Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying (17378 Views)

6 Reasons Students Fail Examination Despite Studying / Here Are 11 Good Reasons Why Students Fail Jamb / Why Students Fail Maths In WAEC, NECO - Prof. Onah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by Classicinfospot(m): 7:27am On Jun 02, 2017
There is need to understand the major reasons why students fail examination in spite of reading so as not to fall victim of the situation. As a student, if you fail an examination, most people including your parent, friends and loved ones do not hesitate to conclude that you have failed to study for the examination. This conclusion is in accordance with the facts based on past events and history,in fact, failure to study for an examination is the major reason for failure. 

However, there are rare cases where students study for an examination and at the end fail such examination. This rare occurrence is due to the some factors which students fail to consider in the course of preparation. 

Some of this factors will be considered in this article.

1. READING ONLY FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE EXAMINATION

This is the major reason why people read. However, it should be noted that there is no end to education. It is not about reading for examination, passing the examination and ending it like that. Your purpose of reading should be because you want to acquire knowledge. With this mindset, you'll get to understand what you are reading better. 

2. LACK OF STUDY  PLAN

The importance of having a study plan should not be underestimated. It is a vital step towards an effective reading. Many student read for examination without effective planning. This attitude makes students fail to meet the requirements for the examination. 

To ensure an effective study plan, the factors below should be noted:-

Set daily targets and ensure you achieve them. If due to any reason you are not able to meet the daily target, try as much as possible to sacrifice your night or other time to achieve them. Don't leave daily target unachieved! Reading timetable should be drawn and ensure you stick to it! Spend more time on your weakness(es) 

3. FAILURE TO MEET THE EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS

It is a common attitude of examination bodies to have a range of required knowledge from their candidates. This is usually found in the syllabus. Some students read randomly without even knowing what is expected of them by the examination body. As a result, many read below expected while others waste useful time that should have been used to cover the whole syllabus above expected on few topics. They end up knowing few questions from the little topics they have read.

To avoid falling victim of this:-
Ensure you have the official syllabus
Use the textbooks recommended by the examination body(if any) 
Ensure you cover the syllabus before the commencement of the examination. 

4. INEFFECTIVE READING

Reading effectively is the key to passing an examination. The question you should ask is "How do I read effectively?" Simple! You can read my article on "How to read effectively and remember everything" by clicking http://classicinfospot..com.ng/2017/05/10-proven-ways-to-read-effectively-and.html?m=1

5. LACK OF CONFIDENCE

Few students that read effectively fail examination due to lack of confidence. However, Confidence is only built up when you have prepared adequately for and examination. So, read effectively, confide in yourself and the story will change. 

6. NEGLECTING THE POWER OF PRAYER 

Every process in the life of a man is incomplete without prayer, so don't neglect prayer while reading for an examination. Prayer is the key to success.

Source:- http://classicinfospot..co.ke/2017/04/top-6-reasons-why-students-fail.html

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by naijablood: 7:33am On Jun 02, 2017
Great

Download "Fall" [official] by Davido

http://www.exposeline.com/2017/06/02/davido-fall/
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by Arian11(m): 7:34am On Jun 02, 2017
talking about number 3 that just pisses me tf off ...especially during exam..you'll hear someone say .... "no be resistor and transistor prof say make we read" and i'll be like tf or they ask "we dey use compass for this exam" like WTF...

and number 6 lol....had a classmate back in high school ...nobody pray pass this guy but exam would come and grades still an F or a D ... and we that (GOD Forgive me) its not like we go to chapel or pray like that we'll write exam and come out with A or B ...you could feel the surprise on his face like how? how? but the thing is that if you don't read you cant pass shii.... prayer to support but reading is the koko

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by DEIFIED(m): 7:34am On Jun 02, 2017
firstus to commi
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by CrazyScientist: 7:34am On Jun 02, 2017
7. Laziness, Incompetence and Negligence on the part of the Lecturers/Teachers. angry

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by Damfostopper(m): 7:34am On Jun 02, 2017
okay... noted
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by hobermener: 7:34am On Jun 02, 2017
F
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by brianok(m): 7:34am On Jun 02, 2017
Nice one.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by Olasco93: 7:34am On Jun 02, 2017
Smartphones and Apps like WhatsApp, Facebook etc no dey make student read effectively again. Them don make students lazy.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by smartty68(m): 7:35am On Jun 02, 2017
And cramming like kilode, by the time you ask them question for inside exam hall na so wetin them don cram go disappear for their memory cheesy

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by kings09(m): 7:35am On Jun 02, 2017
Ok. Moving on....
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:35am On Jun 02, 2017
True, student don't read to know and that's one major problem
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 02, 2017
So true,that last point is very important.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by supremegists: 7:36am On Jun 02, 2017
I totally agree with this write up. Kudos for the writer. So many students do not have study plans which is actually detrimental to being successful when it comes to education. Others feel without prayer after reading they can just make it through the examination because they are super humans. But God first in everything we do. See the latest publication regarding UNN admission 2017/2018 cut-off marks
http://trendyupdates.com.ng/university-nigeria-unn-admission-20172018-cut-off-marks-disclaimer/
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by Chidex2442(m): 7:36am On Jun 02, 2017
E
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by deebee13(f): 7:36am On Jun 02, 2017
6. Slaying: Too busy in front of the mirror doing 'make-uping' for instagram, to bother about reading, with a backup plan to slay the lecturer after the exams.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by Ne0w1zarD: 7:37am On Jun 02, 2017
Nice one, OP
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by PrinceCEE(m): 7:37am On Jun 02, 2017
The points made above are very true. But I'd like to admonish students on number 1.
Most students, if not all, read solely for exam.
One bad thing about it is that, you tend to forget all you've read in the exam hall when you're under tension.
But when you read with the mindset of applying it later in life, it'll become part of you and whenever you're called upon, you'll surely defend it.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 02, 2017
If you are preparing for an exam, read in such a way that your main target will be to PASS the exam.
Reading for Knowledge is overated.
So many things come into play.
If yo need cram to pass, baba cram the damn thing.
Last last, na who pass jack
Don't even argue with me.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by SConnect: 7:38am On Jun 02, 2017
Very accurate.

Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 02, 2017
oh
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by Antarch: 7:39am On Jun 02, 2017
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by ItalianWine(f): 7:40am On Jun 02, 2017
deebee13:
6. Slaying: Too busy in front of the mirror doing 'make-uping' for instagram, to bother about reading, with a backup plan to slay the lecturer after the exams.

Sharp girl grin

Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 02, 2017
You neglect to mention that our teachers and lecturers of today dont take their jobs seriously, they are only in it for money.

A case is the Ken Saro Wiwa College, the lecturers take sorting without which students are doomed to repeat classes indefinitely.

It so brazenly clear and the school does nothing about it, tell me why should a student study when he/she knows that sorting will have to be done.

Those who cant afford will trade their bodies for sex, or volunteer to be hit men.

The damage of this vice apart from rewarding laziness and mediocrity is that we can never get quality graduates again, hence we shall rely on cheap foreign labor from other african countries to meet our labor needs.

Too bad.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 02, 2017
Learning the wrong way. Some people just cram everything and wonder why they fail
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by Antarch: 7:46am On Jun 02, 2017
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by jnrbayano(m): 7:49am On Jun 02, 2017
Prayer?

It helps but its not exclusive. People who don't know God write and pass exams in flying colours.

God helps everybody even without being begged to.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by donviso(m): 7:51am On Jun 02, 2017
HELLO MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS, THIS IS A LIFE TIME OPPORTUNITY FOR ME AND EVERY YOUNG NIGERIAN OUT THERE..
I am currently nominated to be among the 40 young global leaders with immense contributions to family planning.. As part of the selection voting is stipulated.
Please I don't know how best to ask for your support on this but I don't know where else I would seek support like here.

http://120under40.org/nominee/elvis-okolie

Steps to vote
Please Click on the link
Click on vote for nominee
Create an account using ur email (gmail is faster)
And ur voting is done..
It takes less than 5minutes if you use Google Chrome browser
God bless you as you support this movement
PLEASE ADMINS CAN WE GET THIS TO THE FRONT PAGE.. I LOVE NAIRALAND AND I NEED THEIR SUPPORT NOW..

Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by bikerboy1(m): 7:55am On Jun 02, 2017
grin
Re: 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying by BalogunIdowu(m): 7:57am On Jun 02, 2017
the first reason is a very important one like wise others

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNILAG SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME REQUIREMENTS & DURATION - 09082964145 / LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position / BREAKING: UI Shut Over Students’ Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.