Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo (29376 Views)

4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know / 7 Tourist Centers You Didn’t Know Existed In Nigeria (photos) / 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Obudu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by Opinionated: 11:25am On Jun 02, 2017
Imo is one of the states in the South East of Nigeria, located in the heart of Igboland. Its capital city is Owerri, the state’s largest city, and the state’s main economic stay is agriculture and commerce. It’s a bustling state with a lot to offer in culture, history and even business and investment opportunities. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 5 things about Owerri you probably didn’t know.

It has a Zoological Garden

Owerri, the capital Imo State, is the home of the Nekede Botanical Garden, a well-tended area for displaying varieties of plants labelled with their botanical names. It’s a spectacular garden on a large landscape with ever-changing beauty. It’s one of the major tourist attractions of Imo state. Some hotels to lodge in while visiting include Rockview Hotels, Santiago Suite etc.

It’s the Location of the Amadioha Shrine

Well, this is not exactly a place the majority might want to visit, but some might find it interesting to know Imo state is the location of the shrine of the famous deity, Amadioha. Amadioha is the Igbo traditional god of lightning and thunder. The Amadioha shrine is particularly situated in Ngo Okpala Local Government area of Imo State.

It has Its Very Own Signature Hill (Peculiar to the State Alone)

The rolling hills of Okigwe is located in the north-eastern part of Imo State. It possesses very attractive and appealing qualities that lists it as one of the major tourist attractions in Imo State and in Nigeria. The hill consists of a series of expanding hills with varying heights and ruggedness. It’s indeed a fascinating attraction and one of nature’s finest works. The hills provide a suitable site for camping and picnicking with friends and family, and it’s a great site to enjoy the endowments of nature.

The State Was Named After the Imo River

Imo State came into existence in 1976, after the Nigerian Civil War. It was originally part of the now defunct East Central State created in 1967 by General Yakubu Gowon. The state was created at Ngwoma named after the Imo River. After the state creation, part of it was later split off in 1991 as Abia State and another part became Ebonyi State.

It has One of the Biggest and Most Viable Oil Palm Plantations in West Africa

The Ada Palm Plantation Complex situated in Imo State, is believed to be the biggest and most viable oil palm plantations in West Africa. The palm plantation was established in 1974, occupies about 4,310 hectares of land, with a housing estate and was one of the nation’s major sources of foreign exchange before the discovery of Petroleum.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-things-probably-didnt-know-imo/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by Arian11(m): 12:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
am i FTC? cheesy cheesy

guy below me ...today na today .... grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by IhateAfonjas(m): 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2017

1 thing you probably don't know about Imo state

* Their governor Okorohausa is a good for nothing goat face

He went to the USA, took a picture with Obama, came back home and built a large billboard to display his stupidity

Looking like a baby elephant

128 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by Olasco93: 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
It's the only state where Civil Servants wear Uniform to work.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
It is big home for any kind of accommodation. Hotels, BnB, Short-time, long time and quickly quickly shocked shocked shocked

8 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
Proudly IMO grin

Shame we have Okoroawusa as a leader

If you from IMO Holla!!

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by Freelancer007(m): 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by asumo12: 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
Arian11:
am i FTC? cheesy cheesy

guy below me ...today na today .... grin grin grin

cry
Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 02, 2017
It's home to the famous Mbaise people. "Kill them before you kill snake" tongue

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by Evablizin(f): 12:41pm On Jun 02, 2017
At least i know that governor of doom OkoroAwusa is their Governor currently.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by ShitHead(m): 12:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
Women there are too hairy and they don't shave. Anytime I'm going to fucck an Imo girl, I always go with 3 shaving sticks and deodorants.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by Kangol99(m): 12:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hmmmmm....every state has it own beautiful area.

Hope this is not the most beautiful place in IMO?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by Godswillnwaoma(m): 12:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
imo state, my beloved state. The only state that can boast of 99% literecy rate.
But we are so unfortunate in governance. Na bad bad leaders we dey get starting from udenwa, ohakim aka ikiri and this hausa thief called okorocha.
I wonder when we will get a good leader like anambra state, i wish obiano is my governor.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by moorevic(m): 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
Imo isn't expanding based on growth and development but working on what the already have.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by seeniorboy(m): 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
IhateAfonjas:
Hh

Guy! I beg u no get work?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by grandstar(m): 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
Its a beautiful city. I hope to visit one day

Proudly Yoruba

13 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by Dandsome: 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
Also the Governor has a very big pot belly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by constance500: 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
Imo for video calls

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by sukkot: 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
wink the terrain of okoroawusa lmao. i like that name lol. okoroawusa. igbo boys gat jokes mayne. yall funnier than a mahfuka

another funny one, joe yorobakwe lmaoooo. how do they come up with these funny names ?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by lekancaring(m): 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
Is a beautiful place to stay

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by Angelb4: 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
6) That Okorocha is the best Governor of Imo so far.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by Oladelson(m): 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
ehyaaaa, pls who is selling his or her f**k so dat i can give for this grin grin grin

nice sha wink wink
Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by driand(m): 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
Proud son of IMO here,,...

17 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by Zaheertyler(m): 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2017
ala owerri..... one of the sweetest places to stay... even tho I'm tired of it
Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by profhezekiah: 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2017
I thought the write up was for IMO video app nt knowing it was for Imo state, please kindly leave d exit, I wan go out

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by chynie: 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2017
Home to Amadioha
Ohk oooo
Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by IhateAfonjas(m): 12:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
seeniorboy:

Guy! I beg u no get work?

Baby donkey

It's 6:47am here in Chicago

And I'm self employed which means that i have enough time to torment your worthless life here on Nairaland

Now, go to your room and cry about your future

14 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by realnas(m): 12:48pm On Jun 02, 2017
Their girls are olosho....

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by IhateAfonjas(m): 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
realnas:
Their girls are olosho....

And what is your mother ??

A pastor ??

ShitHead:
Women there are too hairy and they don't shave. Anytime I'm going to fucck an Imo girl, I always go with 3 shaving sticks and deodorants.

Yoruba girls smell like elephant shiit mixed with rotten wound

*Spits

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo by emmanude(m): 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
And beautiful women too kiss

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ / Richard Branson's Flight To Space (Video) / Another Corps Member Dies In Motor Accident On His Way Home After POP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.