Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Call For Africa Developers - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / Call For Africa Developers (398 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Call For Africa Developers by Rubyist(m): 12:04am On Jun 02, 2017
Here I am, just moved up the ladder from an amateur developer to intermediate. My aim as always been to be attributed to something. The crave for learning died when i start working as a php developer in a reputable company at Ib. Picking libraries, testing new libraries, trying to clone a function all stop. Until when i was trying to create a notification system and i was looking all around for libraries. Couldnt get one without websocket, and we all know things with start asking for hosting service that support websocket and all. So i hand coded the notification system using short pooling method. Then i ask myself, why cant we in this country start building things for other developers too to start using. Everytime i use stackoverflow most anwsers are from white. We dont wanna think here anylonger. You have a problem, do the stackoverflow thing, copy step and gbam you do it. Aniways, long story short. What i want is a telegram group of php/js programmer others are welcome too that algorithmically good. Who together we implements algorithms and make libraries out of it for people to use. We build together, we help when any is stranded on a project. We learn and read togethe for betterment of programming here in Africa. Please the last time i try this on whatsapp it was turned to broadcasting group that why i am choosing telegram now. Thanks. Add me up on 08177171797
Re: Call For Africa Developers by Bros1: 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
Brother i agree with you.

Most developers here are consumers of software technologies alone. We will need to invest more in ourselves to be able to develop software technologies for other developers to consume.

I am not that much a php/ruby person but fully support your initiative.

Kudos

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Dynamics NAV -ERP / IMEI Problem, Please Help! / Instant Site Generator Software For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.