Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Help! My Watermelon Farm Is Under Attack! (pics) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help! My Watermelon Farm Is Under Attack! (pics) (1485 Views)

My Watermelon farm / My Watermelon Farm Turn Cassava Farm / My Watermelon Experiment Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Watermelon Farm Is Under Attack! (pics) by Olurote(m): 10:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
Please help. The watermelon planting was done 7 weeks ago and pesticide(cyperforce) is being applied every 9 days. The last day of pesticide application was Monday. On getting to the farm today, I discovered that holes have been bored into some while some look like they have been eaten by insects. I have uploaded pictures with this post. Who has experienced something like this before and what can I do. I really need help. Pieces of advice please.
Mods front page pls

Re: Help! My Watermelon Farm Is Under Attack! (pics) by legendary16(m): 11:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
Re: Help! My Watermelon Farm Is Under Attack! (pics) by hajlat2(m): 5:55am On Jun 02, 2017
This can occur if you add boost extra to the cyperforce and you apply it to your plants at sunrise.
It can also occur when water is suddenly applied after long time deprivation of water. Sudden change in temperature will cause them to split.
It has happened to my plants few years ago.
Be rest assured it wouldn't affect your profit if you have treated them well at initial stage.
From that image, I can say they are almost ready for harvest.
We need more response from experienced farmers.
Re: Help! My Watermelon Farm Is Under Attack! (pics) by jeffmyson(m): 6:49am On Jun 02, 2017
What you are experiencing is the symptoms of calcium deficiency in the soil and water stress. Water melons are sensitive to water stress and react by splitting if water is suddenly applied to it, the problem is worse if your soil is calcium deficient.
Re: Help! My Watermelon Farm Is Under Attack! (pics) by Olurote(m): 6:55am On Jun 02, 2017
hajlat2:
This can occur if you add boost extra to the cyperforce and you apply it to your plants at sunrise.
It can also occur when water is suddenly applied after long time deprivation of water. Sudden change in temperature will cause them to split.
It has happened to my plants few years ago.
Be rest assured it wouldn't affect your profit if you have treated them well at initial stage.
From that image, I can say they are almost ready for harvest.
We need more response from experienced farmers.
This is helpful. They were deprived water for a period truly due to lack of rainfall. I hope, like you said, it will not affect the profit. Thanks
Re: Help! My Watermelon Farm Is Under Attack! (pics) by Olurote(m): 6:57am On Jun 02, 2017
jeffmyson:
What you are experiencing is the symptoms of calcium deficiency in the soil and water stress. Water melons are sensitive to water stress and react by splitting if water is suddenly applied to it, the problem is worse if your soil is calcium deficient.
Thanks for the enlightenment. How do you suggest I increase the calcium level of the soil?
Re: Help! My Watermelon Farm Is Under Attack! (pics) by Olurote(m): 10:20am On Jun 02, 2017
I just read about cutworms now. Those beasts can wreck the same havoc. Sadly, I saw a couple of them on some watermelon balls, yesterday evening. They operate largely at night and hide underground in the day. Their judgment day has come!
Re: Help! My Watermelon Farm Is Under Attack! (pics) by Tony818(m): 5:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
Olurote:
I just read about cutworms now. Those beasts can wreck the same havoc. Sadly, I saw a couple of them on some watermelon balls, yesterday evening. They operate largely at night and hide underground in the day. Their judgment day has come!
This product can help call 07034268660 to place an order

(1) (Reply)

I Need Golden Melon Seed / I Need Powder Rooting Hormone IBA / Automatic Bell Drinker 09094538736

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.