Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,748 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

9 Cities In Edo State You Didn’t Know Haven’t Had NEPA Light For 5 Years! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 9 Cities In Edo State You Didn’t Know Haven’t Had NEPA Light For 5 Years! (528 Views)

I Was Lucky I Didn’t Know A Snake Was Above My Head / He Called After 5 Years In The US (read) / NEPA Bill In 1984 Vs 2017 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

9 Cities In Edo State You Didn’t Know Haven’t Had NEPA Light For 5 Years! by supernova094(m): 9:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
In Ovia North East Local Council, nine cities in Edo State Nigeria have been denied electricity by their power holding company for the past 5 years, The Guardian reports.

The affected cities in Edo State Nigeria are namely betta, Utese, Uhen, Obgese, Olumoye, Ugbuwe, Aghanokpe, Okodo and Ugbodo.

The bundle have sited instances when they approached the state and federal governments about their plea and had received failed promises to aliviate their suffering. Most Nigerians living in Nigeria know by now that this is the reality of most issues taken to the government to solve.

Commenting on the issue, Mr. Terry Ebose, the youth President of Utese community, one of the affected cities in Edo State Nigeria, spoke with newsmen at lamenting that the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) for some unknown reason denied the cities in Edo State Nigeria electricity during their tenure. A situation which is yet to be resolved by the takeover company that serves Edo State, Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC).

Mr. Ebose explained that PHCN had told them that it’s installations that supplied the communities at Okada couldn’t carry the load of other communities simultaneously.

This resulted in the well renowned scenario of light sharing that some Lagos residents (like myself) have become accustomed to. This scheme saw these communities not having electricity for up to 2 weeks at a stretch before the company convinently forgot about them.

Meanwhile, successor, BEDC has claimed that the reason it hasn’t rectified the light issues is because the communities “suddenly” collectively owe the sum of N900, 000 within the 5 years under review.
Read complete story on http://thelekkipost.com/9-cities-in-edo-state-nigeria-that/
Re: 9 Cities In Edo State You Didn’t Know Haven’t Had NEPA Light For 5 Years! by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
That's Edo state. Trust me, they do not need Electricity (NEPA Light). It's bad for their aviation business at night.

(1) (Reply)

Harrysong Busted / Akwa Ibom Is The Reason Exxonmobil Laughs Off The Demands Of Akwa Ibom By Uduak / If Hollywood Made Game Of Throne, Here's The Ideal Cast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.