Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

How An Illiterate Farmer Makes Cool Money From Rabbit Urine. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How An Illiterate Farmer Makes Cool Money From Rabbit Urine. (3100 Views)

Rabbit Urine And Droppings/poop For Organic Fertilizer Need / Rabbit Poo And Rabbit Urine Is Needed / Do You Reside Around The East? Have A Farm?ok! Rabbit Urine And Waste For Sale! (2) (3) (4)

How An Illiterate Farmer Makes Cool Money From Rabbit Urine. by Helenbims(m): 11:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
Are You Still Looking For Job?
See How An Illiterate Makes Millions From Rabbit Urine and why You Need To Start Rabbit Farming .

Rabbit urine is highly corrosive, thus one must use materials that do not rust when constructing the pens.
In a month, he collects up to 300 litres of urine, which he carries on his pick-up truck to a depot on Ladhies Road for transportation to Eldoret, where the factory that processes the urine is located.
“I have delivered about 2,000 litres of urine to the processing plant and I am now waiting for my pay cheque,” says Maina, who bought the animals from Kinangop, Kiria-ini and Nanyuki.
The urine the farmer produces is used in the making of Rabbits Urine Extra, an organic liquid manure, which was unveiled recently.
The manure is manufactured from urine produced by farmers in Bomet, Eldoret, Nairobi and Kisii counties.
“Plans are underway to open two such factories at Dagoretti and Ruai in Nairobi in the course of this year,” says Robinson Runyenje, the developer of the fertiliser.
The fertiliser is produced by Kenya Com Rabbit Consortium Limited.
Runyenje, the chief executive at the consortium, says he conducted research and realised the organic fertiliser in the market was not made from rabbit urine.
“The fertiliser is rich in various elements including macro and micro nutrients that can be used as foliar feed and soil conditioner,” he says.
According to him, rabbit urine can end farmers’ reliance on NPK and CAN fertilisers whose prolonged use leave the soil unhealthy.
“As it is, our soils are facing an acidity crisis. Farmers are using a lot of money to reclaim their soils and make them useful,” says Runyenje.
To supply the company with rabbit urine, farmers have to register to be members.
“They are paid Sh100 per litre of urine supplied, alongside a bonus that will be given quarterly,” he says.
The idea is getting the farmer to sell directly without going through middlemen, thus enabling the farmer to earn more.

Re: How An Illiterate Farmer Makes Cool Money From Rabbit Urine. by Nobody: 12:17am On Jun 02, 2017
insightful

Re: How An Illiterate Farmer Makes Cool Money From Rabbit Urine. by Meajor(m): 6:32am On Jun 02, 2017
But na Nigeria I dey, where can I sell, because from all indication this post is for Kenyans
Re: How An Illiterate Farmer Makes Cool Money From Rabbit Urine. by Helenbims(m): 7:32am On Jun 02, 2017
@Mayor, are you saying if a business is done in one country, it can't be replicated in another country? This post is not meant for Kenyans. It's just to open Nigerians eyes to how people from other countries make money and how we can quickly tap info this and start making our own cash instead of looking for jobs

There are several opportunities in Rabbit Farming, i'm a Rabbit Famer and I'm ready to teach anyone interested in it.

Re: How An Illiterate Farmer Makes Cool Money From Rabbit Urine. by Olohungbebe: 9:23pm On Nov 15, 2020
Am interested in Rabbits farming sir
Please put me through

N1,200 Per Bag Of Charcoal / Wheat Offal In Large Volume Call 07035554522 / Which Other Company Apart From AMO FARMS Buy Broilers From Farmers