..!!
Get a professional certification in IT and beat the crowd!!
Does it sound simple?
Yes it is... if you are in Lagos, just hit me up and we discuss.

(1) (Reply)

All JAMB 2017 Results Will Be Released Before Admission Commences / Connect Me To A Good Data Analyst In Unilag / Sosoliso Plane Crash Survivor Kechi, Graduates With A First Class From U.S. Univ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.