Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,412 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. (1954 Views)

Constituents Move To Recall Sen.abaribe Attack On Buhari Government / Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) / Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by Lordxeer(m): 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
PRESS RELEASE

We the combined peoples of Kogi West Senatorial Zone of Kogi State are here today to initiate the process of recall for Senator Dino Melaye. We are here to pick the forms to commence the process from INEC.

Let is be known that all of the Local Government Areas comprising Kogi West Senatorial Zone are united in their resolve to recall Senator Dino Melaye and remove the disgrace he has become to all us.

We represent the following LGAs:

Yagba West

Yagba East

Mopamuro

Ijumu

Kabba/Bunu

Koton-Karfe

Lokoja

We have compiled the key reasons below to show the world that Senator Dino Melaye’s recall is not only long overdue, but the right thing to do in the best interests of Kogi West Senatorial Zone, Kogi State, Nigeria, and in fact the institution and dignity of the distinguished Senate of the Federal Republic Republic.

ATROCITIES BY  SENATOR DINO MELAYE FOR WHICH HIS CONSTITUENTS NOW SEEK HIS RECALL

He has not deemed it fit to have a Constituency Office in Kogi West Senatorial Zone even after 2 years in the Senate, meaning he has no presence in the Zone and we have no way of reaching our Senator.

He has no projects initiated in the constituency after 2 years in the Senate.

He is known for a continuous flow of irresponsible utterances which embarrass the constituency. For example: ‘I will beat…impregnate you’ referring to a fellow Senator and the wife of the National Leader of the APC, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu.

Violence, thuggery and other Electoral Offences against our people during elections.

He insulted former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
6. He insulted President Muhammadu Buhari.

He not only insulted Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, but he travelled all the way from Abuja to the leader's home in Lagos looking for a fight.

He insulted the Sultan of Sokoto,calling him an Islamist with a Muslim agenda in Kogi State, simply because His Eminence visited to celebrate the 1st Anniversary of the Government of His Excellency, Governor Yahaya Bello.

He routinely insults other leaders, elders and personalities.

He persists in portraying our Senatorial Zone as hostile to the Administrations of His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari and His Excellency, Governor of Yahaya Bello of Kogi State respectively, for no just cause and not minding the impact on us.

He is notorious for conduct unbecoming of a Senator in the way and manner he relates to the Senate President as if he were a bodyguard or houseboy instead of a full Senator representing a proud constituency like us.

He is enmeshed in a pending certificate scandal - we now believe he lied to us about his academic qualifications, part of the basis of which he sold his candidature.

He has brought home no dividends of democracy to our Senatorial District.

He paints our dear Kogi State bad in the Press at every opportunity he gets for his own selfish political interests, many times without even a clear understanding of what he is talking about.

His source of wealth is questionable to us and certainly not the model we wish our youth to emulate.

He is indecent and deliberately corrupts public morals, for example, he routinely gives youths in the constituency who approach him for help N1000.00 or less, telling them to use it to buy condoms.

He is notoriously corrupt and has been caught on video scheming steal the resources of Kogi State among himself and a few cronies calling us elephants to be killed and shared.

He is an electoral fraud and has been caught on audio offering a Judicial Officer money to decide an electoral matter in his favour.

He has no respect for Party democracy, and routinely flouts lawful decisions and directives of even his own party leadership.

Dino Melaye has breached multiple codes of conduct by his deliberate acts and omissions and it is time the authorities acted to enforce the laws and the Constitution.

Whether the appropriate authorities act or not, we the people of his constituency who are at the receiving end of his shameful deeds have run out of patience and are resolved to recall and replace him with a decent and people-oriented Senator.

We understand the requirements of S69 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 regarding the recall of such a member of the National Assembly and hereby assure everyone that Kogi Central Senatorial Zone is united in this and will achieve it.

We hereby give the Kogi State Government notice that we are going through with this and if they will not help us, they must also not try to stop us or put obstacles in our way, in particular, everything the Law requires to be done by the Administration in Lokoja in aid of this process must be done with despatch.

God Bless Kogi West Senatorial Zone. God bless Kogi State.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Thank you

http://thenigerialawyer.com/just-in-constituents-protest-to-inec-demand-recall-of-dino-melaye/

2 Likes

Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by FieryJustice(m): 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by Teebouye995(m): 4:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by pauljumbo: 4:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
why not recall buhari

too much clowns in the system

6 Likes

Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by Gravas(m): 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
How i wish people from his LG will put tribalism aside and take him out of that place. He is not there to serve his people but rather, for his own selfish benefits.

3 Likes

Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by intruxive(m): 4:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
Gangan, bye dino

1 Like

Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by sekundosekundo: 4:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
How can a state that has YABA LEFT as a local govnt. not produce a lunatic as a Senator.?.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by Grundig: 4:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
This is an exercise in futility.

The process of recalling a lawmaker in Nigeria is long winded. One of them involves obtaining clearance from the national assembly.

Until dino and saraki have a misunderstanding akin to dogara and abdulmuminu nothing dey happen

9 Likes

Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by DEXTROVERT: 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2017
Damn jokers he ain't going down yet..

4 Likes

Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by Dlionsheart: 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
Gravas:
How i wish people from his LG will put tribalism aside and take him out of that place. He is not there to serve his people but rather, for his own selfish benefits.

Pls can you show me any senator that's there to serve his poeple and not his selfish interest

8 Likes

Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by Gravas(m): 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
Dlionsheart:

Pls can you show me any senator that's there to serve his poeple and not his selfish interest

Hope you will agree with me that, his conduct is more childish and disgraceful than anyone else.

3 Likes

Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2017
This politics section should be called comedy section. Makes me laff more dan comedy section

1 Like

Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by Evablizin(f): 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
This Dino is completly crazy,"i will beat.... impregnate you"somebody's wife,this man done the mad oooh well he is a judgement to APC goverment.chai kogi state sorry

1 Like

Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by Dlionsheart: 5:02pm On Jun 02, 2017
Gravas:

Hope you will agree with me that, his conduct is more childish and disgraceful than anyone else.

You myopicly see it that way because he has refused to be blinded by the change mantra or join in singing the songs of slavery that all North central are used to. He is not currently singing any song of praise to your slave master - Hausa/Fulani

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by joe4real12: 5:08pm On Jun 02, 2017
Misplaced priority.
Yahaya Bello has not been impeached, Dino is your headache. Have you told your Gov to pay salary?

Useless OP

2 Likes

Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by Lordxeer(m): 5:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
joe4real12:
Misplaced priority.
Yahaya Bello has not been impeached, Dino is your headache. Have you told your Gov to pay salary?

Useless OP
ain't you getting ahead of your self with this bitterness? i came across it online and decided to share. why the insult?

do u even know if I'm a kogite?

3 Likes

Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by Realdeals(m): 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
He not only insulted Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, but he travelled all the way from Abuja to the leader's home in Lagos looking for a fight.

He's a disgrace true! true!!
Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by gsogbu(m): 6:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
In as much as I don't like APC and its cohorts, in as much as Dino has been in many scandals, in as much as people hate him, especially APC members, I see Dino as one of the most active lawmakers in the history of Nigerian democracy.
Though he might not be perfect, i believe there are conspiracies to bring him down.

1 Like

Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by joe4real12: 7:36pm On Jun 02, 2017
Lordxeer:
ain't you getting ahead of your self with this bitterness? i came across it online and decided to share. why the insult?

do u even know if I'm a kogite?
Stop sharing what is not beneficial.
Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by vedaxcool(m): 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
Realdeals:

He's a disgrace true! true!!

grin grin they should dash him to ipob.
Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by pauljumbo: 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
they should recall the governor too he is the most docile governor in Nigeria
Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by fergie001: 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
vedaxcool:

grin grin they should dash him you ipob.

Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by tuniski: 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2017
gsogbu:
In as much as I don't like APC and its cohorts, in as much as Dino has been in many scandals, in as much as people hate him, especially APC members, I see Dino as one of the most active lawmakers in the history of Nigerian democracy.
Though he might not be perfect, i believe there are conspiracies to bring him down.
God bless you so very much.
Dino has been the most vibrant and pro people senator since 1999.
Re: Process To Recall Sen. Dino Melaye Has Begun. by Lordxeer(m): 8:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
joe4real12:
Stop sharing what is not beneficial.
u are really bitter.. go and sleep

(1) (Reply)

Take hard decisions​, heaven will not fall; Chief justice Onnoghen tell judges / Compulsory Voting: A Solution To IPOB Election Boycott Threat. My opinion / Bridging The Gap. Cameroons Attack Helicopter Fleet Nears Parity With Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.