Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,315 members, 7,867,834 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:09 AM

What The Hell Is South South? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Hell Is South South? (718 Views)

What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do / Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? / Where Is South South and North central In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Hell Is South South? by Debatesmartly: 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2017
So someone from crossriver has more in common with someone from Edo than he has with someone from Ebonyi?
Re: What The Hell Is South South? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
Debatesmartly:
So someone from crossriver has more in common with someone from Edo than he has with someone from Ebonyi?

Cross River and Akwa Ibom are more Southeastern than Anambra, IMO, abia, Enugu & Ebonyi States.

2 Likes

Re: What The Hell Is South South? by Fremancipation: 4:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
South South is the word that perfectly captures the quagmire Nigeria is in.

3 Likes

Re: What The Hell Is South South? by Debatesmartly: 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
BininEmpire:

Cross River and Akwa Ibom are more Southeastern the Anambra, IMO, abia, Enugu & Ebonyi States.

Exactly it makes no sense!
Re: What The Hell Is South South? by ivandragon: 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
it is primarily a geographical expression used for administrative & political purposes.
Re: What The Hell Is South South? by Debatesmartly: 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
ivandragon:
it is primarily a geographical expression used for administrative & political purposes.

And it doesnt make sense

1 Like

Re: What The Hell Is South South? by GrandGarcon: 5:34pm On Jun 02, 2017
Fremancipation:
South South is the word that perfectly captures the quagmire Nigeria is in.
Exactly!

4 Likes

Re: What The Hell Is South South? by Ballmer: 5:41pm On Jun 02, 2017
If South south does not make sense how does south east make sense or is there a new Igbotic narrative in town.
Re: What The Hell Is South South? by id911(m): 5:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
Debatesmartly:

I'm from Akwa Ibom. The so-called south south is usually funny to me. I'm from the east or more appropriately south east of Nigeria.

At least I did Geography in Secondary School. When i was in school and during time to draw states on the map, Akwa Ibom is normally shown to be in south eastern part of Nigeria. We have north, south, west and east. We can also further categorize it as north-east, north-west, south-west and south-east.

There's nothing known as south-south or north-north in Geography

5 Likes

Re: What The Hell Is South South? by EzeUche(m): 5:45pm On Jun 02, 2017
A mere geographic expression to divide the East after the war.

4 Likes

Re: What The Hell Is South South? by Debatesmartly: 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
EzeUche:
A mere geographic expression to divide the East after the war.

And this right here is the simple truth

2 Likes

Re: What The Hell Is South South? by Arda1000(m): 6:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
Ballmer:
If South south does not make sense how does south east make sense or is there a new Igbotic narrative in town.

(1) (Reply)

Excuse Me Sir, But Do I Look Stupid To You? / Jonathan's Removal Was A Bigger Threat Than Biafra - Rotimi Amaechi / APC Reverses Jibrin’s Expulsion, Describes It As ’embarassing’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.