Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Thread For The Shell Nigeria Applicants - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Thread For The Shell Nigeria Applicants (2250 Views)

Shell Nigeria Students Scholarship Schemes / Frsc Lagos State Command Appeals To Applicants To Pick Up Their Drivers License / ATBU Postgraduate Applicants 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For The Shell Nigeria Applicants by massinola(m): 7:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
Haven completed my Shell Nigeria online video interview and online aptitude test, I would like to give hints to other applicants whom theirs haven't been sent on what to expect.
I must say it wasn't what I expected. A situation where one is expected to answer 82 questions in just 16 minutes.
This is how it goes. As I finished my application yesterday, a mail was sent to me by Shell acknowledging my application and asking me to continuously check my inbox and spam for the interview mails. At about 4:15am this morning, 2/06/2017, two mails were sent to my inbox. One containing the link for the video interview, and the second for the online aptitude test.
Note, you must have a steady internet access. I mean 3G, if 4G is at your reach, use it. It will do you much good.
In the video interview, your interviewer will ask you five questions one at a time. The questions will be asked by five different people. For each question, you are given 3minutes to express yourself while recording it live. At the end of each question, it will upload and load your next question. At the end of the five questions, the system uploads your five video answers.
Note, download Hireview app if you want to use your mobile phone for the interview.
For the aptitude test, you will be expected to answer 25 questions per section under 4minutes. The last section is abstract questions and contains 10 questions.
In every section, your time starts reading once you click the start button. Once it is 4minutes, the system automatically submits for you. When you are done with the aptitude test, you will be expected to fill a 74 numbered questionnaire. This one isn't timed.
Once you submit this, a mail will be sent to you acknowledging reception. In that mail contains a link to check your performance in the questionnaire section.
Be cautious of the time and make sure you are not distracted. Once you start the test, you can't purse nor stop till you submit.
Good luck to my fellow applicants, God must pick our calls this time. It is our turn.
Meanwhile, it is 7:00pm. You know what I mean.....

2 Likes

Re: Thread For The Shell Nigeria Applicants by Ayonz: 8:22am On Jun 04, 2017
What are the questions u were asked for the video interview?
Re: Thread For The Shell Nigeria Applicants by bussay: 10:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
Pls, what kind of questions am i expecting in the aptitude test?
Re: Thread For The Shell Nigeria Applicants by massinola(m): 12:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ayonz:
What are the questions u were asked for the video interview?
why do you think shell should employ you?
how did you manage a situation where you and your superior had a varying opinion?
how did you handle a task given to you within a short period of time?
have you been in a situation where you are the leader but your followers disagreed with you all your submissions? how did you manage the situation?
cant remember the last question

1 Like

Re: Thread For The Shell Nigeria Applicants by Nonizle: 12:45pm On Jun 06, 2017
thanks for these tips. God bless you
massinola:

why do you think shell should employ you?
how did you manage a situation where you and your superior had a varying opinion?
how did you handle a task given to you within a short period of time?
have you been in a situation where you are the leader but your followers disagreed with you all your submissions? how did you manage the situation?
cant remember the last question
Re: Thread For The Shell Nigeria Applicants by Agentmimi: 12:49pm On Jun 06, 2017
thanks
massinola:
Haven completed my Shell Nigeria online video interview and online aptitude test, I would like to give hints to other applicants whom theirs haven't been sent on what to expect.
I must say it wasn't what I expected. A situation where one is expected to answer 82 questions in just 16 minutes.
This is how it goes. As I finished my application yesterday, a mail was sent to me by Shell acknowledging my application and asking me to continuously check my inbox and spam for the interview mails. At about 4:15am this morning, 2/06/2017, two mails were sent to my inbox. One containing the link for the video interview, and the second for the online aptitude test.
Note, you must have a steady internet access. I mean 3G, if 4G is at your reach, use it. It will do you much good.
In the video interview, your interviewer will ask you five questions one at a time. The questions will be asked by five different people. For each question, you are given 3minutes to express yourself while recording it live. At the end of each question, it will upload and load your next question. At the end of the five questions, the system uploads your five video answers.
Note, download Hireview app if you want to use your mobile phone for the interview.
For the aptitude test, you will be expected to answer 25 questions per section under 4minutes. The last section is abstract questions and contains 10 questions.
In every section, your time starts reading once you click the start button. Once it is 4minutes, the system automatically submits for you. When you are done with the aptitude test, you will be expected to fill a 74 numbered questionnaire. This one isn't timed.
Once you submit this, a mail will be sent to you acknowledging reception. In that mail contains a link to check your performance in the questionnaire section.
Be cautious of the time and make sure you are not distracted. Once you start the test, you can't purse nor stop till you submit.
Good luck to my fellow applicants, God must pick our calls this time. It is our turn.
Re: Thread For The Shell Nigeria Applicants by massinola(m): 1:45pm On Jun 06, 2017
bussay:
Pls, what kind of questions am i expecting in the aptitude test?
very abstract questions i must say.
questions like: every house has a kitchen, some kitchens are expensive. you will be given different meaning of this statement to choose from
in the maths option, you have questions like; 13 ? 71 = 923 with options like,
A. *
B. /
C. +
B. -
The questions ain't this simple, i'm just giving an instance.
there are also very abstract image questions.
good luck to everyone
Re: Thread For The Shell Nigeria Applicants by AuntyBibi12345: 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2017
massinola:

Thank you so much for this post. May we all be successful

(1) (Reply)

Oko T Junction (trailer) - Nigerian 2017 Nollyood Movies / How To Purchase Silver Coins And Bullion / Biography Of Newly Elect PDP Youth Leader Mohammed Kadede Suleiman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.